Hello From Jbagz

Jbagz

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I've been posting a lot recently and I thought I would reveal a little about myself. I lived in Japan off and on since the late 1990s. Mostly in Misawa, I was in the US military, but my most recent stint was 2010 to 2012 in Tokyo working for a US company.

I'm in the US right now but I'm leaving for Tokyo on Monday for a short vacation before going to Thailand for a year.

I'm in my late 40s and in the process of doing a mid-life career change. I'm trying to turn my hobby of photography into a job. I'll be working on my portfolio while in Thailand and be doing a number of side trips to China, Vietnam, Laos and Malaysia.

Not sure if I will be successful, but I've been saving money to try this for a long time. If I'm not successful, I'll just consider this adventure an early retirement.

I love Tokyo and would like to live there again, but would need a real job due to the cost of living in that wonderful city.

I don't think that is in the cards for me, but who knows what the future holds?

I've been enjoying the conversation here and there are some great nuggets of information about Tokyo in this forum.

Regards,

J

Welcome! Very sorry for my late reply, but thanks for joining and posting.

Reactions: Jbagz