Hello hello!

For cardio training you definitely don't need the gym. Walking and running are better options for that.
Gym is only useful if you want to increase your body mass and muscle definition. Just get a yoga mat and develop your own routine. 20 mins a day of stretching and exercise will suffice to keep you fit.

Reactions: Ken1988
i just love sex as a sport, girl is secondary(i see her as a partner in a sport), i just can't do it with a guy.

Reactions: Maxblack
i still see my paid sex as a partner woman, only if she has a prosit-attitude then i can't help, i dun tink all are alike.
i ever encounters couple of times they actually forgotten about time that i have to remind them.

Only time you'll see me running, you should start running as well because something is chasing me.

images

Reminds me of this shirt...

Walking? Yoga?

OK, yeah, those are OK for augmenting a serious fitness routine but those alone are not what I am talking about when I say fitness.

I know a lot of people seem to think that simply NOT being 5 to 10 kilos overweight is the same as being fit. That is a mistake.

When I talk about staying fit as you get old I am talking about true fitness. As a baseline- look at the standard fitness levels required by military units (like the US Army or Marines). Look at what a passing performance is for a guy in his late 20's. That is the kind of fitness you should have as your goal as you get older.

You need to constantly challenge yourself to stay truly fit. Anything else is just fooling yourself.

Reactions: Sudsy and MikeH
I know a lot of people seem to think that simply NOT being 5 to 10 kilos overweight is the same as being fit. That is a mistake.

Being slim might be just genetics or being disciplined enough not to eat too much. I know many young people who are slim and totally unfit at the same time.

As a baseline- look at the standard fitness levels required by military units (like the US Army or Marines). Look at what a passing performance is for a guy in his late 20's. That is the kind of fitness you should have as your goal as you get older.

I actually did this two years ago at the beginning of year. My initial plan was to train hard for a year to be fit enough to pass the test in the late 20's standards. That plan was destroyed immediately when I realised that you just need 60 points to pass and I hit around 80 in all tests already that time without any extra training. And I really didn't consider myself being in great shape, just adequate.

The funniest thing still was when I talked about this with a lady friend who was 20 years younger than me. She confessed she started going to the gym after we started to have our meet-ups because she was always so tired after our sessions. That made me realise I need to start having more sex to have motivation for training too. :D

Being slim might be just genetics or being disciplined enough not to eat too much. I know many young people who are slim and totally unfit at the same time.
Yeah, a lot of Japanese are this type exactly - at their ideal height/weight ratio but couldn't run 20 meters or lift 20 kilos to save their soul.

... when I realized that you just need 60 points to pass and I hit around 80 in all tests already that time without any extra training.
It's actually 60 points at entry but 70 points once you're on active duty but you hit that anyway. If passing is too easy go for the max - 100 points in each category. It isn't the only definition of "fit" but it is a good baseline to start from.

One of the biggest problems about this as you age is that your body gets used to what you are doing. Pumping out 70 - 80 push-ups in 2 minutes is no longer a challenge so you have to find different things to challenge yourself with.

Got a link?

US Army standards:

http://www.apft-standards.com/pushup-male.html
http://www.apft-standards.com/situp-male.html
http://www.apft-standards.com/run-male.html

US Marine Corps Standards:
https://www.military.com/military-fitness/marine-corps-fitness-requirements/usmc-pft-charts

- Oh, and don't just assume that "passing" is good enough for most units (especially the Marines). US Marine Corps standards for pull-ups is 3 for a minimum - but in real life you can expect they will push you to do better (in ways you don't want to imagine) until you can do 12 to 15 consistently.

Reactions: Sudsy and MikeH
US Army standards

Especially the run standards are surprisingly easy. In my early twenties when I was in military I did 2 miles in 12 minutes and was not even the best runner in a very low level unit. (Physically that is, we were doing math :p)

Though that kind of speed is just a dream now; even if I can still run a marathon the first thing to when you get older is the speed. Happily this doesn't have a negative effect on love making, most girls prefer long and steady over quick and fast. :D

Every morning when I wake up and confirm that I'm not dead I feel pretty healthy. If I button up my pants I feel quite "fit".

That sounds like my grandmother. Every morning first thing she checked the newspaper obituaries and if her was not there she made a pot of coffee and started her day.

US Army standards:

http://www.apft-standards.com/pushup-male.html
http://www.apft-standards.com/situp-male.html
http://www.apft-standards.com/run-male.html

US Marine Corps Standards:
https://www.military.com/military-fitness/marine-corps-fitness-requirements/usmc-pft-charts

- Oh, and don't just assume that "passing" is good enough for most units (especially the Marines). US Marine Corps standards for pull-ups is 3 for a minimum - but in real life you can expect they will push you to do better (in ways you don't want to imagine) until you can do 12 to 15 consistently.

Thanks - I'll see how I measure up later in the week :)

Reactions: ShowaJidai
So my take on a few of the concerns raised
1. Cumming to fast
I was very, very late to the party when it came to having sex and the first few times I was lucky to get laid I set a record that would have made a Tesla Roadster proud. I was fortunate in having a partner that was older than me and very understanding. And here is where a hilarious piece of advice came in. She told me "You remember how they say - 'If you''re giving a speech imagine everyone naked.' I said "yes" She smiled and said 'Well when you're with me imagine the opposite. Pretend I'm wearing a potato sack." Well to be fair she would've made a potato sack look sexy but what she said was so funny that I really started relaxing for the first time. She said "What's you're biggest fear?" And I said "Cumming early" And she said " Well now that you've gotten that out of the way there's nothing to worry about is there. And she was right. After that things just got better.

2. Weight Loss
There is a very popular myth that if you want to lose weight you have to hit the gym. This can sometimes (and notice I say sometimes) be counter productive. Now working out is important, especially as you grow older. But I've found that strength training takes precedence over cardio (for men) as we loose muscle mass, bone density and testosterone as we age. Weight training helps reduce/slow down that loss and can sometimes even increase it (depending on your physical condition before)
For cardio doing HIIT is as effective if not more so than jogging three times a week for 1/2 an hour each session. However, there is a caveat jogging outdoors, not in a gym, has other benefits - exposure to nature, feel good hormones etc etc. However, jogging can also be bad for knees and joints (for people like me) so I prefer to do a fast walk outside.

In my opinion, Body weight exercises are better as you age for the very simple reason that it is extremely hard to injure yourself doing push ups, pullups, chin ups, dips, single leg squats etc. You'd have to be doing the exercises with very poor form to hurt yourself. There is a caveat here also I'm afraid. As you loose weight Body weight exercises become easier. However, you can compensate for this by doing variations that will in effect increase the weight you're putting on the muscle.

Calisthenics also has the benefit of being compound exercises so you can work multiple muscle groups more quickly than with muscle isolating exercises in the gym. And you can do it from the comfort of your own home. No gym fees, no dealing with the weather, or transportation. Twenty minutes, two to three times a week and you can get a total body workout that is safe and effective.

Lastly, loosing weight. I mentioned that exercise is not the way and it's true. Conventional diets also don't work as they're not sustainable. However, there is one diet that I've found that is pretty effective and has great sticking power. The 5 - 2 diet. I am including a link to the BBC documentary - The truth about exercise . A great look at some of the myths and realities of the exercise industry. The host Dr Mosley is also the person who came up with the 5 - 2 diet after doing another special "Eat, Fast & Live Longer"

You can google the 5 - 2 diet but if you'd like some advice on what I did (I went from 200 pounds to 165) let me know.

Best of luck and welcome to TAG

PS Alice, thanks for making me laugh
Only time you'll see me running, you should start running as well because something is chasing me.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Gym is only useful if you want to increase your body mass and muscle definition. Just get a yoga mat and develop your own routine. 20 mins a day of stretching and exercise will suffice to keep you fit.

Agree. I believe you can do a lot on a yoga mat. Sun salutation is a great cardio workout. If you don't have time, you just can do Tabata burpees on the mat.

I've been into yoga a bit recently because I really want to do the splits....I've been always dreaming it would make sex more fun.

Agree. I believe you can do a lot on a yoga mat. Sun salutation is a great cardio workout. If you don't have time, you just can do Tabata burpees on the mat.

I've been into yoga a bit recently because I really want to do the splits....I've been always dreaming it would make sex more fun.

Agreed, yoga is probably the most complete exercise (and more than that). Hot yoga especially (both the litteral and metaphorical one ;))

Reactions: Ken1988
One thing you definitely should take away from this is the importance of cardio training.

Men don't lose the ability to have sex because they get old. They lose the ability to have sex because they have lost their cardio fitness. The fact is that you will be able to have more sex - longer time and more sessions - as you get older if you continue to train intensively.

Everything else is excuses.

On the other hand, women should train their leg muscles, increase muscle tone and focus on core strength to be able to "ride throughly".

On the other hand, women should train their leg muscles, increase muscle tone and focus on core strength to be able to "ride throughly".

I am a big fan of pilates. Never done it and never even seen anyone do it, but I have been the beneficiary of it for many years. When the girl can control which part of your sausage of love she squeezes it is just amazing. :D

Reactions: AliceInWonderland

i will not run, i know is either sex manics or crazy fans running after u just like some members in this forum/thread.
i already got my idol -Asuka, one day i will knock her out.

before u start, rmb to say this to urself 'dun fail me this time'.

edit: actually it doesn't help.

Last edited: