Hello, moving to Japan in Feb

Fries225

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hey guys new member here as I’m researching for my move to Japan here in a few months. Mongering is a hobby I’ve picked up in the states, and I know many places aren’t foreign friendly. For the ones that do not like foreigners because of the language barrier (I’m 5’4” white and not huge down there lol) do things like Google live translate help get you into more places? I just watched the pixel 6 event and the interview they showed for it was crazy fast and accurate.

Reactions: Simonka
Hey, welcome.
To answer your question, no, translation devices won't help you in p4p scene. There are some shops that offer English speaking staffs. But beware that their English is more than often hard to understand. If you don't know Japanese then my suggestion is to make a Japanese friend who can speak English or go with someone from TAG who can speak Japanese. And if you happen to come to Yokohama, you can give me a heads up. Hopefully, I'll be a bit more free from March onward.

When I moved to Japan, I knew near zero Japanese, but within a week or so I got some action at one of the foreigner friendly places. Google Translate did come in handy at one point with the girl, which was good, since it got me to the "secret" option ... ;-)
That was pre-Covid, and sadly Covid hasn't been nice to the industry, and particularly the foreigner friendly places, many have gone out of business now.
At any rate, without Japanese, the options would be limited, but should still be possible to find some p4p fun. At minimum the TAG ads here would surely get you some action :)

Of course, assuming you're coming to Japan long term and want the full Japanese experience, studying Japanese for a couple of years (eg JLPT N3) should open a lot of p4p doors.
I personally felt a great sense of accomplishment and justification for spending all this time studying Japanese, when I managed to sign up for Sugar Daddy JP and pulled off an entire date, all in Japanese. :-D

Thanks guys, I’m pretty pumped about getting over there even in current Covid situation TAG will for sure when a go to resource appreciate all of you!