Hello TAG Community!

StrikeBooze

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello folks.

Just moved to Tokyo this month under work/long term visa. Asian, 30 and working as a finance associate in an American conglomerate.

Glad to be part of the community and looking forward to good times!

How was your entry into the country? We're all curious about what procedures people are going through and the time required, etc.

Since the beginning of the month it has been if not easy at least pretty doable. The embassies are processing visas now normally and actually quite fast.

Have been involved with getting two guys come in this far, one with family, and two more coming in next week. Lots of red tape of course, but that's always.

As MikeH mentioned, processing time once they lift the travel ban for a country is pretty quick. From my visa submission with all the required documentation and a "invitation letter" from a legal entity in Japan, took less than a week.

Reactions: Acid Burn
I lost two clients to Japan over the past two months, both American men married to Japanese citizens who went through the Japanese embassy here to get visas. Not sure of the details but it took both of them a couple of months to get everything straightened out. Last I heard, they were in quarantine in Tokyo and Ibaraki. Things might be slow but it's still possible.

Last I heard, they were in quarantine in Tokyo and Ibaraki.
Ibaraki? Being in quarantine is a kindness if you've gotta be in Ibaraki. Keeps you from truly realising you're in, well, Ibaraki.

Ibaraki? Being in quarantine is a kindness if you've gotta be in Ibaraki. Keeps you from truly realising you're in, well, Ibaraki.

I never had any reason to get off the train in Ibaraki so I've only seen it through the window on the way back from up north. I saw nothing that could've compelled me to get off the train.

But I dated a girl from Mito, once, very briefly...until she abruptly ghosted me. Perhaps my behavior at dinner was less than charming (she's the idiot that picked a nomihodai joint) but I paid for two or three dinners and a lunch and received zero pussy. That kind of ROI puts Ibaraki on a permanent shit-list.

It is a good thing that you were able to get that visa. I heard the process was difficult. Well, welcome to the community! Hope you can share some tricks in getting a visa. Also have plans but been wondering how to get a working or longterm visa.