Hello, World

Wanderlust

TAG Member
Reaction score
If you read these, hey and hello! I'll be in Japan for two-plus weeks in October with a potential move there in early 2017.

If you don't read these, consider my heart already broken.

I should probably add that I'm as vanilla as they come, but hey, there's always time to try new things.

Two plus weeks is plenty to sample a good slice of Japan. Hope to hear more from you.

Verbal is correct, but unless you spend time on research and put that research into practice, the two weeks will zoom by and leave you with regrets.

I'll echo Verbal-let us know how it goes!!!;)

Reactions: Wanderlust
Verbal is correct, but unless you spend time on research and put that research into practice, the two weeks will zoom by and leave you with regrets.

I'll echo Verbal-let us know how it goes!!!;)

I haven't been on TAG long, but if research is the key to a "busy" trip, I seem to have found the right place for it.

Reactions: roots reggae
Research and the frame of mind to get past all in Japan that is so different from what you are used to. It took me three years to get past my fear of feeling strange going to onsen. Now, I look back and wonder why I hesitated so much.

Be prepared to encounter a whole new world. Just be respectful, smile, and don't be afraid to try new things.

Research and the frame of mind to get past all in Japan that is so different from what you are used to. It took me three years to get past my fear of feeling strange going to onsen. Now, I look back and wonder why I hesitated so much.

Be prepared to encounter a whole new world. Just be respectful, smile, and don't be afraid to try new things.

I was lucky enough to study abroad in Kyoto for a semester back in 2010, so I'm not coming in completely dry. But 6 years is a long time (give me a break, I'm still in my 20s) so I'm definitely doing all the reading/refreshing I can for a decidedly more adult-themed trip this time around.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
It took me three years to get past my fear of feeling strange going to onsen.

Oh you bloody yanks, you make everything so difficult! ;)

I guess we Europeans coming from our bath/sauna culture have it much easier. At least we all know there is only one rule in onsen; don't do the helicopter, not even to the cleaning lady who shows up to mop the floor in the middle of fifty naked males. :ROFLMAO:

Oh you bloody yanks, you make everything so difficult! ;)

I guess we Europeans coming from our bath/sauna culture have it much easier. At least we all know there is only one rule in onsen; don't do the helicopter, not even to the cleaning lady who shows up to mop the floor in the middle of fifty naked males. :ROFLMAO:
I miss the European saunas where men and women are mixed (non sexual). Japan is a bore. Have to split up with male friends or family.

Reactions: Wwanderer and MikeH
I miss the European saunas where men and women are mixed (non sexual). Japan is a bore. Have to split up with male friends or family.

Yeah, for the most part. However, a couple of my favorites are mixed. Takaragawa Onsen is massive, no swimsuits, and scenic, right on the river.

https://tokyoadultguide.com/threads/onsen-adventures.10692/ post#1

Closer to Tokyo, down near Shimoda in Izu, is another fantastic mixed onsen, Amagiso, with an amazing huge waterfall, swimsuits in the day, but not required at night.

https://tokyoadultguide.com/threads/onsen-adventures.10692/page-2 post #30