Help

Skatingby

TAG Member
Reaction score
I'm at Ueno station. What is the best way to get to Darling Harbor? Thanks for your help!

Use Hyperdia.com & it can give you train directions & time table.

There aren't any train stations within 10-15 minutes' walk of Yoshiwara. Your best bet is to get a taxi and show them the following address:

東京都台東区千束4丁目17-20

That will take you right to Darling Harbor.

From Ueno, I'd go to Nippori station via JR Joban express line, JR Yamanote, or JR keihin-tohoku line. All three lines are about 5 minute ride. From there take a taxi to yoshiwara--about 1,500 yen ride. If you don't know how to say it, just say "soapland" and you'll get there.

Hope this helps!

From Ueno, I'd go to Nippori station via JR Joban express line, JR Yamanote, or JR keihin-tohoku line.

Out of curiosity, is there a reason he needs to additionally backtrack to Nippori, aside from maybe ease of finding the taxi stand? Ueno and Nippori are the same driving distance to Yoshiwara... I think generally the soapland car pickup for the soapland is at Nippori, though.

Out of curiosity, is there a reason he needs to additionally backtrack to Nippori, aside from maybe ease of finding the taxi stand? Ueno and Nippori are the same driving distance to Yoshiwara... I think generally the soapland car pickup for the soapland is at Nippori, though.

Since I don't speak much japanese, I'd rather get off Nippori station and ask the taxi driver to take me to yoshiwara. They seem to get a lot of requests going there and I don't have to communicate much to where I want to go :)