Guest viewing is limited

Here they come... the borders are opening back up. Sorta.

Sudsy

Forever blowing bubbles....
Contributor License
Reaction score
https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Japan-immigration/Japan-to-reopen-borders-starting-Monday

So, the borders will open on Monday, for business travelers, students, and industrial trainees ONLY.

Tourists are still verboten.

Business travelers with proof of vaccination also now have a reduced three day quarantine period.

Prepare for the flood of silly questions and ham handed attempts to find out where someone who can't speak Japanese might find a willing provider of nookie.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Japan-immigration/Japan-to-reopen-borders-starting-Monday

So, the borders will open on Monday, for business travelers, students, and industrial trainees ONLY.

Tourists are still verboten.

Business travelers with proof of vaccination also now have a reduced three day quarantine period.

Prepare for the flood of silly questions and ham handed attempts to find out where someone who can't speak Japanese might find a willing provider of nookie.

Consider yourselves lucky, as you're not reopening to "tourists" just yet. Believe me, we went through that clusterfuck a year ago around here and it's continuing now. With the airline and hotel industries desperate to recover lost income by offering ridiculously low room rates and air fare, combined with the utterly disastrous consequences of Southwest Airlines deciding to fly here (no explanation needed) we were gifted with a daily stampede of tens of thousands of low-dollar, low-class, bottom-of-the-barrel shithole American trash pouring in to take advantage of the trailer-park-friendly prices. The hordes of classless, obese, disgusting shit-kickers (with their fake CDC cards and refusing to wear masks) have overrun virtually all of the nice places and it's only going to get worse with Thanksgiving and then the New Year holiday around the corner.

As I type this, there's a two-bed hotel room nearby with probably eight or nine fat, drunk, disgusting tourist losers blasting and singing along to Linkin Park (not joking), chugging shit that appears to be plastic bottle handles (Skovar vodka) and urinating off the balcony. THAT is what's in store for Japan if the government isn't careful. The dumbest, poorest and trashiest people in the world are itchy to travel, and bargain prices are making it possible. And that's not even the tip of the iceberg, with millions of Chinese nationals dying to resume spreading their filth and ruining everything all across Japan, as if COVID wasn't enough.

Reopening is ugly. Dirty, smelly, disgusting, dick-softening, irritating, enraging and just plain disastrous. And the sad part is it's inevitable.

Consider yourselves lucky, as you're not reopening to "tourists" just yet. Believe me, we went through that clusterfuck a year ago around here and it's continuing now. With the airline and hotel industries desperate to recover lost income by offering ridiculously low room rates and air fare, combined with the utterly disastrous consequences of Southwest Airlines deciding to fly here (no explanation needed) we were gifted with a daily stampede of tens of thousands of low-dollar, low-class, bottom-of-the-barrel shithole American trash pouring in to take advantage of the trailer-park-friendly prices. The hordes of classless, obese, disgusting shit-kickers (with their fake CDC cards and refusing to wear masks) have overrun virtually all of the nice places and it's only going to get worse with Thanksgiving and then the New Year holiday around the corner.

As I type this, there's a two-bed hotel room nearby with probably eight or nine fat, drunk, disgusting tourist losers blasting and singing along to Linkin Park (not joking), chugging shit that appears to be plastic bottle handles (Skovar vodka) and urinating off the balcony. THAT is what's in store for Japan if the government isn't careful. The dumbest, poorest and trashiest people in the world are itchy to travel, and bargain prices are making it possible. And that's not even the tip of the iceberg, with millions of Chinese nationals dying to resume spreading their filth and ruining everything all across Japan, as if COVID wasn't enough.

Reopening is ugly. Dirty, smelly, disgusting, dick-softening, irritating, enraging and just plain disastrous. And the sad part is it's inevitable.

Linkin Park? Back in my days those types were more into Kid Rock. There is some marginal improvement :D

@Frenchy and @CharlieSimms - stop trying to out-douche each other. That's the path to Nickelback, and nobody wants to hear that.

Back to topic … @Keihan I seriously think karma is a bitch for you . Remember how you behaved during your own douche days in Osaka? :)

Nah y’all…. This….

I had friends (well, sorta) who were "Juggalos" way back, maybe 20 years ago. Painted faces and everything. As far as I know, they still live at home today, bus tables and deliver pizza and a couple of them may actually still be virgins.

Although, I must admit...the Eminem diss song was pretty funny.

Reactions: CharlieSimms
Back to topic … @Keihan Remember how you behaved during your own douche days in Osaka? :)

Behaved?? Evidently you have no idea what I'm planning to do once I'm allowed back in. I already got my new combat boots, "LET'S GO BRANDON" t-shirt and red "MAGA 2024" beanie in case it's colder weather.

I can’t wait to go for the first time and check out all the fun things to do… :)

The paperwork to get these people into the country is a major headache.
Even when the visa application is approved, the Japanese business/ school has to submit all sorts of documents and get approval.
Once you get the run around from many government departments , a lot will give up and just wait until the roles go back to normal.

Reactions: Simonka
You would think that if someone is fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine (and perhaps gets a booster) and can also produce a recent negative COVID test, then that should be good enough without having to quarantine.

Reactions: Bobby Maupy
Stop being so damned sensible. It has no place in Japan.
I'm sure Japan is just being super cautious... The 2020 Olympics was a bit of a shitshow with covid despite everyone being "vaccinated" .

By mid 2022, maybe enough people will be vaccinated that some countries can travel to Japan without quarantine. Although, America being the giant pain in the rear probably won't be one of them with their politics.

I'm sure Japan is just being super cautious... The 2020 Olympics was a bit of a shitshow with covid despite everyone being "vaccinated" .
By the time the Olympics opened, cases had already gone up by nearly 200% (from 1.13 cases/100,000 people on Jun. 21 to 3.13 cases/100,000 people on Jul. 23) from the bottom of the trough between the 4th and 5th waves, and case counts typically reflect infections that occurred 10-14 days before, so really even the 10.05 cases/100,000 people reported on Aug. 6 were likely infected before the games. From there to the peak of the 5th wave on Aug. 25, at 18.40 cases/100,000 people is not even another doubling, when cases had already increased 10 fold. So I don't think you can really blame the Olympics for the increase in cases.

Reactions: Ken1988
So I don't think you can really blame the Olympics for the increase in cases.
There is, of course, the social aspect. People largely abandoned precautions because the Olympics and the behaviour of associated VIPs showed the double standard the government was applying.

Reactions: MikeH
The adverse impact on the wa definitely cannot be discounted. Nothing like a bunch of foreigners to really mess that up.

yes. or a princess marrying a commoner with dodgy family stories and a hair bun. that’s an unforgivable Wa-killer

But when she does let her hair down… yummy… Anyway they have been exiled. Sorry Frenchy, wa has been restored.

Reactions: Cinnabums
But when she does let her hair down… yummy… Anyway they have been exiled. Sorry Frenchy, wa has been restored.

as you can imagine I was having nightmares about this scandalous situation. Harry and Meghan , it’s nothing compared to that infamy :D

as you can imagine I was having nightmares about this scandalous situation. Harry and Meghan , it’s nothing compared to that infamy :D

You know, prior to Meghan getting her 15 minutes by squatting on a royal cock, you probably could've counted the number of Americans who knew who she was on one hand. And then when we were forced to learn about her through that marital publicity stunt, I'd say most Americans were truly grateful get get rid of her. The feds should've been smart and forced her to renounce her U.S. citizenship when she became a British royal; that way, she and that ginger moron husband of hers would've had to apply for visas to come back here, and then we could've rejected the applications...or at least put them at the bottom of the pile, under the tens of thousands of asylum applications from all of Joe Biden's illegal border jumpers.

You know, prior to Meghan getting her 15 minutes by squatting on a royal cock, you probably could've counted the number of Americans who knew who she was on one hand. And then when we were forced to learn about her through that marital publicity stunt, I'd say most Americans were truly grateful get get rid of her. The feds should've been smart and forced her to renounce her U.S. citizenship when she became a British royal; that way, she and that ginger moron husband of hers would've had to apply for visas to come back here, and then we could've rejected the applications...or at least put them at the bottom of the pile, under the tens of thousands of asylum applications from all of Joe Biden's illegal border jumpers.

i start to like you :)