Hi! Finally decided to make an account

foobarxyzabc

TAG Member
Reaction score
Have been lurking the forums for a few months now, but have finally decided to join.
In my early 30s, originally from one of the former Soviet Union republics I have been in Japan for the last 20 years and currently working and living in Tokyo.
Since I prefer searching for information on my own before asking any question,
big thanks to the creators of TAG and all users who create unique and interesting content :)

Have been lurking the forums for a few months now, but have finally decided to join.
In my early 30s, originally from one of the former Soviet Union republics I have been in Japan for the last 20 years and currently working and living in Tokyo.
big thanks to the creators of TAG and all users who create unique and interesting content :)

Welcome! Thanks for joining up!

Welcome! Since you have been living here for most of your life I expect there are some things you can teach us!

Were you educated in Japanese or did you go to an international school?

Were you educated in Japanese or did you go to an international school?
It is a rather complex topic. I came to Japan together with parents and for the first 3 years I've been to 2 schools: last year of elementary school and junior high school.
Since I wasn't the only foreigner, schools provided special one-to-one Japanese classes (as replacement for ordinary Japanese language (国語) and social (社会) classes).
It was quite helpful, but otherwise painful experience, because I had to study english ahead of Japanese in order to be able to understand these classes.
At the same time I didn't completely abandon school in my home country, took all books with me and studied on my own during useless classes in Japanese school.
So yeah, pretty mixed experience and no time left to play with other kids :D

Welcome!!!

Do you know Donald Trump?
-trump-memes-nasty-people.jpg