Guest viewing is limited

High-end kyabakura/hostess clubs

vargas

TAG Member
Reaction score
I’ve occasionally found myself in the Ginza 8-chome area around 6-7pm when the hostesses are headed to work. There seem to be a lot of clubs in that area and it’s interesting seeing the girls coming out of hair and makeup salons or on dinner dates with customers. Most are wearing kimonos or the typical evening dress with crazy hair updos. The later aren’t unattractive but fairly garish and... unsophisticated looking.

However on a few occasions I’ve seen extremely beautiful women wearing very attractive and classy outfits seeing their customers off. These are really high end ladies, looking like the trophy wives of billionaires, perfect poise and breeding. What sort of clubs do they work at and what does a night typically cost? Are they even open to the public or is it an exclusive private thing?

Reactions: nedved80 and akasam
As far as I know, they are exclusive as you have to be with one of the regulars to visit there for your first time. They are mainly used for "corporate hospitality" and the clients are usually on expenses.

And if you think you are getting some action from the girls you will be so disappointed. I once dragged a company visitor out of one of those places and he didn't talk to me for three days after that. Because "I was five minutes away from taking her to my hotel".

All I could say dude, her job is to make everyone believe that all night long. And that place was not even one of the really high end places; they charged only around 50.000 per hour per head.

Cool, thanks for the replies! Get the impression there’s a lot of interesting members-only stuff going on in Tokyo. Not worth the price of having to do business with Japanese companies though LOL. If those poor corporate bastards didn’t get an occasional glimpse of heaven JR would have to build automated track cleanup systems.

And if you think you are getting some action from the girls you will be so disappointed. I once dragged a company visitor out of one of those places and he didn't talk to me for three days after that. Because "I was five minutes away from taking her to my hotel".

All I could say dude, her job is to make everyone believe that all night long. And that place was not even one of the really high end places; they charged only around 50.000 per hour per head.
He must have been so jealous of her! ;)

Reactions: Garcian and MikeH
I think there is a misconception the hostess and kyaba world is closed to the non-Japanese community. I have never found that to be the case. The yen is almighty. If you don’t speak a lick of nihongo, it could be a challenging world to navigate however. For an entry point, I would recommend Club Chick.

I think there is a misconception the hostess and kyaba world is closed to the non-Japanese community. I have never found that to be the case. The yen is almighty. If you don’t speak a lick of nihongo, it could be a challenging world to navigate however. For an entry point, I would recommend Club Chick.

Agreed , its the one i also recommended in a similar thread (its in Roppongi though). But again caveat: those places are just (way) over-priced bars with ladies here only to make you drink, have pleasant conversation (hopefully) and trying to make you come back and pay even more. Period. Some are really stunning and excel at stroking your ego, or soothing your bad mood etc but then again a good massage with happy ending costs much less for a similar result, imo.

Reactions: MikeH
If you don’t speak a lick of nihongo, it could be a challenging world to navigate however.

If you don't speak the language I think the point of trying to get in is kind of wasted as the only service they provide is talking.

Damn Mike, the GCS (Gaijin Cock Syndrome) only gets us “talking”?!

Don't worry, the high end hostess clubs are totally not racist. Talking is all they offer regardless of the size or colour of your dingaling.

Obviously if you are happy to throw in an apartment in Roppongi and maybe a Mercedes-Benz convertible to drive you are able to get more than just stories how do you look exactly like Harrison Ford.

Never tried myself, Harrison is good enough for me.