Guest viewing is limited

Host Club baito

Beginner

TAG Member
Reaction score
Is it possible for a foreigner to work at host club ?
What are the requirements other than VISA and language
How one can apply for a part time job?

Unless you have a spouse visa, descendent visa, or permanent residency, you can't legally work at one. Period.

"If" you get hired and you automatically/quickly become #1, be prepared to physically fight all the senior guys for stealing their customers. I heard this from the horses mouth.

Reactions: MossBoss
From the first shimei, that host owns the customer relationship and will earn against whatever that customer spends at that club forever. Stealing a customer - unless you quit and lure them to your new club - is virtually impossible under the rules. Kyaba interestingly enough often work very differently and I would assume it can be insanely nasty and competitive about regular customer relationships and stealing them.

Reactions: Cinnabums
From the first shimei, that host owns the customer relationship and will earn against whatever that customer spends at that club forever. Stealing a customer - unless you quit and lure them to your new club - is virtually impossible under the rules. Kyaba interestingly enough often work very differently and I would assume it can be insanely nasty and competitive about regular customer relationships and stealing them.
Hmmmmm. Interesting. A good friend of mine told me the version I posted and this happened to his brother (20 years ago).

Why the fuck would you want to work in a host club? Urban myth says that a very small percentage of hosts can make what would be considered good money by some people, but the truth is that most hosts dont make that much, and most of them probably have no savings at the end of the month. Then there is the work. Youneed to dress up to look like an anime buffoon and sit in a dark smokey room all night talking the same boring shit to the same vacuous women night after fucking night. It is your job to feign interest and levity. And to light cigarettes. I can't think of anything worse. Your boss is almost certainly going to be some shady, creepy lowlife scumbag who will not give a shit about you. He will try to rip you off or at least pay as little as he can get away with. The job has zero future. Its not like you are going to gain useful skills. It is a job that is considered by most people to be gross and stupid and sleazy. But on the upside, you wont need to wear a motorcycle helmet on your scooter commute because all of the hairspray in your ridiculous hairdo acts as a helmet in case of an accident.

Reactions: Ojaysee and Lukes
My first guess is that if @Beginner had proper Japanese skills, he would have just googled in Japanese instead of coming to this forum.
Now I'm not really acknowledgeable about the host business, but my impression was always that it deals with an almost 100% Japanese client base, so you would probably want to start with having native level Japanese.
There is always an odd exception to the rule, but I can't imagine the market for foreigners here to be significant, except maybe if you were Korean ...

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeH
My first guess is that if @Beginner hat proper Japanese skills, he would have just googled in Japanese instead of coming to this forum.
Now I'm not really acknowledgeable about the host business, but my impression was always that it deals with an almost 100% Japanese client base, so you would probably want to start with having native level Japanese.
There is always an odd exception to the rule, but I can't imagine the market for foreigners here to be significant, except maybe if you were Korean ...
Yup. If you are one of those Korean soap opera guys, then you could be a host. Or maybe If you looked just like Cumberpatch.

73FCF2EB-EE81-4588-89EF-15564ACF7584.jpeg

Finally a cat who climbs the $200 cat tree you’ve bought him!

Last edited:
Clearly photoshopped. I mean at least my cats prefer to climb curtains and window fly screens.
hahaahha. I've been "very" lucky with that with the 2 I have now (knock on wood)

Why the fuck would you want to work in a host club? Urban myth says that a very small percentage of hosts can make what would be considered good money by some people, but the truth is that most hosts dont make that much, and most of them probably have no savings at the end of the month. Then there is the work. Youneed to dress up to look like an anime buffoon and sit in a dark smokey room all night talking the same boring shit to the same vacuous women night after fucking night. It is your job to feign interest and levity. And to light cigarettes. I can't think of anything worse. Your boss is almost certainly going to be some shady, creepy lowlife scumbag who will not give a shit about you. He will try to rip you off or at least pay as little as he can get away with. The job has zero future. Its not like you are going to gain useful skills. It is a job that is considered by most people to be gross and stupid and sleazy. But on the upside, you wont need to wear a motorcycle helmet on your scooter commute because all of the hairspray in your ridiculous hairdo acts as a helmet in case of an accident.

Don't forget about the drinking....you have to drink every fucking day and if you really want to earn money convince your ladies to buy you even more expensive alcohol. Working there will turn you into an alcoholic in no time

Reactions: Lukes and warubuta
Host business, Lost business...
but I’d like to visit a host club , just once in my life
Any lady here willing to go with me? (i suppose I must be accompanied of course)

Host business, Lost business...
but I’d like to visit a host club , just once in my life
Any lady here willing to go with me? (i suppose I must be accompanied of course)
*ennifer and *lice used to love going. I bet they'd be willing :p

Reactions: Frenchy
Thanks all for the clarification and revealing the dark side. I wonder why would anyone choose to be a host if the job is such a pain with no growth and future.