Hotel recommendations?

Mastodon17

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm looking to book a hotel during my visit in December around Shinjuku. I'd like some recommendations for hotels with convenient access for girls? I'm curious about how easy it is for guests to visit the rooms, if registration is needed etc.

My budget is around 30k yen per night, give or take.

Currently hovering around The Knot, Keio Plaza, Citadine and Granbell.

Cheers

The Hilton or the Granbell in Shinjuku. Neither requires keycards for the elevators, so your friend/provider can come directly to your room.

If you end up choosing a hotel that’s keycarded, you will need to meet her in the lobby or outside of hotel and get on the elevator together. Reception usually doesn’t care.

Currently hovering around The Knot, Keio Plaza, Citadine and Granbell.

No problem with The Knot (plenty of foreigners though :p). Tthe rooms require keycards or PINs but not the elevators. The bathrooms (unit baths) are a bit dark, with only one light bulb near the top of the toilet side and not enough light in the bath/shower. It's also bit further away than other hotels you have mentioned as you need like at least 15 minutes walk from the JR station west exit, even further away than Park Hyatt Tokyo, and Park Hyatt Tokyo is already far from the JR station. No direct bus / shuttle bus although cheap by taxis (less than 1000 yen one way, since they started with 400 something yen now).

Keio Plaza rooms are nice and they have renovated the rooms for their main tower, a bit pricy, but again no keycards required to access the floors.

Hotel Gracery Shinjuku is one of my favorites and also nice, BUT keycards are required to access the floors. Personally I like their bathrooms (shower area plus proper bathtub for a business level hotel) so you and the girl can play there if you wanted to. Instead you can meet the girl near the lobby sofas or even the first floor hotel entrance (for shuttle bus and taxi) or the other entrances (one near 7-Eleven / Gindaco / Taiyou no Tomato Ramen restaurant, the other one near the elevator / escalator to the movie theater). The only downside to those alternate entrances are that the noisy mosquito sound they play all the time to keep people congregating near them.

Hyatt Regency Tokyo also doesn't need keycards for the elevators but the rooms are so old (WTF, get on with the times and renovate already) and very near Keio Plaza Hotel.

New The Hilton or the Granbell in Shinjuku. Neither requires keycards for the elevators, so your friend/provider can come directly to your room.

FYI if you are staying in Granbell Shinjuku on the 12F, you will need the keycard to enter the hallway to the rooms, as the floor has a restaurant on the other side. I stayed on the 12F with the double room and loft before so I can say for sure.

Last edited:
Citaidne requires keycard.
If you prefer to stay in kabukicho area where does not require a key, I would recommend Granbell.
The room size is typical business hotel but if you don’t mind a small room, hotel wing international shinjuku also does not require a key to access the guest floor.

If you would like to stay in Nishi Shinjuku (West shinjuku) Hyatt regency, Hilton and Keio plaza are good choice as other members already mentioned above. Washington hotel does not require a key; at least they didn’t last time I visited, but the rooms are smaller compared to other three.

FYI if you are staying in Granbell Shinjuku on the 12F, you will need the keycard to enter the hallway to the rooms, as the floor has a restaurant on the other side. I stayed on the 12F with the double room and loft before so I can say for sure.

I booked a double room at the Granbell for early next year. Hopefully it's not on the 12th floor.

I booked a double room at the Granbell for early next year. Hopefully it's not on the 12th floor.

I think the ones on the 12F are specifically indicated as such, at least when I browse Expedia / etc. You can check with the website you booked with and see if you see the 12F options. If you are on the 12F, it's not the end of the world. Granbell Shinjuku has two entrances, one main entrance near the lobby and a back entrance near the parking lot behind the building / smoking room / vending machines. Once I had a girl entering from there (I was waiting downstairs because I knew they wouldn't be able to get in and I don't feel like waiting next to the elevators on the 12F with people dining there be able to see me LOL.

I think the ones on the 12F are specifically indicated as such, at least when I browse Expedia / etc. You can check with the website you booked with and see if you see the 12F options. If you are on the 12F, it's not the end of the world. Granbell Shinjuku has two entrances, one main entrance near the lobby and a back entrance near the parking lot behind the building / smoking room / vending machines. Once I had a girl entering from there (I was waiting downstairs because I knew they wouldn't be able to get in and I don't feel like waiting next to the elevators on the 12F with people dining there be able to see me LOL.

Thanks for the intel!
I get the feeling the rooms on the 12th are mostly the ones with a loft. I didn't get one of those.
I don't even know if I'll be doing any p4p at the hotel yet. Might just go to a love hotel, or not p4p at all if I'm too busy.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Hotel Perrier. Nice love hotel. You have to check rates but designed to support what you are looking for. We loved our room a couple of weeks ago

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Thanks for the intel!
I get the feeling the rooms on the 12th are mostly the ones with a loft. I didn't get one of those.
I don't even know if I'll be doing any p4p at the hotel yet. Might just go to a love hotel, or not p4p at all if I'm too busy.

You know what, you are in luck! There are at least a few love hotels right next to Shinjuku Granbell :p,

There's one directly across from the front doors / lobby called Hotel Bagus (https://w-hotels.net/w-bagus/) Google Map (https://www.google.co.jp/maps/@35.6964997,139.7053344,3a,75y,278h,90.46t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sKEmQwo7Uff7xuCva8RoDLw!2e0!6s//geo0.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid=KEmQwo7Uff7xuCva8RoDLw&output=thumbnail&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&thumb=2&w=203&h=100&yaw=172.81174&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i16384!8i8192) hehe.

Reactions: Viggagadye
Anyone have experience with the Bali-an chain of hotels, or Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo?

Anyone have experience with the Bali-an chain of hotels, or Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo?

BaliAn is a love hotel chain and you can find several posts about them in here. The Metropolitan hotels are your standard fare with gyms and meeting rooms and whatnot.