How many years do you think you still have left?

Well this is dark..

Perhaps it is a dark topic from one aspect, but being realistic about one's lifespan could be the most positive thing a person can ever do.

Coming to terms with one's mortality can motivate and inspire them to do great things. To savor life and not let it pass them by.

There will come a day when youth will pass away, or a delivery truck runs you down in a crosswalk.

It's either, "poof you're gone" or you fade away into the misery of old age.

Either way, nobody gets out alive.

Frankly I'm more afraid of being old and in poor health for an extended period of time.

I figure I only have about 10 good years left, plus 20 really shitty ones.

That's a damned powerful reason to enjoy life now.

There is something about sex that makes one feel immortal and the constant need to fulfil that need, in my case, reinforces the fact that life feels eternal which of course it is not whilst we are here on earth. I try to live in the present and rather not dwell on the years of decline that face me.

32 years 5 months 3 days 11 hours
That's what it says on the expiration sticker on your ass? :p

I don't want to live to be so old that I cannot enjoy my life the way I'd like to.

But, my family history says I'll be here for the long haul. (n) Looking at about 50 years on the game clock.

I could have a kid today and they would be nearing retirement by the time I die. Weird.

I'm not married yet, so still a good 70 years ahead of me, for now.

Honestly? About 13-18 years. I'm four years younger than the age my dad died of a stroke, but I lead a healthier lifestyle than he did. Oh, wait... no I don't. Ok, make that 2-3 years.

Reactions: MikeH
I'll ask...
*knocks on Death's door*
Death: "Go away! It's not time yet."
I'll try back tomorrow. :whistle:

I'm 33 now. I'm going to give myself another 33 years :)
I'm hoping for more. but since I have some health issues, I'll be happy if I can live up to 75-80.

Actuarially ... I've got 34.81 years left.
"Actuarial" is like a cruel joke that eikaiwa teachers can fall back on when they haven't planned a lesson. Closely followed by Loyalty and Royalty.

Last edited:
Im about to be 26 but longevity and looking younger run in my family. I still get ID for r rated movies =_=(you have to be 17) which is quite annoying actually lol. So idk 60 years?

Reactions: monalisaoverdrive