How miserable is June?

I ordered this eye gel mask. Looks fruity as hell, but damn it sure feels good while sleeping haha.

And now the girls are asking,

who+was+that+masked+man+2.jpg

or more likely,

Reactions: Sudsy
Thanks for all the responses haha, I'll probably be heading over mid-June. Excited for the rain, just need to plan outings around it.
If you haven't already climbed Mt Takao and want to, June/July is a great time to do it. It feels almost cold up there, even if greater Tokyo is dying from the humidity...

Another update;

Although it is now July, today's weather is typical of June.

Reactions: MikeH
This was exactly my question yesterday. Why do we have Obon during tsuyu?

Just use your noodle and here's a nice recipe:
Tsuyu

This is a condensed form of sauce, so dilute with water before using. One part this sauce and two parts water is good as dipping sauce, but adjust to whatever strength you like

Multipurpose sauce (for noodles and tempura)
Cook Time: 20 minutes Yield: 1 cup

Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Put all the ingredients in a pot.
  2. Let it boil and remove from heat. Cool completely in the pot.
  3. Strain bonito flakes.

Well, at least it's a good way to spend a rainy day.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sudsy and MikeH
Well, at least it's a good way to spend a rainy day.:rolleyes:

Well, the title of that video mentioned "Men-Tsuyu" which sounds to me like a combination of English and Japanese and thus would be a sauce men would produce during a wet afternoon spend indoors. :eek:

Well, the title of that video mentioned "Men-Tsuyu" which sounds to me like a combination of English and Japanese and thus would be a sauce men would produce during a wet afternoon spend indoors. :eek:

Which inspired my edit-if you can find it.

I much prefer dry environments. Yeah it sucks during the summer because it feels like having a heater blowing in your face, but dammit your close are not sticking to you after walking on a few feet from the door.

Reactions: Thrthrthr
I agree entirely. Feeling like I just took a dip in a pool with my clothes on when all I've done is cross the street is the worst.

Carrying around a face towel is not normal where I'm from.

Carrying around a face towel is not normal where I'm from.

Face towel? And you are complaining? I pretty much need a full beach towel just to get to the train station which is only five minutes away.

Over here on the Miura Peninsula, it stopped raining today and the sun actually made an appearance.

Hot and humid!!!

What to do?

Ride over to Sekiguchi Farm for a cool taste of local ice cream. It's only 15 Kilometers away, about a 35 minute ride.

ice cream.jpg

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Ride over to Sekiguchi Farm for a cool taste of local ice cream. It's only 15 Kilometers away, about a 35 minute ride.

Take care mate, with your riding reports we will soon have you pinned pretty well. So be prepared for people hungry for some lovely jalapeno riding your garden soon!

Take care mate, with your riding reports we will soon have you pinned pretty well. So be prepared for people hungry for some lovely jalapeno riding your garden soon!

I've already offered to share peppers with Inner Circle folks. Just send me an personal message when you head down my way. I should have lots of extras in about a month. My Biker Billy jalapenos, twice as hot as normal, are just beginning to ripen, while the rest of my peppers are just beginning to flower.

I'm hoping that, one day, one of the mods will take me up on the offer so that I can achieve the highly sought after status of Verified Member.:geek:

I've already offered to share peppers with Inner Circle folks. Just send me an personal message when you head down my way. I should have lots of extras in about a month. My Biker Billy jalapenos, twice as hot as normal, are just beginning to ripen, while the rest of my peppers are just beginning to flower.

I'm hoping that, one day, one of the mods will take me up on the offer so that I can achieve the highly sought after status of Verified Member.:geek:

I love spicy peppers. I know we have had our beef but we can always have peppers with our beef lol.

If I ever bought peppers from you...please don't sell me anything that will melt my face off ok?

BeavisButtheadFire.JPG

If I ever bought peppers from you...please don't sell me anything that will melt my face off ok?

But I thought that was the whole point of growing your own peppers? To have then strong enough to peel paint off your kitchen walls; even when you eat them outside!

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I love spicy peppers. I know we have had our beef but we can always have peppers with our beef lol.

@TokyoJoeblow,

As far as I am concerned, our "issues" are in the distant past-despite a little recent relapse.

When it comes to hot peppers, it is truly One Love.

I'll let you know when it's harvest time-maybe late September, and you can either make over to Hayama/Zushi area or I can try to plan a bicycle trek in Shizuoka.

Now, I cannot guarantee that they will not kill you. Ingest at your own risk.

I'm not currently growing anything that fiery. In the past, I've grown Ghost Peppers and Chocolate Habaneros-both serious infernos! The hottest I've grown lately, is the Fatallii. I gave some to a California homeboy living in Yokohama last Spring and he was unable to form coherent words for some time.

When it comes to smokin' hot, I'm there on simultaneous levels.;)