Guest viewing is limited

How much $ for 10 days in tokyo

as people already mentioned try an avoid using taxi's since most of places you'll want to go to will very much likely be accessible by train.

Good advice for keeping costs down but an advantage of train travel is that it is a good way to see street life around the city as you travel from point A to point B that you mostly miss on the trains and totally miss when you are underground of course.

-Ww

Good advice for keeping costs down but an advantage of train travel is that it is a good way to see street life around the city as you travel from point A to point B that you mostly miss on the trains and totally miss when you are underground of course.

-Ww

If watching crowded streets is something you cherish, you can save a lot on budget using buses. Surprisingly the bus schedules on Google maps are mostly accurate at least for major japanese cities the automated announcements are in English too. So it's actually quite easy to use.

If watching crowded streets is something you cherish, you can save a lot on budget using buses. Surprisingly the bus schedules on Google maps are mostly accurate at least for major japanese cities the automated announcements are in English too. So it's actually quite easy to use.

Yeah, but they are often unpleasantly crowded and stop running crazy early on most of the lines.

-Ww

Yeah, but they are often unpleasantly crowded and stop running crazy early on most of the lines.

-Ww

Also the seats are very low so you end up having your knees in your face. Too many cons imo. Taxi during daytime and when evening comes I'll take the subway.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Also the seats are very low so you end up having your knees in your face. Too many cons imo. Taxi during daytime and when evening comes I'll take the subway.

True about the seats.

But I especially like the view of the city from a taxi at night, cuddled in the back seat with a sweetie or two on a cold and rainy night winding your way to/from some rad nightspot is ideal. It can feel like a scene from Blade Runner in some of the older neighborhoods.

-Ww

True about the seats.

But I especially like the view of the city from a taxi at night, cuddled in the back seat with a sweetie or two on a cold and rainy night winding your way to/from some rad nightspot is ideal. It can feel like a scene from Blade Runner in some of the older neighborhoods.

-Ww
Yessss.. that has a good vibe...
cabbing through busy downtown cores..leaving leather trimmed lounges heading to hotels. Waking up smelling like gin and 19 yr olds.
Like a young Don Draper ^.^

Yessss.. that has a good vibe...
cabbing through busy downtown cores..leaving leather trimmed lounges heading to hotels. Waking up smelling like gin and 19 yr olds.
Like a young Don Draper ^.^

Damn that's accurate. lol...

Why would any sane person come in August??? :eek:Of all month that's absolutely the hottest time and leaving the perimeter of your air condition will be a near impossibility. :D

Good news for your budget thought, you probably won't have much energy to eat and drink, let alone anything that could make you sweat even more :p

Why would any sane person come in August??? :eek:Of all month that's absolutely the hottest time and leaving the perimeter of your air condition will be a near impossibility. :D

Good news for your budget thought, you probably won't have much energy to eat and drink, let alone anything that could make you sweat even more :p
I agree, August in Japan is fuckin terrible, especially western Japan, though it does suit my work situation well to have vacation in August.
The answer to the question in the topic is "As much as possible" btw. :p

Reactions: Wwanderer and MikeH

Just the way my schedule worked out. Aug was the only option.
I knowwww its gona be hot as balls :(

Im okay with the heat in general. I just did 35 degrees in puerto vallarta no problem.
Im worried about the humidity tho! Lol
What do people wear in japan in august wen going out at night?

I just did 35 degrees in puerto vallarta no problem.

Tokyo in August can hit 40 degrees with 90+ humidity. It sometimes doesn't get below 30 degrees even at night...

Sipping cocktails with your toes in the sand, enjoying the breeze off the ocean at 35 degrees in PV is no preparation for trudging the pavements in August in Tokyo.

There's a very good reason why I vacate Tokyo from late June through most of August. (y)

Reactions: Sudsy
There's a very good reason why I vacate Tokyo from late June through most of August. (y)

Yep, I spend as much time as possible up on a lake near Mt. Fuji pretty soon...

Reactions: chaztagster
I think that's a fair amount...I am bringing 330,000 for 13 days (plus 170,000 for hotels)...and I have done the budget in a pretty detail oriented way (figured out the shinkansen costs, temple entrance fees, female entertainment etc...etc... so there is no way I am off by a significant margin unless I either splurge on a crazy souvenir like a $$$$ handmade kitchen knife from Aritsugu or indulge more than planned)