Guest viewing is limited

How to get fired from your job

RIDER 00

TAG Member
Reaction score
Yes, even in Japan, one of the most polite societies in the world, people lose their temper in public. Personally, I think it was more common in the 90s for people to yell at complete strangers on the train and such, but this 7-Eleven clerk definitely got the boot after this footage was taken of him.

It's in Japanese, but what happened was the customers scolded him for not treating her with good manners. He then loses his temper at yells back at her by saying that she only gave a "Mm-hmm" when he asked if she wanted her lunch warmed up. His reasoning being that is she gonna be rude to him, he has the right to be rude to her.

He then abandons his post and goes off to the back to pout or something.

Reactions: Majora
This is someone 'losing their temper'??? :D
now i understand why Logan Paul never got his ass handed to him.

Nope he didn't start going all berserk, but just that outburst should be enough to get the can in a Japanese company, especially for a position where you have to service customers.

In Japan, even when a guy is yelling and saying threats like a yakuza, it's not common to see fists flying. Sometimes Japanese people are way too reserved.

I mean i understand where the shop clerk is coming from, but kinda feels like he overrated. The girls look pretty young, so i would expect them to be super casual.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I was at a Lawson at 11pm one time and this young chubby girl was being really rude to the baasan behind the counter like chucking money on to the table very hard and saying kuso baba. No idea what caused the argument but the baasan mentioned is not the first time this customer has been rude to the staff and that she should treat people with respect. But the chubby girl just kept yelling bs. I think I wouldve started yelling some gangster Japanese if it esclated any further. Maybe a teme, jama nandayo omaeee. Missed my chance...

His reasoning being that is she gonna be rude to him, he has the right to be rude to her.
This is very normal outside Japan, lol.
When i went back to my homecountry for vacation, i saw a woman behind the counter of a fast food restaurant throw napkins at a customer. I didn't hear the whole conversation but my guess is that he asked for napkins in a rude manner.
I don't completely disagree with it, customers don't have the right to treat shop staff badly.

Also i heard its quite hard for conbini to find staff, so he may be fine, even if he lost his job he should get another without too much trouble... until he fucks that one up of course, lol.

The staff in my local conbini didn't know what 粗大ごみ券 are, so if that guy can his way to work each day he'll be OK.
Are you saying that his management should fill out a 粗大ごみ券, pin it to his shirt, and have him stand on the curb? Like he probably doesn't know what it's for?

Reactions: MikeH and Sudsy
The staff in my local conbini didn't know what 粗大ごみ券 are, so if that guy can his way to work each day he'll be OK.

Of course they didn't because the proper name is 粗大ごみ処理券. They had probably just graduated from one of the imperial universities so they haven't yet get accustomed to the speaking habits of the unwashed and other proletarian.

On the other hand they might have been technical work trainees from Nepal learning valuable professional skills in some sweat shop, I mean professional and internationally recognised Japanese conglomerate. Therefore they were just doing 18 hour shifts in the konbini to supplement their, very generous, income from the training job.

Lol this is hilarious..but seriously if you’re going to work in customer service, you can’t be doing stuff like this. He overreacted and he himself was in the wrong. The woman even said what did I do wrong? You could just tell me instead of being rude...I’m not letting the lady off the hook though. She’s older and should know better

Last edited:
Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I'm seeing more and more foreign staff at konbini's, their demeanor can be super different. I remember recently on the way back from gym I stopped at a 7-11 I hadn't been to before to get a beer. I assumed the cute girl behind the counter was Japanese at first but her name tag was katakana and kind of Chinese sounding.

She spoke to me in broken English at first and when I replied in Japanese she said in a really loud voice.

"Oh your Japanese so good! Kakkoii!" and then winked at me. I was so dumbfounded I couldn't really respond how I wanted to. Judging from the tired looks on the faces of the two Japanese clerks with her, she does that often though lol.

There's also a really hot Filipino girl at the dry cleaners I use, it's kind of funny in that if you manage to walk in and catch her off guard, you can see her literally turn on "flirt mode" when she realizes it's a male customer.

I hate it when I encounter combini staff who can't speak Japanese.
Some are even incapable of saying the most basic stuff.
Let's just deport them please.
And don't tell me the Japanese don't want to do that kind of job anymore because it's not true.
The combinis simply want to do social dumping wich will, in the end, make Japan become another shithole country just like France and the US just to name a few.

I'm seeing more and more foreign staff at konbini's, their demeanor can be super different. I remember recently on the way back from gym I stopped at a 7-11 I hadn't been to before to get a beer.....

There's also a really hot Filipino girl at the dry cleaners I use, it's kind of funny in that if you manage to walk in and catch her off guard, you can see her literally turn on "flirt mode" when she realizes it's a male customer.

The fuck? She spoke Japanese fine, she just felt like teasing/flirting with me. I heard her speak it fluently to the Japanese dude ahead in line.

I've never come across a foreign staff who couldn't do their job. Immigrants don't make a country a shithole, either. Just, fyi.

A conbini job is about the only job you can get nowadays after graduating from a top university, not even kidding.

Sorry, but this statement appears to be more based on your prejudices against people attending universities than fact. You have previously rubbished the concept of higher education as a 'waste of money'.

Actually, anyone who studies something other than basket weaving - even at a below average university can get a reasonable job.

If you read the financial pages, you will see the main problem this hiring season is that smaller companies can't find enough graduates. Picky graduates prefer to work for big companies instead.

Most industries and companies are hiring more graduates. Anyway, I'm looking forward to your tale of a countryside yokel who studied basket weaving at a Micky Mouse university. I guess he failed in his quest to land at a job as a trader at Morgan Stanley and now works at Mini Mart instead.

Employment for university graduates hits record-high 97.6% amid labor shortage

• Shrinking pool of graduates favor large companies over small

In Japan it's not that easy to get fired since employees protection laws are quite tough.
I believe you have to do some crazy shit to succeed in being fired.

You would be correct. It can take a couple of years to fire someone without risk of repercussion - and that's assuming they're a total screwup. If they're even remotely competent at their job, you're really better off buying them out.

I'm with majimekun on this one. Convenience store jobs are difficult and the of number of useless staff appearing in my locals is disturbing. How can anyone living in Japan not know what sodai gomi is? I tried shipping some very expensive equipment from a 7-11 and none of the foreign staff could do the paperwork as they couldn't read - I had to show them. Eventually the one supervising Japanese woman came over to do it, I'm sure she doesn't get paid extra to supervise the interns. I've stopped getting deliveries at the Indian conbini and now get them at the Korean one, at least they can read.

I'm seeing more and more foreign staff at konbini's, their demeanor can be super different. I remember recently on the way back from gym I stopped at a 7-11 I hadn't been to before to get a beer. I assumed the cute girl behind the counter was Japanese at first but her name tag was katakana and kind of Chinese sounding.

She spoke to me in broken English at first and when I replied in Japanese she said in a really loud voice.

"Oh your Japanese so good! Kakkoii!" and then winked at me. I was so dumbfounded I couldn't really respond how I wanted to. Judging from the tired looks on the faces of the two Japanese clerks with her, she does that often though lol.

That's the opposite of a problem ;)