Guest viewing is limited

How to get fired from your job

AHAHA !!!

The chinese combini workers I encounter don't speak basic Japanese, and they freak out when you talk Japanese to them.

Last year I had to teach several things to a Chinese coworker who now doesn't remember a thing.
Is that supposed to be remotely "smarter than me"?

I bet NOT.

All the chinese konbini workers i have encountered speak good japanese and can handle any forms needed.

All my chinese coworkers are smart and hardworking and have never resorted to using all-caps for emphasis which is usually a sign of a bad education or low intelligence / communication skill.

Was 22 working at an electronics retail store. Lady comes in and asks where something from her vague description and gave her the directions to the department as we were busy and needed to take of other customers who were there. She flips starts yelling at me saying that is not how you treat customers and that I needed to show her and walks over to that department.

This bitch went to that department, complained to the departments manager about me and then asked for me by name, they then brought her back to my department, it was at this point I helped her.

The entire time all she did was bitch moan and complain about how I didn't help her. I asked her questions about what she was looking for and she said a battery and I had no fucking clue what type of battery she was looking for. I kept inquiring asking open ended questions to which she was rude and kept on saying, "I already TOLD you what I was looking for." Mind you, when you ask someone for what type of battery they are looking for in a ELECTRONICS store, you need to be specific, not it goes in a thing that does this thing. She also decided to say that she could buy everything in the store and if I went to college and said she went to some fucking Ivy League school.

I held back my frustrations and my anger and she continued on until she finally said a insult that sent me over the edge at which point I lost it and told her, "Fuck you, you're and ugly bitch both on the inside and outside. You are stupid beyond fucking belief, you can not answer simple fucking questions you entitled ass bitch. So take your flat ass, obese looking, double chinned looking, husband is fucking his secretary and that is the reason why he isn't fucking you ass, the fuck out of my store!! And if you want my fucking store manager is right there and she heard the entire fucking conversation!!!" Gave her the double bird and stormed off.

Surprisingly was not fired for that, since the bitch used some colorful language and stereotypes about me that pissed her off. It was close as I had to fill out a counseling chit and was put on some restrictions, attend a customer satisfaction training and diffusion training, as well as have a sales associate with me for an entire month. What was hilarious was that I saw her again 4 months later, she recognized me and didn't say a word.

I would have sold that bitch a battery and thrown in the assault for no extra charge! But I'm a violent pig.

Was 22 working at an electronics retail store. Lady comes in and asks where something from her vague description and gave her the directions to the department as we were busy and needed to take of other customers who were there. She flips starts yelling at me saying that is not how you treat customers and that I needed to show her and walks over to that department.

This bitch went to that department, complained to the departments manager about me and then asked for me by name, they then brought her back to my department, it was at this point I helped her.

The entire time all she did was bitch moan and complain about how I didn't help her. I asked her questions about what she was looking for and she said a battery and I had no fucking clue what type of battery she was looking for. I kept inquiring asking open ended questions to which she was rude and kept on saying, "I already TOLD you what I was looking for." Mind you, when you ask someone for what type of battery they are looking for in a ELECTRONICS store, you need to be specific, not it goes in a thing that does this thing. She also decided to say that she could buy everything in the store and if I went to college and said she went to some fucking Ivy League school.

I held back my frustrations and my anger and she continued on until she finally said a insult that sent me over the edge at which point I lost it and told her, "Fuck you, you're and ugly bitch both on the inside and outside. You are stupid beyond fucking belief, you can not answer simple fucking questions you entitled ass bitch. So take your flat ass, obese looking, double chinned looking, husband is fucking his secretary and that is the reason why he isn't fucking you ass, the fuck out of my store!! And if you want my fucking store manager is right there and she heard the entire fucking conversation!!!" Gave her the double bird and stormed off.

Surprisingly was not fired for that, since the bitch used some colorful language and stereotypes about me that pissed her off. It was close as I had to fill out a counseling chit and was put on some restrictions, attend a customer satisfaction training and diffusion training, as well as have a sales associate with me for an entire month. What was hilarious was that I saw her again 4 months later, she recognized me and didn't say a word.

I also worked at a retail electronics store in the past and tottally feel you brother! lol. The type of dumb ass questions people would ask never ceased to amaze me.

"Is this on sale?" *ignores massive sign that says everything half off.

"How do i turn this computer on?"

"what kind of DVD do i need to burn DVD's?" Me:"DVD-R's or DVD-RW's..."
"so i can't use the CD-R I got from my friend?"

People think clerks is a movie, its sad how close it is to real live lol

"I won the lotto! Please give me the Jackpot."

"... you know that is literally millions and you expect this tiny store to just give it to you?"

"You're not going to give me my money!?"

I was curious so I asked for his ticket, and he handed it over smugly.

"This ticket is from last week. The numbers all match, but it isn't valid for this weeks game."

We had to physically throw him out, which was easy because he was on crutches. We just towed him out while he hopped after us shrieking how we were thieves.

Yes, even in Japan, one of the most polite societies in the world, people lose their temper in public. Personally, I think it was more common in the 90s for people to yell at complete strangers on the train and such, but this 7-Eleven clerk definitely got the boot after this footage was taken of him.

It's in Japanese, but what happened was the customers scolded him for not treating her with good manners. He then loses his temper at yells back at her by saying that she only gave a "Mm-hmm" when he asked if she wanted her lunch warmed up. His reasoning being that is she gonna be rude to him, he has the right to be rude to her.

He then abandons his post and goes off to the back to pout or something.

When one is not in 100% physical prime condition, it's easy to get emotional, this ten-in-san wearing a mask, meaning he probably had kaze or something, should've skipped baito that day . . . we are just happened to be an animal who has evolutionary advanced intellegence, but we are always animal first at core, can't function properly if physically weak....

Lol, he just got something really bad happened to him that day and exploded.

うん is not rude at all, is it obvious the most correct answer is はいお願いします but my sensei said to it’s way more natural to say un rather than hai

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Your sensei is a bad teacher, because うん is not OK when dealing with customers. Or for that matter with people you don't know at all.

It's like saying "Yepperoonies!" instead of just a simple, "yes" when someone asks you a question. If it's not someone you know, you come off as flippant or childish.

Your sensei is a bad teacher, because うん is not OK when dealing with customers. Or for that matter with people you don't know at all.

It's like saying "Yepperoonies!" instead of just a simple, "yes" when someone asks you a question. If it's not someone you know, you come off as flippant or childish.
Yes. People often refer to this sort of language as rude but it's not, it's being familiar with someone you are not supposed to be familiar with. The opposite of this is my girlfriend telling me off for saying "hai" to her as it's cold and distant to her, I'm supposed to say "un" to her.

Yes. People often refer to this sort of language as rude but it's not, it's being familiar with someone you are not supposed to be familiar with. The opposite of this is my girlfriend telling me off for saying "hai" to her as it's cold and distant to her, I'm supposed to say "un" to her.
And that is rude in Japan.

For example you can use "omae" for "you" in casual conversations with your friends but if you say that to someone you just met it's the same as swearing to him.

And that is rude in Japan.

For example you can use "omae" for "you" in casual conversations with your friends but if you say that to someone you just met it's the same as swearing to him.
No, because you can swear in Japanese as well. Rather than trying to find the nuances here, you're trying to make them the same thing, they aren't.

Oh what i mean is in that video the one who said "un" is the customer right? that way i think it's still okay, but sometimes that un can be really vague lol

It's rude even as a customer.

And yes it is rude. Using words or grammar that indicate a lack of respect or maturity and cause offense either intentionally through arrogance or unintentionally through ignorance is the textbook definition of 'rude.' We have the mufuckin' semantics police in here.

It's rude even as a customer.

And yes it is rude. Using words or grammar that indicate a lack of respect or maturity and cause offense either intentionally through arrogance or unintentionally through ignorance is the textbook definition of 'rude.' We have the mufuckin' semantics police in here.

All good points, but at the end of the day, in customer service positions, the customer always gets the upper hand. "The customer is always right." "The customer is god.", etc.

It sucks, but people who are waiters/register clerks/phone operators have to suck up the abuse and still provide the best service possible. If they can't do that, they shouldn't be in that job in the first place.

There are a lot of store clerks in the U.S. who act like that. Once had an airline attendant at the gate talk all about Marvel in her announcements and talk about how we live in a multiverse and such.
That’s cool, hahaha

Reactions: rob040188