Guest viewing is limited

How to make friends?

The answer to that seems to be generational. People my age tend to have no problems going to an event or public place by themselves and striking up conversations. Younger folk these days seem to live in deathly fear of either.

What's depressing is how easy it is to make ugly friends.
Which is why I don't need friends.
If a friend isn't remotely fuckable then she can't become a friend in the first place.
Male friends? They will forget everything about you once they find a wet pussy.
No need to bother.

I'd type these in myself.

Also: Just because you're a foreigner doesn't mean the locals will warm up to you; it's actually quite the opposite. Don't be offended when someone doesn't have time, it's kind of rare to find someone to get along with who's not busy with something like work and personal life.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Meeting girls and getting laid in Japan is statistically very similar to US soldier survival in the Vietnam War. If you survive the first 5 minutes, you are likely to make it through the whole war. It’s true. Really. Look it up on Wiki if you don’t believe me.

make a gf and hangout with her friends.
1. tindr /dating apps
2. langauge exchange apps/websites
3. meetup: pub crawls / karaoke / boardgame meetups

Assuming i went hard on those three alone... in about a week id have plans pretty much everynight. either social gatherings or dates.

assuming your not weird looking or socially awkward, you'd have luck too

make a gf and hangout with her friends.

Circles of friends are extremely, some would say critically important for dating in japan. Make a few female friends you don't plan on dating seriously and go to activities with them. Other girls there will often bring friends. Approach these girls on the periphery and your social calendar will be overflowing before you know it. Don't sleep with the girls at the center of this strategy or it will be unsustainable long-term though.

I was in a photography club for a number of years. Would have been a treasure trove if I hadn't been taken at the time.

Remembered that the answer to "how do I make friends?" used to be "a shovel and fresh graves" but that doesnt work in Japan where everyone is cremated.

Reactions: Sudsy
"how do I make friends?" used to be "a shovel and fresh graves"

And coincidentally, I happen to be watching this while staying out of the heat.....

Reactions: TheScientist
The best way to make friends is to save random people from drowning.
Or paying a round of drinks in a bar.
Better, doing both with the same people

Maybe it's a little different cause I was just visiting, but I bring omiyage and gave them away to bar owner, hostel employees etc. From there, they said thank you and ask where I'm from and started a conversation. It was my first trip to Japan. Since then, I have visited 4 times and always meet them for lunch/dinner at their houses, they take me around Japan to places I want to see, take me shopping when I'm looking for something in particular. We now Facebook message each other on a weekly basis. I'll be back in December for Christmas.