Guest viewing is limited

HUB Tokyo?

Did the HUB relax its COVID restrictions?
The last times I've been to HUB, you would be assigned to a table and get kicked out if trying to do any nanpa. All the social tables had these plastic sheets so you could not talk to people next to you.

im talking about precovid

Good. Much better than Hub imho. Though I don’t go to the one in Kabukicho.

Reactions: Cinnabums
Did the HUB relax its COVID restrictions?
The last times I've been to HUB, you would be assigned to a table and get kicked out if trying to do any nanpa. All the social tables had these plastic sheets so you could not talk to people next to you.

I'm pretty unlucky with the Hub in most places haha. Never seem to get in that place when there's a healthy ratio.
It's not a bar where you can just walk around and mingle. Best bet is to catch a girl's eye and get in the drink line behind her and strike up a conversation and buy her a drink (that is if you're looking to meet someone).

And yeah, that's happened to me before too, what you're saying above...(nanpa thing). I haven't been for a few months cause it was just a put off. I might try to go again to see if nething has changed..

There aren’t that many in the 23 wards? Personally I wouldn’t go to the ones in either Ueno or Shinbashi, but that’s just me.

Reactions: Cinnabums
Appreciate the response. I am looking for a day game place (nothing aggressive) since I enjoy good conversation and would like to check it out.

Reactions: CharlieSimms
Bars are rough for me cause I don’t drink.

Going to sit at a table with folks chugging down Asahis while I try to look menacingly sexy with a lime soda.

Wondering if I go into a HUB Chuck Norris Sidekicks style I could have a good time…?

So is the hub back to normal now? I'm trying to persuade one of my girlfriends to accompany me to a hub on Wednesday in the hope that she'll get picked up by a tall gaijin.

Too early?

Do daygame on street or use dating apps.
I've been using dating apps and it's pretty difficult with all the Sakuras. Even if I do end meeting someone, it's mostly just for them to practice English.
Haven't tried daygaming, but my anxiety probably wouldn't help

I kid you not, it actually is a good pickup spot.

Or you just got extremely lucky.

I have gotten laid straight out of a taxi line. While I was not even in that line.

But I count that as the universe sending me some love, and would not recommend hanging out in taxi lines as a good pickup strategy.

Or you just got extremely lucky.

I have gotten laid straight out of a taxi line. While I was not even in that line.

But I count that as the universe sending me some love, and would not recommend hanging out in taxi lines as a good pickup strategy.
With my frightening looks in this country, I would even say getting p4p is lucky.
And I am the luckiest man alive at that.

Reactions: MikeH
With my frightening looks in this country, I would even say getting p4p is lucky.

What are you talking you sweet cuddly caramel coloured boy?

And with your schedule I am pretty convinced you will soon be the luckiest man dead from over exhaustion. :p:cool:

Do daygame on street or use dating apps.
Eh, not only is my Japanese not even close to "daygame"-levels, I am also not confident enough in approaching random girls so there's that. Dating apps I've tried but I ain't hot enough to get much going there...

Also, some of the stuff y'all say about your looks can't be right if you get laid chatting up people at art museums, taxi lines and whatever other place you studs hang out!

Frightening?

You've got one of the best things possible going for you in this country... you look completely harmless.

If you were an animal, you'd be a chubby bunny rabbit.

And of course, the ladies are misled by the cute and harmless part and forget what else it is rabbits do.....

bunnygif[1].gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Tabanico
Looks like we will be going to a Hobgoblin...
I was in the Shibuya one last month... there were three of us, and we were the only customers until like 19:00 on a Saturday.