I’m new pls give me some tips

Thread drift:
The tattoo rules, like most things in Japan, made sense a long time ago and now are just followed because that is how it's always been done.
Accidentally having business dealings with yakuza and suffering the consequences used to be a much bigger problem.
One simple and novel way to keep them out is to ban tattoos because back in the day only Yakuza had tattoos.
Laws have changed, habits have not.
FYI it is illegal to have business dealings with Yakuza. It is also illegal to be ignorant of your client/business associate being Yakuza. And finally it is illegal to lie about not being Yakuza.
So basically you ask (when they sign up for your gym etc) to declare that they are not Yakuza. Lying is breaking the law and surprisingly enough no gangster wants to get done for lying.
Then only non Yakuza sign up. No need to ban tattoos anymore. But: tradition.

There only non Yakuza sign up. No need to ban tattoos anymore. But: tradition.

You don't have to sign up for public gyms. Still they ban tattoos. But it is like @Sudsy explained, same thing when some parking towers banned foreign cars. Not because they were racist, but because yakuza guys, who mostly drove expensive foreign cars, would claim their car got scratched in the lift and demand compensation.

Absolutely absurd

You say tomato, I say get used to it.

Thread drift:
The tattoo rules, like most things in Japan, made sense a long time ago and now are just followed because that is how it's always been done.
Accidentally having business dealings with yakuza and suffering the consequences used to be a much bigger problem.
One simple and novel way to keep them out is to ban tattoos because back in the day only Yakuza had tattoos.
Laws have changed, habits have not.
FYI it is illegal to have business dealings with Yakuza. It is also illegal to be ignorant of your client/business associate being Yakuza. And finally it is illegal to lie about not being Yakuza.
So basically you ask (when they sign up for your gym etc) to declare that they are not Yakuza. Lying is breaking the law and surprisingly enough no gangster wants to get done for lying.
Then only non Yakuza sign up. No need to ban tattoos anymore. But: tradition.
It's not really fun being a gangster anymore these days, lol.

One of the reasons violence is on the rise.

Now after that kind of claim you need to give some references too. The last time I checked (in 2017) the stats said crime rates have been going down for 13 years in a row.

I tried the public gym but they kicked me out cause they do have a “pool” and I guess one of the older women complained about the tattoo on my back so they told me I wasn’t allowed to come back LOL

If it's a public pool and you're a resident in the municipality, they CAN'T kick you out.

You pay taxes that support the facility.

The most they can do is insist you wear a rash guard in the pool.

Now after that kind of claim you need to give some references too. The last time I checked (in 2017) the stats said crime rates have been going down for 13 years in a row.
Yakuza specific violence, particularly a large turf battle between some old guard and a splinter, more violent newer faction. So yes I too recall overall crime is down, not unrelated to the crackdowns on gangster activities. Leaving them all with a smaller pie to fight over.

Reactions: Kiwimelon
If it's a public pool and you're a resident in the municipality, they CAN'T kick you out.

You pay taxes that support the facility.

The most they can do is insist you wear a rash guard in the pool.

Bingo. Legally they cannot kick you out - since is a public facility that would be discrimination.
They can require you to cover up, though.

That said, some places are more chill and some less and with all things in life you need to pick your battles.
If the other places don't work out and you're still hard up for a gym it might be a good idea to try and meet with the manager there and see if there's a way to make things work (i.e. rashguard in the pool, longsleeve T or Underarmor in the workout room, etc).

Took a quick look on the Gold's site but it seems like the nearest ones are in the Kansai region, so not really an option (unless I missed something).

For setting up lessons, there are sites out there like this -

https://www.getstudents.net/

But to be honest it was over 10 years ago when I was doing lessons and it was in completely different regions of the country to you so I really can't provide any relevant references.

I do remember that way, way back in the stone age (15 years ago?) when I was living in a smaller town there was an international center there that had a bulletin board (literally a bulletin board - pieces of paper stuck to a corkboard) for people looking for teachers or teachers looking for students. I have a feeling almost all the opportunities in a big city would be through online services but you'd be surprised how slow things can be to change in the more regional areas of Japan.

This is the site for the international center in Okayama -
http://www.opief.or.jp/
Might want to swing by there if you have a free afternoon and see if they have anything like that!

Reactions: Kiwimelon