I bought some SAVAS Weight Up from Don Quixote?

I find I have no trouble with weight gain if I stick to the American staples of burgers, pizza, burritos and potato chips. A good rotation of each helps keep the bulk on. And no fancy supplements needed. Of course makes you feel like a train wreck but any hardcore diet may have a side effect or 2.

I plan to cycle through with a clean and dirty bulk. I will be eating health foods a majority of the time...but who can live without pizza, cheeseburgers and steaks? Not me! lol

I have been noticing that on all the bags of nuts sold in Japan, there is a warning to eat them quickly after the bag has been opened? Why is this? The bags have a zip-lock seal...so what is wrong with eating some and sealing it to finish them next day?

I have been noticing that on all the bags of nuts sold in Japan, there is a warning to eat them quickly after the bag has been opened? Why is this? The bags have a zip-lock seal...so what is wrong with eating some and sealing it to finish them next day?

The neighbours won't like it when all the horny housewives all around the city who get a sniff of your tasty nuts go creeping around in search of you especially when they start howling in the middle of the night in frustration when they realise they will not be allowed to lick your underwear.

Nuts are pretty oily and that comes from unsaturated fats. Heat, light and oxygen can turn that fat rancid so they start to taste bitter and even cause stomach ache. Put them in airtight container and store in fridge if you want long time storage. Though they should be totally fine in room temperatures even in summer for a few weeks.

I have been reading studies on how people think there might be a connection between sudden diagnosis of type 2 diabetes and the use of maltodextrin because the body just treats it as sugar when it is absorbed.

That's because maltodextrin IS a sugar. A polysaccharide, to be precise. A sugar chimera.

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow
That's because maltodextrin IS a sugar. A polysaccharide, to be precise. A sugar chimera.

Yes, that is also what I mean. There are a lot of people in bodybuilding forums constantly arguing back and forth about the topic of maltodextrin lol.

The neighbours won't like it when all the horny housewives all around the city who get a sniff of your tasty nuts go creeping around in search of you especially when they start howling in the middle of the night in frustration when they realise they will not be allowed to lick your underwear.

Nuts are pretty oily and that comes from unsaturated fats. Heat, light and oxygen can turn that fat rancid so they start to taste bitter and even cause stomach ache. Put them in airtight container and store in fridge if you want long time storage. Though they should be totally fine in room temperatures even in summer for a few weeks.

So if I whistle, sing and play guitar at night a snake will come bite my nuts.

If I just leave my nuts out unguarded...the horny Japanese housewives will come bite my nuts???

b07da7e6ed285f086dfc3dd38081a9b47f6184718daa6ff11def3c0ce3be3951.jpg

So if I whistle, sing and play guitar at night a snake will come bite my nuts.

If I just leave my nuts out unguarded...the horny Japanese housewives will come bite my nuts???

b07da7e6ed285f086dfc3dd38081a9b47f6184718daa6ff11def3c0ce3be3951.jpg
TokyoJoeblow,

Ya gotta stop smokin' that stuff. It really messes with your ability to tell the difference between fantasy and reality.

temple s.gif

IHave you used mass gainers, whey protein and just made your own shakes before? I'm new to this, so I'm trying everything just once. I'm interested in Humapro and the L-glutamine Hotlinebling mentioned, but I'm not sure which L-glutamine product he recommends since there are a lot of them...maybe it doesn't matter?

I have, for over 5 years now. (With breaks in between) I mix Gold Standard Whey (imported from bodybuildung.com) with dextrose (imported from Europe) for my post-workout.
The Gold Standard already contains Glutamine, otherwise I would go with a high-rated one from one of the usual websites already mentioned here.

Just look for a good balance of ratings, price and purity.

Regarding the possible diabetes issues: indeed, people who already have diabetes should refrain from using Maltrodextrin, but in general, I wouldn't worry about. Just try it and see if your body absorbs it well. If it doesn't, you can use bananas, raisins, etc., just as well.

But I know a guy who knows a guy that whistled at night...

giphy.gif

@TokyoJoeblow,

No, no, no...

You're doing it all wrong.

You need to exhale...

otherwise, your face turns all blue***

***For some strange reason, Japanese see green and blue as the same color.

And the answer, after extensive research:

The Japanese word ao (青, n., aoi (青い, adj.)), the same kanji character as the Chinese qīng, can refer to either blue or green depending on the situation. Modern Japanese has a word for green (緑 midori), but it is a relatively recent usage.

Reactions: MikeH
Modern Japanese has a word for green (緑 midori), but it is a relatively recent usage.

Actually I think that is a bit incorrect. Rather they see them as different shades of the same colour.

And surprisingly many languages don't have word for green. Might be do to the fact that if you are living in the jungle you don't really need that word at all. I mean you would go "give me that green thing" and everyone would go "what thing you asshole, they all green!"

Some Japanese call green lights "blue" just because a two-syllable word, Ao, is easier to say than a three-syllable word, Midori. Older generations Japanese still call a long-distance train service "kisha" (steam car) just as it's much easier to say than "densha". Actually, there are too many blues and too many greens in Japanese vocabulary.

http://irocore.com/category/blue/
http://irocore.com/category/green/

Some Japanese call green lights "blue" just because a two-syllable word,

Also that traffic light green in Japan is way more shade of blue than it is in Europe. Stare at it long enough and... someone from behind will honk you to move the fuck on.

But to understand the colour you need to become the colour. It all starts with blue balls.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Actually I think that is a bit incorrect. Rather they see them as different shades of the same colour.

And surprisingly many languages don't have word for green. Might be do to the fact that if you are living in the jungle you don't really need that word at all. I mean you would go "give me that green thing" and everyone would go "what thing you asshole, they all green!"

This is why most natives living in the Amazon jungle said red is their favorite color. There is green and blue (the sky) everywhere. When they see red it is just so rare and it is special for this reason.

I talked with one of the staff live on bodybuilding.com and they mentioned to stay away from energy drinks like Red Bull and Monster due to the chemicals.

He mentioned since there are no chemicals in coffee...coffee is alright to drink while taking weight gainer.

What about canned coffees? I know that if I bought a fresh coffee from a cafe, the coffee would most likely be chemical-free...but what about the canned coffees you get from the vending machines here in Japan?

I have looked on the back of the cans and they seem chemical-free, but who knows.

Just thought maybe you coffee drinkers on here might know lol.

stay away from energy drinks like Red Bull and Monster due to the chemicals.

He mentioned since there are no chemicals in coffee

Ummm... everything is chemicals. Literally everything.

Your blood? Chemicals.

Saliva? Chemicals.

Coffee is actually especially complex.

Any time someone gives you advice that contains something along the lines of "avoiding chemicals" they're telling you flat out that they're morons who have no idea what they're talking about.

Ummm... everything is chemicals. Literally everything.

Your blood? Chemicals.

Saliva? Chemicals.

Coffee is actually especially complex.

Any time someone gives you advice that contains something along the lines of "avoiding chemicals" they're telling you flat out that they're morons who have no idea what they're talking about.

Yes, because while he was trying to explain how the chemicals in the weight gainer might not mix well with the chemicals in energy drinks...I was doubting the true danger of it. I just think he wants to avoid a possible lawsuit and he is one of the product's staff lol.

The product isn't dangerous, but I just think he believes it might be a dangerous mix due to not knowing enough about the product his own company sells.

As for coffee...I'm sure I would be fine.

I was doubting the true danger of it. I just think he wants to avoid a possible lawsuit and he is one of the product's staff lol.

As @Sudsy pointed out H2O is chemical too, better avoid it altogether!

And as for lawsuits go I am pretty sure a Japanese guy would not be worried about that. Most probably he just wanted to appear smart. So very unsimilar to us anonymous people in the internet who are born smart!

But the energy drinks are just pure shit to begin with so his advice of avoiding them is good.

As @Sudsy pointed out H2O is chemical too, better avoid it altogether!

And as for lawsuits go I am pretty sure a Japanese guy would not be worried about that. Most probably he just wanted to appear smart. So very unsimilar to us anonymous people in the internet who are born smart!

But the energy drinks are just pure shit to begin with so his advice of avoiding them is good.

Oh well this dude is from the US. I'm using this other product now...but yeah he probably just wanted to sound like one of "the experts".

Does anyone put a couple of shots of Japanese olive oil in their protein shakes? Are there any brands that you would recommend for this? I want to avoid a brand that has too strong of a taste.

I don't but I know people that do. Extra virgin olive oil (or whatever the Japanese equivalent is called) is what you want. Any quality brand will suffice. Potential problem: EVOO has more of that olive flavor than the more refined (chemically and heat treated) olive oils. But in small amounts, not really noticeable at all. Just don't be putting too much oil in.

I don't but I know people that do. Extra virgin olive oil (or whatever the Japanese equivalent is called) is what you want. Any quality brand will suffice. Potential problem: EVOO has more of that olive flavor than the more refined (chemically and heat treated) olive oils. But in small amounts, not really noticeable at all. Just don't be putting too much oil in.

Yes, I read about this type of oil being used. Some guys are mentioning two "shots" but I will just put in a couple tablespoons maybe.

you can use 1-2 shot glass full or 2-3 tablespoons.

i've taken evoo before ... straight off the tablespoon ... mixing it w/ my shake seemed weird. shaker smells funky all the time :hungover:

bought evoo at the local natural foods shop. I just picked up the most legit looking ... found a bottle w/ Italian words and bought that .. I immediately regretted that decision at the register :-(

I have been trying to count my daily calories each day, but I noticed the packages of some foods in Japan don't list the total calories, just the total grams?

For example I know the standard size of tofu in the US (maybe Japan too) is about 3.5oz, which is the rectangle block. I often buy the smaller, square-shaped silken tofu packages, but no matter what brand I buy, it never lists off the total calories...only how many grams?

Would the total in grams just be the same thing as the total calories?

I apologize because I'm new to all this. I'm learning more and more everyday. It would be nice to be able to know how many calories/protein I'm consuming a day in the form of tofu.