Guest viewing is limited

I Discovered Another Form Of Micro Aggression?

So yesterday at starbucks shibuya, I think I may have experienced a little more than 'micro' aggression - by Japanese standards anyway.

I was sitting and watching the street, while drinking tea... I saw this very tall tattooed Japanese guy going up to people and asking them for money. He was not successful, but he looked like a polite begger and gave a bow even after being denied money.

Then one of his mates noticed me watching him and pointed me out.
So he came up to the window where I was sitting and banged the glass real hard a few times that I thought it would crack. Then he gave me the middle finger (wtf- didn't even know this was a thing in Japan). Also, he never made eye contact directly while doing this.

After doing that they went out of my sight and into the familymart next door. Five minutes later he comes out and stands in front of the glass with his back towards me like a meter away.
Then the strangest thing: he pulls his pants down so top half of arse crack is showing and rubs it on the glass in my face for a few seconds, before quickly pulling his pants back up and walking off.

I Was actually kinda scared of them coming inside and doing something... The guy was heaps bigger than me.

Maybe I should've minded my own business and not stared at him begging - I just couldn't help but watch in interest.
I don't look like a gaijin.. so maybe they were less tolerant of my 'bad manners' in staring?

Anyway, I don't really know what to make of it. Obviously this was little more aggressive than folded arms or coughing.:D

So yesterday at starbucks shibuya, I think I may have experienced a little more than 'micro' aggression - by Japanese standards anyway.

I was sitting and watching the street, while drinking tea... I saw this very tall tattooed Japanese guy going up to people and asking them for money. He was not successful, but he looked like a polite begger and gave a bow even after being denied money.

So he came up to the window where I was sitting and banged the glass real hard a few times that I thought it would crack. Then he gave me the middle finger (wtf- didn't even know this was a thing in Japan). Also, he never made eye contact directly while doing this.

After doing that they went out of my sight and into the familymart next door. Five minutes later he comes out and stands in front of the glass with his back towards me like a meter away.
Then the strangest thing: he pulls his pants down so top half of arse crack is showing and rubs it on the glass in my face for a few seconds, before quickly pulling his pants back up and walking off.

I Was actually kinda scared of them coming inside and doing something... The guy was heaps bigger than me.

Maybe I should've minded my own business and not stared at him begging - I just couldn't help but watch in interest.
I don't look like a gaijin.. so maybe they were less tolerant of my 'bad manners' in staring?

Anyway, I don't really know what to make of it. Obviously this was little more aggressive than folded arms or coughing.:D

Wow! Yeah thats clearly more than "micro"!
I would probably laugh hysterically at the arse thing though , so maybe that would have made his temper worse !

Reactions: Lukes and jhingy567

If you made eye contact, that can be seen as a sign of aggression.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Well I don't think I made eye contact with the guy, I was just staring and enjoying the show lol.

I only realised he was begging after he approached a white guy and had to do some sign language to get his point across.

He didn't even know I was watching until his mate pointed it out by telling him.

Yes, I think it's someone off his meds. He did move a little weird and abnormally like extremely quick jerky movements. But he was sane enough to check the coast was clear before mooning me. Don't think real yakuza would stoop to that level begging on the street.

Anyway I found a very fitting emoji that I should have used earlier hah - :mooning:

Well I don't think I made eye contact with the guy, I was just staring and enjoying the show lol.

I only realised he was begging after he approached a white guy and had to do some sign language to get his point across.

He didn't even know I was watching until his mate pointed it out by telling him.

Yes, I think it's someone off his meds. He did move a little weird and abnormally like extremely quick jerky movements. But he was sane enough to check the coast was clear before mooning me. Don't think real yakuza would stoop to that level begging on the street.

Anyway I found a very fitting emoji that I should have used earlier hah - :mooning:

He sounds like a tweaker out of money and in desperation for a fix...so bad he is willing to have anal sex with you to get it lol.

Reactions: impish
Ok, I was binge watching classic Japanese comedy show clips on youtube and I came across this:

I have seen this video years ago (before living in Japan and being aware of the coughing thing).

It isn't a big deal, but just funny because people on here were asking me to post "proof" of this and I don't want to video record myself being coughed at.

You will notice he has this strange fake coughing, spitting fit as soon as he stands close to and makes eye contact with an African woman.

Before you are quick to say that he was only playing a character and that it is all part of the act, just think that he might have assumed most people would think this and used it as an opportunity to do this and get away with it...surely a room full of gaijin wouldn't be able to read the air and catch on and the only the Japanese people watching would, but then they write it off as part of the comedy routine lol.

Regardless, this is exactly how people cough at me and foreign friends of mine when we are in public here in the countryside lol. :ROFLMAO:

a-mole-making-a-mountain-out-of-a-molehill-CR8TEA.jpg

You and your friends should stop dressing up like black women then.

This is funny, but they do this coughing nonsense to white people too...white people not dressed up as black women lol.

This is funny, but they do this coughing nonsense to white people too...white people not dressed up as black women lol.

You just showed us a video that proves without a doubt that they don't.

You just showed us a video that proves without a doubt that they don't.

So just because he doesn't cough at whites in this particular video, it proves without a doubt that they don't?

That is ridiculous. Some older Japanese businessman coughed at me just like in this video early this morning...and no I wasn't wearing blackface at the time lol.

That is ridiculous. Some older Japanese businessman coughed at me just like in this video early this morning...and no I wasn't wearing blackface at the time lol.
Good fucking lord... Do you have so much time on your hands to care about how/why someone coughs? It means absolutely jack shit unless you're so caught up on it.

I guess the rest of us just have other important things to worry about than someone's cough.

Christ... :banghead:

You know what pisses me off? People who insist that they need to stand in front of the train doors when they open despite knowing that they are going to get run over by the crowd of people getting off... and then getting upset about getting trampled.

Some older Japanese businessman coughed at me just like in this video early this morning...

Someone near you coughed... in the middle of cold and flu season. Say it ain't so.....

Reactions: MikeH
Good fucking lord... Do you have so much time on your hands to care about how/why someone coughs? It means absolutely jack shit unless you're so caught up on it.

I guess the rest of us just have other important things to worry about than someone's cough.

Christ... :banghead:

You know what pisses me off? People who insist that they need to stand in front of the train doors when they open despite knowing that they are going to get run over by the crowd of people getting off... and then getting upset about getting trampled.

I never do that and that behavior is annoying to me too.

when it happens, film it. get enough of a compilation to make a nice youtube clip. publicize the video, good chance it will go viral (reddit is good for this).
After going viral, write to the New York Times and they will obviously make a front-page spread about this serious issue. such blatant racism shouldn't occur in this day and age.
At this stage, your embassy should be well-equipped to make an official diplomatic protest. Mr Abe takes these issues very seriously.
The Government of Japan would then educate the population so they realize that coughing at Gaijin is NOT OK. JR would also put up 'coughing at foreigners forbidden' signs.
Then TJB, your name would go down in the history books, as the man who championed the movement to stop such disgusting,despicable coughing against Japan's minority population. MLK of Japan they would call you.