Guest viewing is limited

Ideas for a Day Date in Tokyo

Nikkei Guy

TAG Member
Reaction score
Any good ideas for a day date in Tokyo. Only have time from around 10am to 3pm. Not necessarily trying to impress, but just want to have fun doing something other than a love hotel. Of course, will try to squeeze that in if there is time but want to try something else and I’m out of ideas.

Been married for a while so my idea of what constitutes a good date is probably all screwed up. But I guess there's Ueno park and all the museums in the area. Could even rent a paddle boat for a bit if the weather is good.

Any good ideas for a day date in Tokyo. Only have time from around 10am to 3pm. Not necessarily trying to impress, but just want to have fun doing something other than a love hotel. Of course, will try to squeeze that in if there is time but want to try something else and I’m out of ideas.

My day dates always end up at the love hotel. You could go to an aquarium or a zoo if you just want to walk around. Take her to a cat cafe or theme restaurant. So many options in Japan....

Reactions: impish
My day dates always end up at the love hotel.

Mine start from there. But he specifically said fun outside love hotels which to me reads sex in public but I am too old for that. :p

I say do some exploring & find a unique bar close by where you want to end up.
There’s also a bowling alley in Shinagawa with a cool bar next to it.

Reactions: MikeH
I say do some exploring & find a unique bar close by where you want to end up.
There’s also a bowling alley in Shinagawa with a cool bar next to it.

It has to be pretty special bar to be open from 10 to 15. :p

But bowling could be fun; easy enough for even first timers to try and it gets you moving a bit so perfect warm up for the love hotel. :D

Reactions: sugarcatwhite
How about something like Kimono rental together? There is a bunch of those in Asakusa

Reactions: Frenchy
Any good ideas for a day date in Tokyo.
If it’s in your budget, book a room in a nice hotel with a good restaurant. Check in early, meet your date and take her to lunch at the restaurant, then slide the room key across the table towards the end.

Haven't done much of the "dating" thing in many years, but back in my 20s, my average Friday night with the other half generally began at an izakaya with alcohol, then a darts bar with more alcohol, and ended up with us staggering down the shotengai, taking drunken lewd photos and then sloppily trying to fuck in the purikura booth (and I always left the curtain a little open so the high school kids could see what was going on).

But a mature, daytime date? I don't know. A nice lunch somewhere? A museum? Someone mentioned Ueno Park...do they still have those corny rental boats? If she's kinky enough, maybe you could get her to fuck you on the water while all the other couples and families watched. You'll definitely end up on Youtube.

There's a beautiful exhibition by Shiota Chiharu being shown the mori art museum right now. A lot of my friends have gone and enjoyed it (even the ones not so keen on modern art).

Here's a link with more info: https://www.mori.art.museum/en/exhibitions/shiotachiharu/index.html

I’ve been there recently too. It wasn’t too bad but I’m not sure if it is worth the entrance fee. Some historical parts of the exhibition were interesting (the ones you couldn’t take any videos and pictures). I really liked the black room the most I think.

I’ve been there recently too. It wasn’t too bad but I’m not sure if it is worth the entrance fee. Some historical parts of the exhibition were interesting (the ones you couldn’t take any videos and pictures). I really liked the black room the most I think.

Agreed. I went there ... with a date in fact , and had the same impression. Good but a bit overhyped. Tbh I had no clue who this artist is before visiting and found some installations a bit creepy , but that was the goal (I suppose).
Anyway, as payor and photographer for her Insta, I felt kinda useful, at least :)