I'm over it....

TAG Manager

Executive Leadership
Reaction score
....over the whole eco saving energy crap. I'm tired of being in some of these offices where the A/C is barely on or they only run it in the late evening hours. Meanwhile, it's so damn hot, nobody can concentrate.

Cool biz don't do jack if the office is packed with people and the ambient temp is 33 in the office.

Fuck this noise, I'm going to hold meetings at some cafe wher the A/C is cranking.

Good move. Cafes are more and more wifi&aircon&seating space selling places , with a drink on top to justify the name and business model

Wow, that sucks man. If you can get out of the office and get somewhere cooler, I say go for it. When did that become a thing in Japan?

Lucky for me I work for a company (not in Japan btw but we're having triple digit heat right now) that's anal about ergonomics and employee health and comfort. Cooling is mandatory above 78F/25C in our offices.

Wow, that sucks man. If you can get out of the office and get somewhere cooler, I say go for it. When did that become a thing in Japan?

Lucky for me I work for a company (not in Japan btw but we're having triple digit heat right now) that's anal about ergonomics and employee health and comfort. Cooling is mandatory above 78F/25C in our offices.

It's been like this for years with the 'Cool Biz' plan for offices to 'voluntarily' set their AC's to something like 28. In turn, no suits or ties.
Not every office I go to is like this, but a lot are and it's ugly.

....over the whole eco saving energy crap. I'm tired of being in some of these offices where the A/C is barely on or they only run it in the late evening hours. Meanwhile, it's so damn hot, nobody can concentrate.

Cool biz don't do jack if the office is packed with people and the ambient temp is 33 in the office.

Fuck this noise, I'm going to hold meetings at some cafe wher the A/C is cranking.

Sometimes the OLs complain to the building managers to get the airconditioning turned up. They can't handle 'cool' temperatures....

It's been like this for years with the 'Cool Biz' plan for offices to 'voluntarily' set their AC's to something like 28. In turn, no suits or ties.
Not every office I go to is like this, but a lot are and it's ugly.
I would take the suit and tie anyday over that.

Reactions: MossBoss
I would take the suit and tie anyday over that.

you'll probably be swimming in your own sweat after walking to/from the train station :)

I friggin' sweat a lot ... walking to work this morning my inner shirt was drenched. (i don't even wear a suit and tie.) went to the men's room took it off and wring a several drops of sweat out of it.

you'll probably be swimming in your own sweat after walking to/from the train station :)

I friggin' sweat a lot ... walking to work this morning my inner shirt was drenched. (i don't even wear a suit and tie.) went to the men's room took it off and wring a several drops of sweat out of it.
Oh, I believe you. I'm one of those people that sweats easily (from being hot, nervousness, etc). Add in a suit and tie to a walk from the station and I too would be drenched. :)

Even then though, I think that might be better than 8-10 hours of sitting in one spot sweating.

Cool biz is about setting the thermostat between 26 and 27 degrees instead of 20 (as they used to do before). 33 degrees is way too hot, but 26-27 should be ok for someone who is not doing any physical activity and who is wearing summer clothes.

My advice is to buy a cheap convini thermometer and set it in your table. That way, you will be able to complain about the temperature (objective) rather than the fact that you feel hot (subjective).

Today is much better... don't have any face-to-face meetings, found a cafe at the B1F level of a building I need to be at later today. Got power, good cell service and a little corner to myself and the aircon is cranking to my delight. ;)

We're about to go into the Obon holiday... probably going to stay in for a lot of it. My place needs a lot of cleaning and I've got a pile of laundry to do. I had a GF that'd come over from time-to-time to help clean-up, but she's away atm. Bahhh...

I'll just let you write your own story on how you think one of her visits go. ;)

Don't blame us then if the story turns out to be very perverted! It was you who mentioned your clothes are feeling snug these days :eek:

10797-L_e52e3b67-19fa-40c4-a458-3f396a589622_1024x1024.jpeg

Totally with you on this one.. i cannot believe people wearing long sleeves with casual office attire rules and this 28C A/C setting. My showers in summer are cold and my bedroom set to 20C. Good sleeping!
I have an energy-saving idea.. shut down pachinko parlors and boot the occupants into the bright sunshine

Reactions: JaquesAfrog
Totally with you on this one.. i cannot believe people wearing long sleeves with casual office attire rules and this 28C A/C setting. My showers in summer are cold and my bedroom set to 20C. Good sleeping!
I have an energy-saving idea.. shut down pachinko parlors and boot the occupants into the bright sunshine
I tell you one thing, I'm spending a lot more on water for both washing clothes and taking showers. Summertime for me means constant laundry loads because I sweat so much at the office. And, I'm doing 2 showers a day... morning big wash and evening a cool off rinse with a light wash. (don't want to damage my hair or skin with too much soap/shampoo in one day.) I've gotten more sensitive skin as I've gotten older. :(

So, companies are trying to 'save' energy and save the environment but causing a larger impact at home where we have to spend more money on energy and water to combat the udder sweat-fest we come home in.

Today is murder. I'm in a cafe yet again today.... cooling myself.

Yesterday I had to go out for meetings. Went through three sets of shirts. I am now considering never to go out again.

Office is nice 24 degrees, if anyone wants to buy anything they can come here. :D

I tell you one thing, I'm spending a lot more on water for both washing clothes and taking showers. Summertime for me means constant laundry loads because I sweat so much at the office. And, I'm doing 2 showers a day... morning big wash and evening a cool off rinse with a light wash. (don't want to damage my hair or skin with too much soap/shampoo in one day.) I've gotten more sensitive skin as I've gotten older. :(

So, companies are trying to 'save' energy and save the environment but causing a larger impact at home where we have to spend more money on energy and water to combat the udder sweat-fest we come home in.

Today is murder. I'm in a cafe yet again today.... cooling myself.
It's that "gamman" thing. My SO is in the hospital this week and she's livid about their pain management philosophy. She's Japanese and lived in the states for 10 yrs.. where unnecessary discomfort isn't a badge of honor. Grrrrr.

saturday ... out of the house ... sitting at a cafe now but no women to oogle ...

Reactions: Lukes
Its funny but the first time I saw your thread's title I assumed you would write about a bad love story, or worse ending TAG.

Reactions: Lukes