Guest viewing is limited

Improving my text game! Need feedback

LeonGRAY

TAG Member
Reaction score
I want to pull girls from dating apps/sites to LINE asap without too much effort. I've been reading profiles and sending personalized mails with mixed results, but it's starting to feel like a drag and I'm really tired of it so this has to change.

FYI: Most japanese apps don't allow you to send contact information in the first mail so I'm thinking of sending 3 copy/paste mails that I personalize a little bit so they don't realize it's a copy/paste. I will exchange contact information in mail #3

This is my current routine:

Message 1: (when I initiate contact)
はじめまして✨
マッチングできて嬉しいです(*´ω`*)
わたしはxxxといいます
英語がはなせますか
これから仲良くなれたら嬉しいです♪よろしくお願いします♪

Message 1: (when girl initiates and I reply)
xxxさん, おはようございます✨ / こんにちは✨ / こんばんは✨
メッセージありがとうございます!
マッチングできて嬉しいです(*´ω`*)
わたしはxxxといいます
英語がはなせますか
これから仲良くなれたら嬉しいです♪よろしくお願いします♪

Message 2: (small talk)
No idea.. ask them if they ever visited my country? Need ideas for message 2

Message 3: (exchanging contact information)
xxxさん, おはようございます✨ / こんにちは✨ / こんばんは✨
あなたに英語を教えましょう^ ^
LINEを使っていますか?
LINE ID: xxx

Need ideas for second message. Something generic so I can send it to everyone. Any ideas to make message 3 less awkward? Not everyone adds me so I want to make it more smooth. Suggestions are appreciated. Pls no oppai sugoi, although hilarious, not what I'm looking for :D Polite and kind is what gets me the most results so I'm sticking with that. Thanks! (y)

Last edited:
I think it's perfect. I don't understand why you feel you need to ask others' suggestions.

I would write Message 3 with a few slangs, but that would be counter-productive imho.

xxxさん, お返事あざーっす。ありがとう!
でもなんで、あざーっす、っていうの?日本語はむずかしい。
まったり教えてくれたら、うれしいな。
おかえしに英語をばっちり。
とりまLINE飛ばして!

I think it's perfect. I don't understand why you feel you need to ask others' suggestions.

My premium membership expires in 2 weeks and I don't think I will renew it. So I'm going to send copy/paste mail to everyone that is a match. The app I'm using only allows exchanging contact information in the 3rd mail so I need suggestions for the second mail. I'm out of inspiration and hate small talk so I need help ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: Ken1988

I would write Message 3 with a few slangs, but that would be counter-productive imho.

xxxさん, お返事あざーっす。ありがとう!
まったり教えてくれたら、うれしいな。
おかえしに英語をばっちり。
とりまLINE飛ばして!
You’re the “bro” that every man needs :)

Reactions: Ken1988
I can't speak for everybody - and different age groups probably work differently - but for me small talk is where I make my connections.

You should have some topics that aren't about you but about experiences you've had which make you sound interesting.

Example - I've done some rather interesting backpacking trips - so I ask if they like travel, or better yet if they have photos md places they've been ask about those. Then get into a convo about travelling.

If they have posted photos about some meal ask if that was XXXX {some place you've been before} and start a convo about that place, cuisine, etc- leading to an invitation to dinner.

My premium membership expires in 2 weeks and I don't think I will renew it. So I'm going to send copy/paste mail to everyone that is a match. The app I'm using only allows exchanging contact information in the 3rd mail so I need suggestions for the second mail. I'm out of inspiration and hate small talk so I need help ^^

It's difficult to come up with effective rubber-stamp phrases..., but you may want to let her feel somehow superior that she can teach you Japanese. My suggestion for Message 3 is in this line. So, Message 2 could be:

xxxさん, お返事あざーっす。ありがとう!
だんだん仲良くなって、まったり教えてくれたら、うれしいな。
おかえしに英語をばっちり。
よろしくおねがいします!

Last edited:
Reactions: LeonGRAY

Hi Ken! thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure if I understand this phrase in this context. Is this a reply to a possible 'nihongo jouzu' ?

I can't speak for everybody - and different age groups probably work differently - but for me small talk is where I make my connections.

You should have some topics that aren't about you but about experiences you've had which make you sound interesting.

Example - I've done some rather interesting backpacking trips - so I ask if they like travel, or better yet if they have photos md places they've been ask about those. Then get into a convo about travelling.

If they have posted photos about some meal ask if that was XXXX {some place you've been before} and start a convo about that place, cuisine, etc- leading to an invitation to dinner.

That's what I used to do but it's too time consuming. I only read profiles to confirm if they're single and don't have kids. I accumulated alot of matches in 3 months of being a free member. I purchased a 1 month premium membership to be able to write and send msg and I want to get them all to LINE before my premium membership expires (in 2 weeks or so) hence the copy/paste approach. Thanks for your post though. I appreciate it :)

I have to add I have put alot of effort in my mails with a few girls and they still didn't add me to line after mail #6 so I'm a little burned out right now.

Hi Ken! thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure if I understand this phrase in this context. Is this a reply to a possible 'nihongo jouzu' ?

I just thought it would be time saving for you to thank her for her reply and ask her why "thank you" in a Japanese slang is like that.

I just thought it would be time saving for you to thank her for her reply and ask her why "thank you" in a Japanese slang is like that.

Gotcha! I don't understand most slang.. gotta love the minna no nihongo textbooks :ROFLMAO: