Guest viewing is limited

Interesting stats about SDs and SBs...

HE is alive!!! Resurrected from the Dead!! Allelujah!!
:notworthy::kiss:(y)

, I missed you and our spirited exchanges!

PS: childcare is mentioned actually (7%)

Thanks for the enthusiastic welcome back. I am not at all sure how much I'll be "here" going forward. Much has changed in my "real life" (whatever that is?!) since I was last much active on TAG, but who knows. We shall see. Tbh, the only reason I made my post above is that I was on the site in connection with a private message, noticed this thread, and responded on a whim.

As for "childcare (7%)" I read that as referring to paying for daycare or babysitters rather than basic support (food, clothing, shelter etc), but you are probably correct; the word may well be used in a slightly euphemistic way to indicate the costs of keeping the kid(s) from having to live on the street.

-Ww

Last edited:
Reactions: Sudsy
And it’s currently the epicentre of investment in AI outside of “Big Tech”

The current huge explosion of AI/ML/deep-learning technology grew out of pioneering work done in large part at the University of Toronto, afaik.

-Ww

People frequently compare it to a soulless NYC, all the work with none of the other character, I’d disagree but it’s a popular sentiment these days

To be fair, Vancouverites have been warning y'all that Toronto is the Devil's unwashed armpit, only with a worse odor and less charm, for nearly a hundred years.

Reactions: Dominic and Frenchy
To be fair, Vancouverites have been warning y'all that Toronto is the Devil's unwashed armpit, only with a worse odor and less charm, for nearly a hundred years.
Well , fitting for some of the SBs to be found on SA then ... (although I must admit I did not check the Toronto-based ones)

Reactions: Dominic
At the risk of spoiling the skeptical and cynical mood of the thread, based on my personal experience with SBs I've actually met and gotten to know well enough to feel reasonably confident that what they told me about themselves is either true or close to it, I don't think these "statistics" are totally off or absurd. Some specifics:

- 26 yo seems plausible as an average SB age.

- I've met A LOT of students and also many recent graduates (usually un or under employed and worried about paying off their student loans, especially in the US)

- I have met a fair number of SBs who have done at least some modeling but only one who maybe supports herself at some level with modeling work, so an exaggeration to call it an "occupation" for most of them

- I've met a few teachers and nurses but many many fewer than students and unemployed recent graduates

- I've met one flight attendant and one "customer service agent" (i.e., ground staff)

- The "top cities" they list match up pretty well with the places from which I get the most frequent SB contacts wanting me to fly them to Tokyo...although I would not have put Sydney or Paris on my list on that basis. Of course that doesn't mean there aren''t plenty of SBs in Paris and Sydney; it could just mean that they rarely want to leave those cities and go to Tokyo.

- The breakdown of how SBs spend there money doesn't look crazy to me based on personal experience, especially if you count paying of student debt as a "school related expense", which seems fair enough.

- A big one in my experience that is left out of this last graph is single mothers using the money to take care of their child(red).

Mostly the list looks a bit censored/sanitized to me, i.e., leaving out items which might look less than impressive or classy to potential SA customers, but otherwise not too misleading. Of course, my impressions are biased by where, how and with what kinds of SBs I personally sugar. For example, I would rarely meet or go much beyond the M&G first meeting with an SB who I suspected of being on drugs in a major way and needing the money for that. I also tend to pass up SBs who seem to be absolutely desperate for money for any reasons, whether or not I know what it is, because it creates a bad vibe in the relationship from my perspective.

-Ww

PS - Hello again, all.

Welcome back!

This is kind of kind of what I meant when I said the numbers were probably 100% accurate. I suspect they either commissioned or found some survey of sugaring generally and made a nice graphic. But I don't think it necessarily accurately represents the current membership dynamic on SA, or if it does they limited their group to large metro areas and left out the small-midsize cities where I tend to frequent. My experience in a lot of these areas is that potential SBs are mostly at two extremes, students who want extra money and extravagant gifts in exchange for "platonic only emotional support", or the other end tends to be obviously very desperate people who "will do anything you want so long as you take care of me". There are some truly excellent SBs to be found in the middle between those extremes but it can take a lot of work to discover them on the site.

Well , fitting for some of the SBs to be found on SA then ... (although I must admit I did not check the Toronto-based ones)

Yes, In Toronto on SA there's a lot - you can usually tell them pretty quickly from the photos - they sometimes even just use the same agency photos :)

Wait until they get their whole family and then some in the mix, you will spend gobs of cash just to get some snatch. Best not to play around with Filipino SBs here in Japan and in the Phils.

Wait until they get their whole family and then some in the mix, you will spend gobs of cash just to get some snatch. Best not to play around with Filipino SBs here in Japan and in the Phils.
Well I do, maybe Im just lucky but so far so good. Best sex, funny, affectionate, generous with her time (a bit too much actually...) and very low maintenance