Guest viewing is limited

Introducing PCMax

joeking

TAG Member
Reaction score
Earlier I introduced JMail. PCMax is JMail on steroids. You can fill out '100 questions' where you've got 'are you a dog or a cat person?' or 'What is your favorite karaoke song?' share space with 'what color is your underwear?'. You can also edit an 'ura' profile that has everything from where you plan to be dogging ( 主な活動エリアはどの辺?○○町~○○町など) to the dimensions of your johnson (長さと太さはどれくらい?) and your estimated recovery time (自分のおちん○んの自慢(特徴)は?(固さだけとか長さとか反り具合とか小さいけど回復度とか)Not a sentence you'll find in your standard Japanese textbook...

PCMax then takes the ura profile and uses it to generate revenue. If you find someone, you can look at their profile, and if you want more information, you can look at their ura profile or their "100 questions", which of course, cost points. Even if you don't want to waste your time, you can, after joining and verifying your age, fill out your profile and learn a lot of Japanese. When I was dating, it would have been very fun to fill this out with a Japanese girl or fill hers out with you, if she were into that (and I would love to know what the questions are. You can see the answers, but what question would you ask to get that answer?). And maybe go through and look at profiles and try to figure out exactly what some of these things mean. PCMax is also supposed to be better if you are looking for someone to share some kinkiness.

Like JMail, PCMax has some social engineering tricks to keep punters involved. You can gamble with your points, there are 使い放題 periods and a lot of other come-ons.

Here is a Japanese article that explains some of the features
http://deaikeiyarou.com/cat203/post_89.html
and another one that explains why it is an up and up dating site
http://deaikeiyarou.com/cat203/post_77.html

For me, JMail has the right level of difficulty, but PCMax is a bridge too far. However, if you want to poke around (笑)join using this url
http://pcmax.jp/pcm/
to give me points. As I said, I tend to use JMail more, but having a bunch of points to check out things would be nice.

Both JMail and PCMax are the old wave of dating sites, the next introduction will be a newer one that is run by the same company as PCMax. Stay tuned...

Thanks for writing this up; someone will appreciate it, I'm sure!

We have had posts in the past asking for this kind of material.. or a how-to guide. So, it won't go unnoticed.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I had the same feeling from PCMax, I do have upper intermediate Japanese by still found it all a bit overwhelming ^^; I also not a fan of their app either as it is pretty much useless if compared to the website version (I prefer apps because, as many nanpa sites mention, smartphone-based users are a little less likely to be pros in disguise).

I'm definitely looking forward to your next thread! Cheers ^^

Reactions: TAG Manager
Thanks Arit! I'm in the middle of research, but a couple of things I noted.
-The main dating apps that are recommended (PCMax, Jメール,Happy Mail, Wakuwaku, YYC) seem to be regionally based and I think that is because they were based on earlier apps, which is why their interfaces really remind you of the old garake phones
-The connected mobile apps are pretty interesting as well, but my Japanese typing on the smartphone sucks
-I had visions of lines of unsatisfied married women, but, as has been the case in my life, this is damn hard work.
-However, it has lit a fire under my Japanese, though I'm worried that some of this Japanese I am learning is going to be said in the wrong place at the wrong time. However, I'm having a midlife crisis, so I'm not sure if I really care...

Reactions: AliceInWonderland