introduction and looking for SM recommendations

Lady Bellatrix

TAG Member
Reaction score
After months of lurking on this forum, I am finally taking the plunge and writing my first post to introduce myself. This is such a useful and informative site and I'm so glad I found it!

Having lived in Japan for nearly three years about 15 years ago, I am in the planning stages of my first trip back. Most of my time was spent in and around Osaka with a brief stint in Yokohama so I spent quite a few debauched weekends in Tokyo too. I speak a decent level of Japanese so I will have no issues navigating on my own.

I'm a British Dominatrix and divide my time between London and Paris. My trip back to Japan will be a mix of personal and professional.

This will be my first tour as as a Femdom SP so any advice would be greatly appreciated. How safe is it to enter the country with a suitcase full of strap ons, etc. Outcall vs incall, Airbnb vs hotel?

Also, wondering if anyone can offer any SM recommendations? Such as fetish themed parties, venues and/or shops? I've heard Department H is not to be missed. Anyone been there?

I look forward to hearing from you!

:)

Also, wondering if anyone can offer any SM recommendations? Such as fetish themed parties, venues and/or shops? I've heard Department H is not to be missed. Anyone been there?

Torture Garden also runs events here. They're a bit sluggish at updating their website though....

Reactions: Lady Bellatrix
Took a while to find the link (currently at work) but Markiss in Shinjuku is still up and running. I haven't been in a very long time, but they used to a be a LOT of fun. Looks like they're still very active, which is heartening to see! Presumably you're fine with transpeople, they make up a significant portion of the regulars there.

Took a while to find the link (currently at work) but Markiss in Shinjuku is still up and running. I haven't been in a very long time, but they used to a be a LOT of fun. Looks like they're still very active, which is heartening to see! Presumably you're fine with transpeople, they make up a significant portion of the regulars there.

Ohhhh! How naughty, perving the net from work! This looks quite interesting. I'll add it to my list of places to check out. I'm LGBTQ friendly so the more varied crowd makes for an interesting night out. Thanks once again for your recommendations.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Apologies, but on the off chance you are not on it, fetlife has events listed. Obviously not as much outside of Tokyo and Osaka (though I have a feeling that Nagoya has a lot but not very open to outsiders).

Can’t comment on the BDSM gear or events.. but as for the incall/outcall situation.. I don’t recommend staying at high-end hotels solely for the purpose of incalls unless you’re asking for deposits upfront. Recently, we (providers) have had more no-shows and timewasters than usual, and I believe you’d want to make more profit than losses during your tour.

AirBnB would be a good option for incalls, as long as it’s in central Tokyo. For outcalls, there are plenty of love hotels in Shibuya, Shinjuku, Ikebukuro, and Uguisudani. There’s also a BDSM-themed love hotel in Azabu-Juban called Alpha Inn that you could use for femdom sessions. I’ve never been there, but I heard it’s pretty cool.

(though I have a feeling that Nagoya has a lot but not very open to outsiders).

The events Hibiki organizes are open to foreigners, although usually aimed at selling her DVDs or more drinks at her bar... or so I heard.

Reactions: Lady Bellatrix
Apologies, but on the off chance you are not on it, fetlife has events listed. Obviously not as much outside of Tokyo and Osaka (though I have a feeling that Nagoya has a lot but not very open to outsiders).

Yes, I am on Fetlife. But I'm rarely on it. But yes, that is a good idea to check it out. Thanks!

Can’t comment on the BDSM gear or events.. but as for the incall/outcall situation.. I don’t recommend staying at high-end hotels solely for the purpose of incalls unless you’re asking for deposits upfront. Recently, we (providers) have had more no-shows and timewasters than usual, and I believe you’d want to make more profit than losses during your tour.

AirBnB would be a good option for incalls, as long as it’s in central Tokyo. For outcalls, there are plenty of love hotels in Shibuya, Shinjuku, Ikebukuro, and Uguisudani. There’s also a BDSM-themed love hotel in Azabu-Juban called Alpha Inn that you could use for femdom sessions. I’ve never been there, but I heard it’s pretty cool.

Thanks for the info Hana. It is very useful to know. Its too bad to hear about the timewaster situation. This is universal unfortunately. I don't see anyone in UK without a deposit so I will have to consider this in Japan especially being on tour when time is limited and expenses are high.

Perhaps we can meet for a coffee when I am in town ;)