Guest viewing is limited

iPhone Update to iOS 4.01

Karen

Mistress of the Night
Executive Leadership
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Everyone....

Yesterday evening, I upgraded my iPhone 3G to the latest revision (4.01). I have to say that things are running much better after this patch. The phone isn't nearly as sluggish as it was after upgrading to V4. I'll using it heavily today, so I'll see how things go for the rest of the day. Let us hope that I don't have to restart the phone to get it back to a normal speed.

Here's a good article I found about the new update:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3821/iphone-4-redux-analyzing-apples-ios-41-signal-fix

While the fix doesn't mention fixing iPhone 3G/S speed problems, the new patch makes a very noticeable difference, to me at least. I like the new signal bars, but maybe that's just because it's new, lol.

Curious to hear about other reactions...

<3

I don't see much improvement on mine, it still kind of locks up when moving pages around. Nothing has crashed, completely, yet. I don't have a load of stuff on my phone either, just will wait and see.

Not going going to upgrade my phone until maybe another year or two, or this one breaks. I dropped my first iPhone and cracked the display real good. :(

-Eliah