iPhone X Preorders

vargas

TAG Member
Reaction score
There’s less than 24 hours to go until iPhone X preorders open. Availability of the new black colored iPhone 7 was bad enough last year but things are going to be way worse for any model of the X. Who else has an alarm set and their billing information pre-filled in hopes of getting an order in tomorrow for delivery this year? :D Or are any of you crazy enough to go stand in line with all the Chinese?

Reactions: ur19877
I'm happy with my 7+. I just need to find a better protective case (I have the Otterbox Defender, but still getting sand in it whenever I do a beach photoshoot :( )

There’s less than 24 hours to go until iPhone X preorders open. Availability of the new black colored iPhone 7 was bad enough last year but things are going to be way worse for any model of the X. Who else has an alarm set and their billing information pre-filled in hopes of getting an order in tomorrow for delivery this year? :D Or are any of you crazy enough to go stand in line with all the Chinese?

Once I found out I will be in Japan during the the launch, I found out what time it would be in Japan at 12 pm pst. Can’t wait. I am ready for a new design.

Last year I tried to order the jet black phone exactly at 1201am and could not get it until sometime in Jan..I was pissed.

This year, we know it will be nearly impossible to get one within the traditional 1 week after ordering, so I will ‘try’ to be more understanding....

Reactions: vargas
Once I found out I will be in Japan during the the launch, I found out what time it would be in Japan at 12 pm pst. Can’t wait. I am ready for a new design.

Last year I tried to order the jet black phone exactly at 1201am and could not get it until sometime in Jan..I was pissed.

This year, we know it will be nearly impossible to get one within the traditional 1 week after ordering, so I will ‘try’ to be more understanding....

Yeah I also tried to get the jet black and got a ship date way in the future. Fortunate actually because later I saw one in the store with a ton of scratches and fingerprints. Ended up just picking up a silver one in store a month later.

The X’s mostly glass design should be easier to keep clean, though that shiny stainless steel is going to show scratches much more than brushed aluminum... my steel Apple Watch is pretty scratched up. The overall design looks great though and I expect the fit and finish to be superb.

Reactions: ur19877
If ordering thru softbank would you need to have billing info pre-filled?
Ill have my finger on the buzzer at 4.01 today

Yeah I also tried to get the jet black and got a ship date way in the future. Fortunate actually because later I saw one in the store with a ton of scratches and fingerprints. Ended up just picking up a silver one in store a month later.

The X’s mostly glass design should be easier to keep clean, though that shiny stainless steel is going to show scratches much more than brushed aluminum... my steel Apple Watch is pretty scratched up. The overall design looks great though and I expect the fit and finish to be superb.

I am actually happy I didn’t go with the jet black... i always use a case, so getting the jet black model would have been a bit useless... on the NEX right now.... i think i will be just getting off in Shibuya at 4:01... in any case, i should be ready....

Apple marketing is borderline fanatical.... the jet black was not that that different from the gloss black on the 3g.....

Just landed in japan an hour ago and am i thinking about my first p4p experience? No..... thinking about where i will be at 4:01.....

I only wish I could get that excited about something than you guys get excited about a phone! :D

Yeah, feeling a bit jealous honestly. That will not stop me mocking any Apple fanboy mercilessly, of course.

I only wish I could get that excited about something than you guys get excited about a phone! :D

Yeah, feeling a bit jealous honestly. That will not stop me mocking any Apple fanboy mercilessly, of course.

Sometimes I laugh at myself when i get so excited during the apple events.....And i know i drink their kool aid...

Reactions: MikeH
Just landed in japan an hour ago and am i thinking about my first p4p experience? No..... thinking about where i will be at 4:01.....

Well a new iPhone does come out only once a year and the enjoyment lasts 365 days. Whereas you can get laid anytime but the satisfaction only lasts a short time :ROFLMAO: plenty of time to think about p4p after preorders are done, it’s early :D

Well a new iPhone does come out only once a year and the enjoyment lasts 365 days. Whereas you can get laid anytime but the satisfaction only lasts a short time :ROFLMAO: plenty of time to think about p4p after preorders are done, it’s early :D

Exactly...i LOVE P4P in Tokyo.....but priorities....as you can understand

Egads, ¥140,000 poorer now, that’s one expensive phone. Good thing it’s tax deductible!

Egads, ¥140,000 poorer now, that’s one expensive phone. Good thing it’s tax deductible!
No kidding. lol.

I'll be curious to see how this turns out. I elected to skip the X and stick with the 8... and I'm kind of glad I did.
The form factor of the 6/7/8 feels comfortable for me and I like having the fingerprint ID unlock. :)

Hope it turns out well for those buying into it.

Reactions: Sudsy and vargas
No kidding. lol.

I'll be curious to see how this turns out. I elected to skip the X and stick with the 8... and I'm kind of glad I did.
The form factor of the 6/7/8 feels comfortable for me and I like having the fingerprint ID unlock. :)

Hope it turns out well for those buying into it.

Yeah I would much prefer having fingerprint unlock, and the X is significantly heavier and thicker, will be annoying when wearing lightweight pants next summer. But that full front display is amazing. We’ll see :cool:

Reactions: TAG Manager
Yeah I would much prefer having fingerprint unlock, and the X is significantly heavier and thicker, will be annoying when wearing lightweight pants next summer. But that full front display is amazing. We’ll see :cool:
Look forward to our own TAG field report, haha.

Reactions: vargas
My story... at 401 I was getting off the nex train and for 15 minutes I was closing and opening the Apple store app to complete my preorder transaction. All the while walking through Shibuya station and getting to the locker that had my air BnB key... surprised but not surprised that I didn’t bump into one of the thousands of people around....Estimated time is 2 to 3 weeks which I am happy with...

Now in my room in Shibuya and ready to pounce....reports coming...

I ordered it but no notification or anything about how long its gonna take.... mustve left it way too late. dammit

I also have a hard time understanding this.
While i swear by Iphone, i dont care much about having the latest model.

Reactions: MikeH and jhingy567
Just got the phone today (about a week earlier than expected)...having been using the 7plus for reference.. my thoughts are:

1. It's heavy, I can see how so many people dropped it and had the screen/back crack... just like P4P, use protection...
  2. Setup was a freaking breeze... so much easier than in the past. You pair it to your previous phone, similar to the apple watch pairing and settings will be transferred over. The only thing I need to do is connect my phone to my computer to transfer the music I didn't buy on Itunes.
  3. I won't miss the home button (and your probably won't too) because:
    1. FaceID is the real thing and works great. Don't discount it until you try it. I have forgotten that I used to have to click on a button to log in. I actually had annoying issues with using the home button if my hand was wet or using gloves...
    2. Swiping up and around is easier for me. With previous generations, I use to have some issues swiping up to access the control panel. I don't have these issues with this phone. I was a bit worried, but not anymore.
  4. Speed and Screen is better than the 7plus, but it isn't night and day IMO. It probably will be if you are using a 6s or lower.
  5. The form factor reminds me of when I was using an Iphone 6. Small and portable... but the screen size is the same as the plus module, which is cool.
  6. Haven't tested the camera, but it should be similar with my 7plus, which was very nice and much better with the dual lens (much better than non 7plus models).
I am a fanboy, and get a new phone every year. Thus, I have wanted a new look and feel for years now. I got it and am happy.
While you may tell yourself you don't care about new models.....say that after checking this phone out..

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
very surprising to hear from an iphone fan!
I thought you guys and gals are very often forced to buy the latest model, because of the planned obsolescence Apple imposes through those OS updates :cautious:

This isn't quite true.... OS updates go back a good number of phone generations...
but, you are manipulated and brainwashed into thinking that you SHOULD get a new phone because of things like Siri, Jet Black, 3D touch etc etc...

Cheers

Reactions: Anna Summer
OS updates go back a good number of phone generations...

I believe he was referring to older phone models suffering performance issues when upgrading to newer IOS versions, something Apple has been accused of deliberately engineering.