iPhone X Preorders

I believe he was referring to older phone models suffering performance issues when upgrading to newer IOS versions, something Apple has been accused of deliberately engineering.

Got it...while I have not experienced that... I would believe it...

Just got the phone today (about a week earlier than expected)...having been using the 7plus for reference.. my thoughts are:

1. It's heavy, I can see how so many people dropped it and had the screen/back crack... just like P4P, use protection...
  2. Setup was a freaking breeze... so much easier than in the past. You pair it to your previous phone, similar to the apple watch pairing and settings will be transferred over. The only thing I need to do is connect my phone to my computer to transfer the music I didn't buy on Itunes.
  3. I won't miss the home button (and your probably won't too) because:
    1. FaceID is the real thing and works great. Don't discount it until you try it. I have forgotten that I used to have to click on a button to log in. I actually had annoying issues with using the home button if my hand was wet or using gloves...
    2. Swiping up and around is easier for me. With previous generations, I use to have some issues swiping up to access the control panel. I don't have these issues with this phone. I was a bit worried, but not anymore.
  4. Speed and Screen is better than the 7plus, but it isn't night and day IMO. It probably will be if you are using a 6s or lower.
  5. The form factor reminds me of when I was using an Iphone 6. Small and portable... but the screen size is the same as the plus module, which is cool.
  6. Haven't tested the camera, but it should be similar with my 7plus, which was very nice and much better with the dual lens (much better than non 7plus models).
I am a fanboy, and get a new phone every year. Thus, I have wanted a new look and feel for years now. I got it and am happy.
While you may tell yourself you don't care about new models.....say that after checking this phone out..
I have to say you got me interested...
and yes, always protection! I've never had a cracked screen.

really,i wont buy itiPhone X,its looks interesting,and the price is funny,i recommend do not buy it

Recently got the iPhone X from my mobile network provider. Basically, it has the same size and heft of the iPhone 6, 7 and 8, but with a larger 5.8-inch display.
It took me a bit to get used to not having a home button, but now it just seems natural to swipe up from the bottom edge to return home after using an app or any other built-in function.
When using my iPad, I’ve instinctively been swiping up to return home as if I’m using my iPhone X. So I want my next iPad sans home button.

I have been using the plus model for the last two gens, so the X feels small. Even though this screen is nearly the same size as the plus, it feels smaller. Wired. There maybe a bigger iPhone next year, which will be intriguing.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I only just realised iPhone X isn't the same thing as iPhone 8.
Nice design with minimal bezel.
The phone I have now (LG v20) has similar screen real estate, but looks bigger (and feels too big) .
I'm subconsciously hoping I smash the screen, just so I can get a new phone with a smaller form factor. Too bad it's always surviving all the drops with only dents in the plastic.

As someone who has did both iPhone and Android, I honestly prefer Android.
I've also used both and much prefer Iphone, but i have to say i have only used quite old, cheap models of samsung. Its much more difficult to type on those, and the battery went empty super quick. They were generally not comfortable but i cant say i have tried the better models or other brands than samsung.

This decade, I’ve managed to use a range of smartphones with different operating systems: BlackBerry, Android, Windows and iOS.
Apple provides what I consider as the smoothest, easiest to use OS for mobile phones.
Yes, Android was ahead of iOS in terms of multi-tasking and features like wireless charging. Apple adds stuff as soon as they’re certain about delivering a better experience to users.
There are always a number of hiccups and bug fixes to expect in every iOS update, too. But resolving issues has been quicker and quicker.
True story: nearly a dozen people I’ve met who had worked for top Chinese Android smartphone makers made the switch to the iPhone as soon as they quit their jobs.
There was family pressure, I guess. While these guys were using the Android devices made by their then-employers, their kids and wives all had iPhones.

While these guys were using the Android devices made by their then-employers, their kids and wives all had iPhones.

Well, it still doesn't say the iPhone is the best phone to use. Maybe it was just that these guys were making enough money from their Android manufacturer to be able to buy all their family iPhones and because it's cool and hip they were able to flash their wealth in the neighbourhood. :p

That’s true, too. Apple is considered quite a luxury brand in China.
There was a controversial post on Chinese social media by the young son of one the country’s richest persons a few years back. It showed the son’s small pet dog — I can’t remember which breed — with four gold Apple watches wrapped around each leg.

I was interested in the iPhone x but for half the price I could invest in the OnePlus 5T. The face unlock is way faster plus it has fingerprint ID with a headphone jack.

so last night i was wasted and tried to go to a soap on the way home. Was in yoshiwara at 11ish. Luckily everywhere was closed as it wouldve been a big waste of money i was so drunk.

Unfortunately in my very inebriated state i dropped my phone and the screen is now cracked.

Anyone recommend any good places to get an iphone x screen fixed? I dont think dropping the phone and cracking the screen is covered by the warranty.

There are many places that do screen replacements all around the town. I have once used this and everything worked fast and nice. (Though you did say X which might not be available yet).

http://www.iphone-support.jp/

so last night i was wasted and tried to go to a soap on the way home. Was in yoshiwara at 11ish. Luckily everywhere was closed as it wouldve been a big waste of money i was so drunk.

Unfortunately in my very inebriated state i dropped my phone and the screen is now cracked.

Anyone recommend any good places to get an iphone x screen fixed? I dont think dropping the phone and cracking the screen is covered by the warranty.

If you have Apple care, it’s cheap to get fixed. One screen break is worth the extra bit for Apple care.

That said, I’ve used this shop below in Shinjuku a few times before I had Apple care.

http://www.iphone-support.jp/iphone/shop-SHINJUKU.html

But... looks like they can’t do X yet...