Is "大人の関係” another wording for paid relationships?

fzym

TAG Member
Reaction score
So, I've followed some twitter links from tinder profiles, knowing most of them would be either scams or for paid relationships, and skippping the most obvious ones, but wondering if some of them could be genuine.

First, it sounds absurd.
Am I in any danger here?
I used an empty twitter account with a pseudo, first I added photos (just in normal situations, no nude or whatever that kind), but just removed them now after 2-3 days, in case some ill-intentioned people would like to do whatever they please with them.
Is that a thing, publishing your photos in contexts that you wouldn't like to get money from you or whatever, or basically I shouldn't worry too much about it?

Second: some clearly state in their DM that is not free, but some ask "大人の関係できますか?"
Although I would spontaneously give it the meaning of sexual relationships, I assume that in that context it's a wording for paid relationships.
Is that so?

Oh and 3), one says
”割り切りでがいい
そういうのでもよかったら”
Not sure about that Japanese wording, same thing here?

Another one says she's looking for a セフレ but says ただじゃない, so apparently this term can now mean paid services, didn't know that.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: leducul
Yes, they all mean paid sex. 大人の関係、割り切り、その先、etc. There are a million euphemisms to get around censorship and legal issues.

Ok, thank you for your answer, thought so. Just deactivated my twitter account.

Agree with @HelloMyTwenties in that in almost all cases they are after p4p, but (to me at least) there is a little different in nuance.
大人の関係 to me basically means sex, in almost all cases this is for money, but there is the odd unicorn out there
割り切り is the equivalent of "no strings attached", and again most will be asking for cash, but there are a few out there just looking for a sex friend
セフレ ( ただじゃない), this is the only one that specifically says you need to pay (it's not free).

While I've not had a lot of experience with tinder, I would think you shouldn't really post photos that can Identify you. Plenty of ways around this. Don't look straight at the camera, take it from and angle etc. If you post a passport style photo, or a mug shot, then you are looking for trouble.

Thank you very much, sorry just seeing your message.

Regarding photos, yes they were casual photos, not something you can use directly for fake ID or these kinds of real troubles. Thanks for the warning.

You say セフレ ( ただじゃない) means you need to pay — but if they don't mention ただじゃない but just say セフレを探している, would you say there's also most generally a hidden fee as they wouldn't usually say that up-front on their profile if that's genuinely the case, or she might as well be actually looking for a sex friend? (or several, but, just for her own private life).

I have no big hopes about the answer, but just trying to wrap my head around this kind of vocabulary and uses because that's not something you learn in Japanese language classes or that you can ask easily to anyone.

Thank you very much, sorry just seeing your message.

Regarding photos, yes they were casual photos, not something you can use directly for fake ID or these kinds of real troubles. Thanks for the warning.

You say セフレ ( ただじゃない) means you need to pay — but if they don't mention ただじゃない but just say セフレを探している, would you say there's also most generally a hidden fee as they wouldn't usually say that up-front on their profile if that's genuinely the case, or she might as well be actually looking for a sex friend? (or several, but, just for her own private life).

I have no big hopes about the answer, but just trying to wrap my head around this kind of vocabulary and uses because that's not something you learn in Japanese language classes or that you can ask easily to anyone.
Sorry bro but there a dozens of hypotheticals out there.
Just ask!

It takes a while to master the indirectness but you get a feeling for it in time.

Sorry bro but there a dozens of hypotheticals out there.
Just ask!

It takes a while to master the indirectness but you get a feeling for it in time.

Thanks, yes indeed at some point I just asked and had my answers. And yes, I guess it's just a matter of being used to these stuffs.