Guest viewing is limited

Is it too late???

TexasTokyo

TAG Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the click bait title. My question, is it too late to see the Cherry Blossoms in Tokyo? I am talking about the Nakano and Shinjuku area. Will there be anything left to see on lets say Thursday of this week?

Reactions: rob040188
Not too late if you are fine with “yaezakura” (not as spectacular as well-known “someiyoshino” varieties tho). You can see them in Shonjukugyoen or search 八重桜 東京 to find out other places. Actually it may still a bit early for yaezakura blossoms.

Sorry for the click bait title. My question, is it too late to see the Cherry Blossoms in Tokyo? I am talking about the Nakano and Shinjuku area. Will there be anything left to see on lets say Thursday of this week?

It's definitively not too late since you're 12 months ahead of the event.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Not too late if you are fine with “yaezakura” (not as spectacular as well-known “someiyoshino” varieties tho). You can see them in Shonjukugyoen or search 八重桜 東京 to find out other places. Actually it may still a bit early for yaezakura blossoms.
I find them more beautiful, personnally. More “fluffy”. They are blossoming now, saw wonderful ones yesterday in the little public garden outside Kasuga/Korakuen station.

Reactions: Ken1988 and 910234
I find them more beautiful, personnally. More “fluffy”. They are blossoming now, saw wonderful ones yesterday in the little public garden outside Kasuga/Korakuen station.

They are more fluffy indeed. Among late-blooming sakura varieties, there is one with green flowers. It's sort of rare but not so difficult to find them in Tokyo.

in tokyo, u may be ending up doing "people viewing" not hanami anyway
w