Is visiting a deri-heru store with a pal a no-no?

tubthumpin

TAG Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering what your thoughts are on visiting a deri-heru store with a friend to independently select our respective ladies, just as part of a night out (to clarify, not to be with the same woman - we are not that good friends).

Is it a faux pas for two foriengers to do so? We speak a modicum of Japanese and I've had success over the phone elsewhere, but I have been hung up on by some tenchos. I'm thinking of places like Pururungang which I know accepts foreigners but I previously called and was rudely dismissed over the phone (this was half a year ago), but I understand there may be more chance in venturing in?

Interested to hear your experience doing this or thoughts in general.

You can’t “visit” a delivery health store.
If you mean hotel health, yes.

My guess is that two people wouldn’t be a problem unless they only have one girl available for foreigners. Going in with a big group of noisy foreigners is not a good idea though.
But there are lots of stories of guys who went to Yoshiwara with a foreign pal so maybe its the same thing.

I’ve done this a few times with friends visiting from out of town who don’t speak Japanese at all. It’s been fine. It’s generaly much easier to communicate in person than on the phone. Pururungang and Shibuya Garden are particularly good for this.

Thanks for your answers.

It sounds like it is worth trying. We opted for a drop-in to Miss Campus only for it to be too late (I think), almost 12! That's what the employee implied anyhow.

Will have to try my luck another time!

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Thanks for your answers.

It sounds like it is worth trying. We opted for a drop-in to Miss Campus only for it to be too late (I think), almost 12! That's what the employee implied anyhow.

Will have to try my luck another time!
Yeah, they have to close those kind of establishments around 24.00 because of the law.

Reactions: tubthumpin