Guest viewing is limited

Japan Vets: Were the Old Days Better and if so, How?

That's gay. All black with a pistol grip is the only way to feel yourself like a heterosexual man with a working boner.

Thanks to pandemic fatigue, I only get working boners with ladyboy Twitter accounts. The silver cerakote is part of my coming-out narrative.

Reactions: MikeH
US studies have shown a clear correlation between gun ownership and both smaller penis size and sexual dysfunction. Also with assault rifle owners having the largest prevalence of micro penises. The point about having a big gun to feel like a man with a working boner probably actually has some basis behind it.

Well, that study is obviously bullshit. I was already stockpiling guns long before I realized I had a small dick.

Plus, were that true, 98% of Japanese men would be armed like squinty-eyed Rambos.

On a serious note, I've actually seen an actual micro-penis once in my life and--surprise--it was in Japan. Spaworld, Osaka. Even worse, it was on an uncharacteristically muscular, masculine Japanese guy. I was walking in from the rotenburo and this big guy is heading toward me, and that's when I noticed that his dick was the size of my pinky finger. Not exaggerating. Normally, when one guy sees another guy with a small dick, he usually laughs to himself. Not this time. This was actually a traumatic experience. I try not to think about it, I guess like a rape victim might. All I remember thinking was, "FUUUUUUUUUUCK, DUDE. THAT SUCKS."

I guess you give him credit for walking around naked in public. I used to joke that Asian guys can save on condom costs by buying latex gloves and cutting the fingers off. After that traumatic day, the joke wasn't funny anymore.

Yes, not a few Japanese girls have told me they perceive getting ripped at the gym as a big compensation tool. Immediately when they see a bodybuilder physique they think hiding small peepee. Not sure there is a study on that one tho... :)

Yes, not a few Japanese girls have told me they perceive getting ripped at the gym as a big compensation tool. Immediately when they see a bodybuilder physique they think hiding small peepee. Not sure there is a study on that one tho... :)

I arrived in Japan at age 22 and I had been a pretty dedicated weightlifter up until that point. During one of my first weeks at the eikaiwa and meeting new students, a college bimbo asked me why I had done what I'd done to my body. "WHY ARE YOU BIG?" she asked. I answer that in America I'm definitely smaller than average (5'8). She says no, "WHY DO YOU HAVE MUSCLE? DO YOU PLAY SPORTS? ARE YOU ATHLETE?" I answer that I don't play sports (unless jerking off is a sport), and then I ask her why she's asking me about it. "BECAUSE IN JAPAN ONLY GAY MAN AND YAKUZA HAVE MUSCLE." Naturally, none of the non-Asian weightlifter teachers got grilled about this.

Mind you, this was my first couple of weeks in Japan and it was just beginning to dawn upon me that being an effeminate pussy in tight jeans, make-up and a feathered hairdo was how you scored pussy. I later brought this up with a bunch of old ladies in the "Voice" room and they confirmed it for me: If you look gay by Western standards, you're a stud in Japan; if you look like a stud by Western standards, you're gay in Japan. But as there were no good gyms with free-weights nearby, I just stopped heavy lifting, started drinking more, put on weight, grew my hair long and started dressing like an 80s queer and all of a sudden I was getting laid more. Only in Japan.

Getting back to the original theme of this thread, those “no panties cafes” must have been something to behold. I heard that they were popular in Japan back in the ‘80s.

Reactions: Sudsy
Getting back to the original theme of this thread, those “no panties cafes” must have been something to behold. I heard that they were popular in Japan back in the ‘80s.
I miss those places. There’s a lot to be said for being able to look but not touch.

Reactions: SugoiBoy
Reading this thread makes me sad because I wish I could've been here when being white was cool.

Then again, I wouldn't have gotten laid back then either but at least I could have been an attraction!

Reactions: zerosupblues
I miss the days when there were three Pink Salons in Shibuya as well as a number of Fashion Health and Ime Kura - which seemed to increase on a monthly basis.
There still are pink salons but the PS are no longer foreigner friendly. imekura have given way to niche DH which are arguably a better deal. Plenty of FH still kicking.

I miss the days when there were three Pink Salons in Shibuya as well as a number of Fashion Health and Ime Kura - which seemed to increase on a monthly basis.
What are some recommended ime kura locations? Searching “ime kura” doesn’t provide many results or is there another term that should be used?

I remember the first time having a "working vacation" in Japan and Korea for a few days some twenty years back. All I had to go on was the World Sex Guide website with posts approaching out of date status. In Busan Korea were the barber shop brothels (table bath and CFS) and fishbowls (young ladies in pink prom dresses for your FS shopping pleasure). In Japan, there were directions to take the train Yokohama's Koganecho station and walk down the alley under the train line by the river. For blocks, there were shops/houses of Chinese ladies (and the occasional Columbian) that offered 30 minutes CFS for 10,000 yen. Even with zero language skills had a blast in both countries.
-
Never did go back to Korea so no idea if it's still like that. When I came back to Japan 8 years later, the Koganecho alley was all empty. Found out in an online article later that police had started doing rounds and raiding shops pushing the businesses out to other areas of Yokohama. Now it's just super gentrified stores/restaurants along the river. The health adult area is still just five to six blocks away and I assume the Chinese shops are in the back alleys of the SL district near Hinodecho.

All I had to go on was the World Sex Guide website
My earliest posts were on the WSG and the seamlessly-linked newsgroup alt.sex.prostitution (ASP). In the Misty Past, I posted about Tokyo and Seoul a few posts about HK, Singapore and one about KL . . .

Reactions: SugoiBoy
Been talking to this girl for a few weeks, mostly over LINE etc, I've been trying to explain the changes in Japan and Tokyo in regards to the Ishihara era of the Tokyo cleansing.
As much I as I try to explain, it almost seems unfathomable that the pre-Ishihara Tokyo really existed. While I know what I'm saying is all true... it probably sounds really far fetched from someone who never got see it before it all changed.

Another thing that sparked my memory. Anyone remember the Starbucks on the main Roppongi drag (the one next to McDonalds that was on the corner, but also now gone.. replaced by 24HR Izakaya)? We used to love getting window seats on the 2nd floor late at night and just watch the crowds on the sidewalks. IIRC, someone literally smashed the plate glass doors/windows on the first floor entrance at some point.

I'm glad Tsuru Tonton has survived, but Sushizanami just next to them just recently was closed and replaced with a hostess club? or maybe host club? Didn't get a good look.
Black Horse/911 is still an empty shell and the old Gaspanic is now some host/hostess club, maybe connected with that new one where Sushizanmai was.

Reactions: DireWolf98
Now when you mentioned Roppongi how about that only ATM that served foreign dic... I mean cards at night time and how many taxi drivers immediately knew where to go when a bunch of drunken barbarians crawled in to his taxi at 3AM in different stages of drunkenness and stuttered "to Roppongi, we need more cash"?

Must have been very early 90's?

Now when you mentioned Roppongi how about that only ATM that served foreign dic... I mean cards at night time and how many taxi drivers immediately knew where to go when a bunch of drunken barbarians crawled in to his taxi at 3AM in different stages of drunkenness and stuttered "to Roppongi, we need more cash"?

Before my time.
IIRC, I always had to go my Japanese bank's ATM's which closed at certain time in the evening. I don't remember when the ATM's in the konbini became a real thing.
I could only use my American ATM card at the Japan Post machines.

Yeah, the old Citibank ATM, a 24 hour jewel in the old days when Japanese bank ATMs operated 9 to 5 and were closed on weekends. Gods have mercy on you if you got busy and forgot to withdraw cash on Friday, because almost no place accepted credit cards.

I don't remember when the ATM's in the konbini became a real thing.
Late 90s was when they started rolling them out, and they were everywhere within a few years. Honestly one of the fastest adoptions of a service I've seen in my time here.

Gods have mercy on you if you got busy and forgot to withdraw cash on Friday, because almost no place accepted credit cards.

I do you one better; the first new year I spend in Tokyo I didn't realise I need to get cash beforehand and then had like four thousand yen for the whole week banks were closed. Good times!