Japanese basketball players disgraced and sent home

warubuta

TAG Member
Reaction score
Reactions: Wwanderer and Sudsy
I concur - they were young, dumb, and totally set up for this.
I havent read everything, so I might be missing something. I agree with young and dumb, but how exactly were they set up?

I havent read everything, so I might be missing something. I agree with young and dumb, but how exactly were they set up?

The speed with which the organisers were informed of the incident points to this being a deliberate setup. Not excusing the lads in any fashion - they were idiots - but the whole thing smacks of them being targeted and subsequently exposed.

The speed with which the organisers were informed of the incident points to this being a deliberate setup. Not excusing the lads in any fashion - they were idiots - but the whole thing smacks of them being targeted and subsequently exposed.
Maybe. If you like conspiracy theories. I love the irony of them proudly wearing their team jerseys in the RLD and then a few hours later getting off the plane at Narita - all of them wearing masks. Gee guys maybe you could have thought about hiding your identity a few hours earlier, then you wouldn’t have to be hiding now....

Reactions: SugoiBoy
https://www.google.co.jp/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/asian-games-japan-basketball-prostitutes-jakarta-indonesia-sex-workers-a8498931.html?amp

What’s the opinion here on TAG re these hapless Japanese basketballers? I guess they deserve what they got. Not for availing themselves to P4P, but for taking absolutely zero precautions to conceal their activity. They were seen walking around in the RLD in their team jerseys!
happens so often to soccer players it can't even become news.

Maybe. If you like conspiracy theories. I love the irony of them proudly wearing their team jerseys in the RLD and then a few hours later getting off the plane at Narita - all of them wearing masks. Gee guys maybe you could have thought about hiding your identity a few hours earlier, then you wouldn’t have to be hiding now....
Yeah its kinda ridiculous. These people are not famous or recognisable. The only reason anyone took interest is they were wearing their team kit.

Why were they hiring women? The whole point of international sporting events is to meet fit, young, athletes from around the world and fuck.

I don't see any problem. Loss of face? Almost every japanese guy who can afford it engages in p4p or hostess (pay for talk) I find this somewhat hypocritical.

I guess it kind of reminds me of the so called controversy I hear about when people see uniformed fire fighters or police offers buying snacks in the conbini. Yeah everyone buys snacks but for some reason when you are representing an organization it's disgraceful to do normal things in public. Obviously this is a bit different but P4P is so common in Japan it does reek of hypocrisy like what LeonGRAY says. Sometimes the loudest voices are the craziest ones. I'll stop here before I go off on a rant.

Reactions: Wwanderer