Guest viewing is limited

Japanese Dating Websites

Anyone tried one of the paid dating sites lately? Thinking of giving JC or Match a go, but not sure which is the better of the two?

Just had the typical Tinder woman, talk for a couple of days, things are going OK, she asks me to suggest a day for a date, I say Sunday and 1 minute later she hits block. Can't be arsed with the games anymore, so time to find a date.

I recently tried JapanCupid. I want my damn money back. To be fair, I was only on for about a month, but I didn't get a single message from a real person. Every one of them was sakura-esque. Might have been real people, but they only wanted me to sign up on other sites to pay them money. Nothx.

I used Match back in the states, and just changed my location when I came here. Not sure if signing up at jp.match will put you into a different database or not, so can't advise there.

Ill try doing JC and see what I figure out.

Last edited:
how is JC so far? it used to good, but i found recently that there are not enough female members

I tried JC and I only talked to one person and I sent countless messages and only one reply

Hello again. I've also found another interesting website where you can hatch some kind of digimon egg when you send or receive mails (do not ask me why...)

http://www.digicafe.jp/

What is also interesting about this site is that there are the normal encounter version and there is the sex/fwb encounter version. In order to see the "underground" version of this website, if you click the ウラに切替 icon next to you user name on the right top corner of the digicafe homepage. I think this is kind oh hilarious and unique in a adult dating site.

Check it out :)

I've registered to this site out of curiosity, today.

As soon as I registered, I received offers via private messages from about 6 different women, all calling me by my username. The offers range from visiting onsens together to explicit sexual intercourses.
All out of nowhere. I've replied to only one in order to see how it goes but, obviously, all of them are scams in order to make me consume/order points.

Did you guys have some luck with this website?

Reactions: KumaDog
I can't read it but.......what else is new. I'm curious to know what happens though.

Hey guys is saw that people they start to use now (removed) which is a free online dating website and i saw many Japanese girls and guys that they have listed their profile. Is not like others dating sites, with robots and fake profiles. I suggest you to give it a try, you never know what will come up.Here you can click an go straight away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone spell spam?

Reactions: Desktop
Your site has zero listings in Japan, Tonyy. Please take your spam elsewhere. Thanks.

I ended up signing up for Match, but haven't really used it since I signed up as I've been busy with Golden Week things.

The one thing I have noticed is that they signed me up for the international version of it, not the Japanese version, so looks like it's a bit of a scam. There are loads more women on the Japanese site, so I think I will be complaining to them about this. Not sure how Match asks you to sign up to Match, and then splits their site into different regions.

If you are in Japan you are automatically directed to Match Japan's site. Did you sign up outside the country?

Nope, signed up after I got here, so not sure why they stuck me on the international version.

Just seems a scam, splitting the women across multiple sites. Join Match, have access to a subset of our ladies was never the marketing message I remember.

I signed up with the site years ago. So I knew it well. No scam, they are licensed in Japan but maybe putting it in English is an issue. I'm sure I just did the Japanese sign up.
I'd recommend doing that.
I'm not associated with them but I know I couldn't access the U.S. members from Tokyo.

I don't recommend Match.
First of all, the UI sucks. It has some bugs too.
I'm registered on the japanese version and you have too few potential dates.
Women there just wait.

I've started OKCupid recently (the app version) and the UI is wonderful.
Lots of profiles too with good looking women.
Unfortunately (for me), all of them seem to be wanting to communicate exclusively in English.
I just hate it. I prefer real japanese women who speak japanese.

As for Digicafe, I'm receiving loads of appealing offers.
I suspect they just want to make me buy points because it's too good to be true, really.
To confirm that, I went on users reviews in Japanese and most of the guys there complained about the amount of scams.

I still have some luck with Waplog (the app) since I got a date with a cute 19 yo today (she wants a serious relationship).
But you really have to contact every single girl there if you want some result.
Quite time consuming ... but anyway, I have no others things to do in the train.

But honestly, at 43, it becomes harder to find younger women on dating sites/apps.

Reactions: just4fun
OKCupid is strange. In Japan the women on OKCupid show very little interest in actually meeting up. In the States, however, it seems that quite a few people use it for short-term relationships.

I think the character and "population" of such websites varies quite a lot from one place to another. For example, Seeking Arrangement is very different in Manhattan and Tokyo in my experience. I guess there is no reason they would necessarily be the same when you think about it.

-Ww

No update here since last year? Well, here is few sites free and fruitful results.
Message Bird app
I got few chicks from here from all over Japan, still a free site but strict on rules which they fixed to participate in, don't use dirty lang don't asked for a direct date, don't ask line Kakao etc if you smart you could get it anyway:wink:
Japan Guide com
Be sure to log in on free friends pen pall classified ad, as this site have another option where you need to spend your's yens. Chicks of all ages there and I got a lot of fun from there.
Recently I'm using Mail Paka, it's a chat rooms site inJapanese if your Japanese level or reading writing even hiragana it's took little time but you can get for what you log in there, till now I got one from there.
Have fun and keep updating here.

Reactions: Ettore2011
I've registered to this site out of curiosity, today.

As soon as I registered, I received offers via private messages from about 6 different women, all calling me by my username. The offers range from visiting onsens together to explicit sexual intercourses.
All out of nowhere. I've replied to only one in order to see how it goes but, obviously, all of them are scams in order to make me consume/order points.

Did you guys have some luck with this website?

It sounds like another site I signed up to when I first got here. All kinds of private messages. Some where hilarious. "I wait for you at family mart, in your town, so we can hook up. My husband on trip, I am soooo horny" All about the point loads I guess.

I usually just go into a cafe or shop and lick my eyebrows a couple of times... Girls line up. Darnedest thing. ;)

I see how everyone use worldwide known services, but any luck with japanese date sites? Like, there are tons of them
Jメール、メルパラ、ワクワクメール、ハッピーメール、イクヨクルヨ、アソボ and etc. Saw them recommended a number of times at japanese yahoo answers and wondered why they weren't mentioned here.
Found some complaint posts too, though as we know shit happens everywhere.

I think Happy Mail is pretty popular. I signed up for it, but haven't really gotten around to using it much (my Japanese is still pretty iffy).

I would be VERY careful signing up for a random dating site. I signed up for another one a while back, and it was one of my worst experiences with dating sites ever. I never gave them any money, thankfully. They'd send me like 15-20 'sakura' emails a day, wanting me to buy credits to talk with these hot Japanese girls. After the first few days, I emailed them and told them to cut it out, so they signed me up for a different site that was essentially the same thing with a different domain name. This went on for a few weeks, where every few days if I didn't buy credits I'd start getting sakura emails from a different site. Finally I did a DNS lookup on their domain names, and forwarded every single email I'd received from them to the spam abuse email address for their domains. It stopped pretty soon after that.

I used Jmail before. I don't particularly recommend it. Same scenario: a ton of msgs at signup but mostly junk, the very common daily msgs from spambots and then the few times I did get a response it wasnt what I wanted sigh

Here is an example of a scheduling conflict that can naturally come up, when you are dating Japanese women.

2 Japanese women asked to meet me on Sunday. I will likely have to reschedule or cancel one of them.

It's not necessarily that I'm doing anything wrong, it's just timing.

If I meet both on Sunday, from experience, it has to be 5 to 6 hours apart for it to work effectively. Like meet one at 1pm and the other at 7pm.

And that's where it gets problematic with Japanese women.

1) You can be all happy that it's going be a double fun day, and BOTH of them suddenly cancel or seek to reschedule.

Completely destroying my free time on Sunday. And I could have made other plans in that time slot. Canceling at the last second is inconsiderate and rude.

Many Japanese women are UNRELIABLE. Or, she wants you as the guy to be reliable for her, while she is unreliable to the guy.

2) 1 of them doesn't like the earlier time rescheduling and we go back and forth with agreeing on a new day. So if not Sunday, next week or 2 weeks later.

And that 1 week or 2 weeks later date, can easily get canceled with Japanese women.

Women will also have OTHER guys on their schedule. They don't admit to it though, but that is where "busy" often comes from. An excuse for her to hide what she is doing.

With Japanese women, scheduling can be very hard. They tend not to offer reasonable alternative time slots or will push the meeting date out to weeks later.

3) If you don't have multiple women, sex can be very infrequent, unless you live with the Japanese woman or she is a co-worker/neighbor.

This is something that often goes unmentioned about LOW sexual frequency in Japan.

A "busy" Japanese woman may only see her guy 1x a week. And remember she has her period for one week in the month. That can be sex only 3x in an entire month.

So many guys in Japan need multiple girlfriends to have normal sexual frequency (2x to 4x a week) or they BUY women.

4) Too many Japanese women, if they think they don't have any female competition, can STOP having sex or start doing very low frequency.

This is an extremely common scenario in Japan. Japan has the highest level of sexLESS couples among industrialized countries.

Part of this is linked to the WEIRD thinking of many Japanese women. They will have mass quantities of sex with a guy, if they think you are popular with other women and the relationship is NEW. But once they think they got the guy only for themselves, they start to using sex as a weapon of control or feel it's burdensome.

I can't count the number of guys who are married or living with Japanese women that must sneak out and cheat to get sex, because their woman isn't putting out enough.

And sometimes the Japanese woman is just plain bored with having sex with the same guy. She likes his money or looks, so stays in the relationship, but she has other lovers on the side. She has sex with her main guy only 1x a week, while playing with other guys on the side.

You seem to be a pro. How do I start with the PUA stuff? I'd like to expand my horizon in Tokyo.