Guest viewing is limited

Japanese Dating Websites

Tried Waplog for the first time. I don't have anything else than wechat. Within 2 days I get a 19 year old "college student" telling me she wants to meet me tonight. I couldn't and put her off. She asks me why I can't meet tonight. I later tell her I might be able to meet tomorrow. She then says no time but said "I want to meet you so much."
Needless to say, I'm proceeding with caution.

It's not so much the rejection that affects me - I'm used to rejection, that's part of the game. It's the fact that after four months of bi-weekly emails (and I mean really really long messages entirely in Japanese that took me about two hours each to type, check the grammar, check the kanjis and everything), after two dates of approximately 6 hours each, after paying for everything during these two dates, I don't even register high enough in their esteem to warrant a short notice like "Sorry I won't be able to make it this time." or "Sorry I've met someone so I'd rather we don't see each other anymore" or something like that. It's the same story everytime so it feels like hitting my head against a brick wall.

But anyway I've closed all my accounts with OKCupid, Japancupid and whatnot. You're right, dating without interpersonal skills is a waste of time. I've never dated in my life before coming to Japan and in addition to that I'm being thrown against a wall of radically different cultural expectations. A date feels too much like a very long job interview to me. And like a job interview, once it's over you're never going to get an honest reply, let alone an explanations of what you did wrong anyway so it's very hard to improve yourself.

Well, sorry but you were doing it the wrong way from start to end.

1. never waste time by email before meeting face to face (one or two short emails max.)

2. never pay for everything (you're looking like you're trying to buy her)

3. if your Japanese isn't that good, then target the girls who master English (there are loads of them)

4. get used to the Japanese way of doing things (adapt or suffer .... which do you choose?)

Tried Waplog for the first time. I don't have anything else than wechat. Within 2 days I get a 19 year old "college student" telling me she wants to meet me tonight. I couldn't and put her off. She asks me why I can't meet tonight. I later tell her I might be able to meet tomorrow. She then says no time but said "I want to meet you so much."
Needless to say, I'm proceeding with caution.
You're going to have to get her/him/it an itunes/amazon card before you meet I betcha.

You can't really put an email limit of two emails with everyone.
Moving from online within chat to at least phone calls, or sms is good.
Over a week no interest in meeting or phone calls just chat she's just being nice or wants a chat buddy to feel good from the real guy that she's in love with.
This is a common scenario but I still think the way a lady cuts a guy here is just cold hearted.

You're going to have to get her/him/it an itunes/amazon card before you meet I betcha.
Interesting. That certainly won't happen. She invited me to move over to Line the first day but I declined since I don't have it. I wonder if that is any indicator of anything. She's not really pretty nor someone I'd go out with when I was 19, however, her pictures she sent check out under image search.

1. never waste time by email before meeting face to face (one or two short emails max.)

3. if your Japanese isn't that good, then target the girls who master English (there are loads of them)

4. get used to the Japanese way of doing things (adapt or suffer .... which do you choose?)

There's only one invariable rule for pursuing relationships with women, Japanese or otherwise. Namely, there are no reliable rules or patterns (not even in @Solong's many lists).

I have had sweet sweet connections with Japanese women that violate each and every item on your list.

That said and fwiiw, I think the points on your list are increasingly valid/wise as you go down the list.

But my overall advice would be to play each situation by ear and instinct and as though it were unique because....well, because it is.

-Ww

Well, I'm trying waplog and it's almost one month now, in one month I have 49 friends ( chosen carefully ) may be in 100/1 is normal user other are just fake IDs or internet business mostly request for KIK to chat no fruitful result yet,in touch with a Japanese girl who already on world tour we start to chat when she was in Thai and heading for Malaysia and she is agreed to meet when she come back to Japan! Let's see as my departure dates near when she arrive here.

When registering for Line, if the wife already has line, does she get notification of my registration (cross-referenced though phone number)? And if so, could she see who else I'm connected with on Line?

Last edited:
Yes anyone in your phone book and having Line appear on line friends now it's on you who you want make contact, no one else can seen your friends but if you use time line any your comment or sharing read by other time line user.

When registering for Line, if the wife already has line, does she get notification of my registration (cross-referenced though phone number)? And if so, could she see who else I'm connected with on Line?

I think she'd have to add you as a friend to see anything, and even the only things she'd see would be whatever is in your Timeline. All the Chat stuff is private to my knowledge. Just make sure that if you are screwing around that whoever you are communicating with doesn't post or comment on your timeline.

My recommendation, DO NOT use same LINE account for everyday and private stuff. Open two accounts on two different devices (i.e. keitai and tablet) and decide who goes where. I did it myself, never regretted.

I think LINE has some "secret chat" feature which causes conversations to disappear from your device (and maybe from the LINE servers??) after some set period of time. I think you can also have "hidden contacts". I have not tried either, but clearly there are many people who want/need to keep some of their LINE conversations private.

-Ww

I've tried that but every time they want more time exchanging emails before they would consider meeting me. On average it took more than a month every time. In that specific case the email exchanges went on after the first date and then after the second.

I have to plead ignorance on this. Where I come from men are expected to pay. My Japanese teacher (I take private lessons once a week) who always tries to fix me up with some of her friends told me it's very important to pay in Japan or else the woman won't even consider seeing you again. I don't know who to believe.

I have passed N3 so I'm in between N3 and N2, meaning not that good but not complete beginner either. I know I would date a woman whose English or French is only intermediate if she seems committed to improving her language skills. I thought some non-English speaking women might give me a chance. Again maybe I'm wrong on this.

I think it's more complicated than that. You get used to some of the stuff but some of it you can't be expected to get used to it, nor should you I think. I once had a date with a girl who wouldn't stop using her cellphone in front of me, like messaging her friends and stuff. I know a lot of Japanese people do that, in fact I often see young couples going on a date and not even looking at each other. Well it may be cultural but I'm sorry, it stinks. I pretended I had to go to the bathroom and left the place. Some things I won't accept.

I've tried that but every time they want more time exchanging emails before they would consider meeting me.

Every time?

In my case such girls are like 5~10% of the first contacts and, if they request more exchanges, I simply forget about them and move on. Because these kind of girls are the worst : coward and insecure on too many levels.
On the other side, maybe your profile isn't detailed enough ... which would explain their request.

I have to plead ignorance on this. Where I come from men are expected to pay. My Japanese teacher (I take private lessons once a week) who always tries to fix me up with some of her friends told me it's very important to pay in Japan or else the woman won't even consider seeing you again. I don't know who to believe.

Your Japanese teacher is half right.
From my experience, the bitchy/dumb ones will expect you to pay.
The ones who have some pride and self-esteem simply won't.
Actually, in my case, it's the easiest way to determine what kind of girl she is from the very first date.
Sorry but no free lunch with me.
She earns a salary just like me, she is then supposed to be able to pay for her meal, like any adult.
Even the 19 y.o I dated recently always insisted that she paid her part.

You have to keep in mind that the Japanese men love to pay for everything in order to counterbalance their lack of communication skills.
Not only that, they love to feel superior to their girls. Paternalism rules here.
But fortunately, the girls I date just hate that.
You simply have to find them.

I have passed N3 so I'm in between N3 and N2, meaning not that good but not complete beginner either. I know I would date a woman whose English or French is only intermediate if she seems committed to improving her language skills. I thought some non-English speaking women might give me a chance. Again maybe I'm wrong on this.

Sorry but N3, N2 etc. doesn't mean anything when it comes to real communication in Japanese.
But for sure (I've seen it quite a lot), non english speaking girls who are not too interested in learning English would date a guy like you. Again, you simply have to find them.

I think it's more complicated than that. You get used to some of the stuff but some of it you can't be expected to get used to it, nor should you I think. I once had a date with a girl who wouldn't stop using her cellphone in front of me, like messaging her friends and stuff. I know a lot of Japanese people do that, in fact I often see young couples going on a date and not even looking at each other. Well it may be cultural but I'm sorry, it stinks. I pretended I had to go to the bathroom and left the place. Some things I won't accept.

None of my date never ever dared to play with their phone in front of me during the last 20 years.
It's not considered normal in Japan. It's considered rude here as well.
So, you did the right thing and I would have done the same.

Every time?
In my case such girls are like 5~10% of the first contacts and, if they request more exchanges, I simply forget about them and move on. Because these kind of girls are the worst : coward and insecure on too many levels.
On the other side, maybe your profile isn't detailed enough ... which would explain their request.

My profile was VERY detailed, with everything translated into Japanese. I think as a result of that I got a lot of messages from the brainier, older women (meaning in their thirties) who like to talk and talk and talk. I got into lengthy conversations about art, literature, film, music, history, stuff I could write about if I took the time to search the vocabulary but which was much more difficult for me to talk about once I met them in person. So maybe the actual date was a letdown as the conversation wasn't as interesting as the emails.

The one girl with whom it worked was the opposite of that, about 10 years younger than me, very quiet and not interested at all in any of the stuff I'm interested in. The only problem is that once we were done with the sex we really had nothing to talk about and it became a chore just having her around so I had to break up with her.

My profile was VERY detailed, with everything translated into Japanese. I think as a result of that I got a lot of messages from the brainier, older women (meaning in their thirties) who like to talk and talk and talk. I got into lengthy conversations about art, literature, film, music, history, stuff I could write about if I took the time to search the vocabulary but which was much more difficult for me to talk about once I met them in person. So maybe the actual date was a letdown as the conversation wasn't as interesting as the emails.

The one girl with whom it worked was the opposite of that, about 10 years younger than me, very quiet and not interested at all in any of the stuff I'm interested in. The only problem is that once we were done with the sex we really had nothing to talk about and it became a chore just having her around so I had to break up with her.

I don't mind "talk and talk and talk" as long as it is face to face.
That's where you failed to impose your rules.

As for the younger one, my bet is that you failed to adjust to her level.
It looks like you love deep/brainy discussions but for a girl like her, simply joking and discussing lighter topics would have done the trick.

If you were a little bit more "flexible" on that very specific aspect, you wouldn't be alone now.

Just my opinion, of course.

Another reason I never allow a girl to waste my time online is the fact that they will start bluidling a false/imaginary image of you mail after mail.
Then, when they meet you in the end, the image they have built up gets shattered by the real you.
It's pratically unavoidable.
That's why the girls who are used to online dating will want to meet you pretty quickly.

As for the younger one, my bet is that you failed to adjust to her level.
It looks like you love deep/brainy discussions but for a girl like her, simply joking and discussing lighter topics would have done the trick.

If you were a little bit more "flexible" on that very specific aspect, you wouldn't be alone now.

Well I have actually had this dilemma my whole life: do I prefer being alone or with someone I don't really like, knowing a large chunk of my precious free time will be wasted on boring chit chat and dinners... I haven't solved that dilemma yet. Maybe in a few months I will regret breaking up with her but if I hadn't then I would probably have cursed myself for not getting rid of her while it was still time.

You can archive people & conversations on Line.
I've hidden the profiles of exes immediately so I don't have to see their timeline etc.

I think LINE has some "secret chat" feature which causes conversations to disappear from your device (and maybe from the LINE servers??) after some set period of time. I think you can also have "hidden contacts". I have not tried either, but clearly there are many people who want/need to keep some of their LINE conversations private.

-Ww

Reactions: meiji
"met" a girl on OK Cupid.....that is, switching to e-mail after a number of exchanges on the site..... she kept sending photos with each mail.....and then!!
this message...... Her profile said she was american on vacation in Tokyo....but her English skills were lacking....but the content of this message smells like scam big time: enjoy!
"
Baby , i got the information from my working colleagues back in FL. This issue is really frustrating me so much , my step brothers want me dead , this is the reason why decided to run out from my country to go on this vacation here in japan.
The most nagging problem is that my late dad supplied oil pipe to Petronas Oil Limited in Malaysia when he was alive. The Petronas Oil Limited was indebted to him.
I got this information through his lawyer in Malaysia and since then i have been working round the clock to make ensure that they credited the payment to me.
I have so many limitations to follow it up and i do not want my step brothers to know about this because they are ready to kill anytime.
That is the main reason why i traveled here in Japan to ensure that the payment is a reality.
The Petronas are responding well and want to credit to credit the payment to me because i was a beneficiary to the Contract. Now my step brothers want me dead, they went to my working station , droping all kinds of threatening messages ...
Baby, I need your advice, I really don’t know what to do. Am unhappy at the present moment .."

"met" a girl on OK Cupid.....that is, switching to e-mail after a number of exchanges on the site..... she kept sending photos with each mail.....and then!!
this message...... Her profile said she was american on vacation in Tokyo....but her English skills were lacking....but the content of this message smells like scam big time: enjoy!

I've seen many of these and similar types of messages on JapanCupid before. They are quite annoying but easily detectable. Some of the main features of these are:

- profile is poorly written, with usually one sentence in Describe Yourself field
- girl is usually of outstanding beauty located in US or SouthEast Asia
- conversation goes too smooth toward sexual related topics.
- if you have impression that her writing has nothing to do with your answers you are probably right. Try being rude with her or insult her and you will see that it will not influence her "interest" in you at all.
- Their English was sometimes quite bad for someone who claims to be born and raised in NY for example.

Climax comes in a form of the copy/paste message where she suggests that you should continue conversation elsewhere using some suspicious chat clients or websites.

Usually administrators take care of these kind of profiles, however sometimes they slip away just to be slaughtered by good Samaritans like me :happy:

Beat "her" to the punch and say you need $900 USD wired because you phone card is low on minutes so you won't be able to respond after the card gives out. See what type of response you get then.

Hi all,

I’m a new member here. I am 35, Greek Cypriot, lived in the US, UK, Thailand 4 ½ years, now China 2 years and will be in Japan for a month (6 June – 5 July) to attend a conference at Kobe and then travel around. No route planned yet, but I want to see all of Japan and I am flying out of Okinawa. I have a typical Greek/Italian look, 5’ 6’’ (169cm), short black hair, not the tall blonde type Asian girls fantasize about. I have done well with in Thailand and China (I have been with very many women, but it’s not like all I have to do is exist and they jump from trees to be with me – I invest the effort, though proudly enough, not money J) but Japan is different and I will not live there so I don’t have the luxury of time. I have never been to Japan before and I do not speak Japanese at all, but I can find a Japanese person to translate for me and help me set up a profile if it’s available only in Japanese. Which are the best sites/apps for hook ups/casual sex with (single or married) women (of any age)?

I read the posts here. Some say digicafe is good. Some say it’s a scam. How is it NOW? Some suggest Megrim. I clicked it – bad gateway, I guess it doesn’t exist anymore? How about these Dream Realize

http://dr.to/, 全日本愛人不倫クラブ http://www.aijinfurin.com/, イククレ – are they good for sex now or best avoid? I became a member of Ashley Madison for Japan and I read both good and bad things here and don’t know if it’s worth paying to get laid from there. Japan Cupid – I read both good and bad here. The posts are old though. Google talks about relationship apps like Japan Cupid but not hook up/casual sex sites and apps. Does Hornymatches work in Japan? What’s the status of all these apps and sites NOW?

Which are the best sites and apps for sex in Japan NOW?

What I can say is that most of the profiles on Digicafe are fake while on Japan Cupid as far as I can tell all the women I've interacted with were real. Most of them were looking for serious relationships though and very few spoke any English. OKCupid, Tinder and Happn have more English speakers. For some reason the women I've met through OKCupid were uglier. Tinder seems more geared towards casual sex since the app doesn't let you add criteria to your research. Since most of the profiles are empty you're just basing your decision to like someone on physical appearance. I have not tried anything else and so I can't comment.