Guest viewing is limited

Japanese names that are deal breakers

majimekun

TAG Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about real names.

Are there names that you'd avoid completely for some specific reason?

In my case, I couldn't seriously date someone whose name is Mami.
I just can't stand that name, and in French it has the meaning of something like "aunt".

Also I would never date someone whose name is Asuka because it was the name of an ex of mine who died while we were together. Dating someone with that name would feel too wrong.

But might be different in different region, I imagine.

There’s only one Japanese name that’s truly off the books for me.

Shintaro Ishihara.

Mothafuckin’ Shintaro Ishihara.

I'm not a fan of the one syllable (or really short) names for Japanese girls (like "Rin"). I feel like a name should be a bit longer. Three syllables sounds good to my ears.

But yeah that's not gonna stop me from trying to smash if she's hot. Or even borderline fuckable for that matter.

Reactions: MikeH
All the girls I've been with named Manami have been great. Every girl named Yumi always left a bad taste in my mouth so I avoid anyone named Yumi.

Once a long time ago I was in a ramen place in Roppongi late at night and everyone was pretty drunk. Anyway, I sat down at the counter next to a pretty young J girl and I asked her name. She said, "My name is Ikuyo! It means I'm coming!" I thought that was pretty funny.

There’s only one Japanese name that’s truly off the books for me.

Shintaro Ishihara.

Mothafuckin’ Shintaro Ishihara.
He hates Americans because American fighter planes shot at him for fun on Zushi beach when he was a little kid. He still has a place in Zushi as far as I know. I was driving through the area once and I saw him walking along the road. Even if I’d had a gun I wouldn’t have shot at him like the fighter pilots did. The Buta is basically non-violent. But if I had a Slurpee, I might have thrown it at him.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2...-recalls-strafing-by-u-s-planes/#.XTp2wyWRXDs

But if I had a Slurpee, I might have thrown it at him.

I have met him a couple of times and I do have to admit he has a talent of speaking to people, both as a speaker in front of a crowd as well as individually in social events.

The fact that I was against pretty much everything he did as a governor of Tokyo does not take anything out of that. And throwing anything on him, except maybe a bottle of diesel, would be a waste.

Reactions: Majestyk
He hates Americans because American fighter planes shot at him for fun on Zushi beach when he was a little kid.
And this is why, if you’re going to shoot at someone, you’d better fucking kill them.

Reactions: MikeH
And this is why, if you’re going to shoot at someone, you’d better fucking kill them.

And this is why you should be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors... and miss.

And this is why you should be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors... and miss.
Unfortunately tax collectors are organized crime. To stand a chance in the mexican standoff with them, you need your own big gang.

I don't think a name really matters. If you get dumped by or disgusted by a Kaori ofc you gonna dislike all future kaori's. I think that's natural.

Filipinas with weird english names now THAT'S a turnoff.

Or koreans who use second english (christian) name instead of their original korean name.

Shinzo, Taro, Tsukasa, Hiroyuki, Tadashi... so many in fact. I must be really picky! :)

Reactions: Negi77
I'm talking about real names.

Are there names that you'd avoid completely for some specific reason?

In my case, I couldn't seriously date someone whose name is Mami.
I just can't stand that name, and in French it has the meaning of something like "aunt".

Also I would never date someone whose name is Asuka because it was the name of an ex of mine who died while we were together. Dating someone with that name would feel too wrong.

Mami in French is grandma, not aunt. Unless things have changed a lot while I lived here :)

Reactions: DireWolf98
Mami in French is grandma, not aunt. Unless things have changed a lot while I lived here :)

Yeah I've been away from France far too long it seems (which is a good thing).
And I've never been a family guy anyway.

Calling your girlfriend "grandma" is still kind of bothering.