Japanese Names

zer0ed

Norberto
Reaction score
I'm sure all you p4p folk have come across all sorts of "stage names", which pretty much come in all sort of permutations. Unfortunately they are mostly in kana which takes away a lot of the meaning behind it. So I'm interested in some of the unique or beautiful Japanese names you have come across along with a short explaination. For example I really like:

Shion (紫音/しおん) literally translated as "purple sound" which actually is part of the name for 紫音花 (しおんばな/shionbana) which is the Sino-Japanese term for Hydrangea and more commonly called アジサイ (ajisai).

Ok I have to correct myself (darn edit time limit). I think it's referring to another flower, and he kanji doesn't seem right either. I got this from a recent conversation and decided to look it up and either It was explained or understood incorrectly. Boo :(

There's a SM shop in Shibuya with a Mistress called 空条卑弥呼 (Kujo Hitomi) because she loves very much 空条承太郎 (Kujo Jotaro), the main character of Jojo season 3.
So not only did she choose the same kanji as him for "Kujo", she also turned the common name "Hitomi" (that is usually written with only 1 or 2 kanji) into a 3 kanji party, just like the way "Jotaro" is written. She also choosed a combination of very unusual kanji that fits her job very well considering it would be something along the line of "calling for extreme dirtiness".

I am a bit in love with Jotaro too, so when i learnt about it i thought it was quite cool.

Shion (紫音/しおん) literally translated as "purple sound" which actually is part of the name for 紫音花 (しおんばな/shionbana) which is the Sino-Japanese term for Hydrangea and more commonly called アジサイ (ajisai).
Could be 紫苑/しおん, the aster flower?
Which means in flower language "I won't forget you" (probably only if you keep shimei-ing her, though)

Could be 紫苑/しおん, the aster flower?
Which means in flower language "I won't forget you" (probably only if you keep shimei-ing her, though)
Yeah that's what I found too! Didn't know the flower language though, very interesting!