Guest viewing is limited

Japanese phrase for when you want to leave the LH and come back?

biku

TAG Member
Reaction score
What's the proper Japanese phrase you tell the reception of a LH that you're going out for a bit but you'll be back? I know not all LH allows it, but for the ones that do.

I've done this only once before and I got the message across despite my not-so-great Japanese, but would really like to know how to ask this properly.

ちょっと出かける、すぐ戻ります。
(I'm stepping out for a bit, be back soon)

Reactions: biku
All the above are great. In addition, I suggest the bingo word to ascertain what you mean is 外出 (gaishutsu).
いまから外出します。

Gochisoo sama deshita
I think this is best expressed after your companion for the time span leaves.
Bonus points if the hotel clerk is a woman and you can get eye contact.

All the above are great. In addition, I suggest the bingo word to ascertain what you mean is 外出 (gaishutsu).
いまから外出します。

Though if you say just that they would be like fuck he left now. :D:eek:

コンドムは二箱も終わったので少し友達から借りに行くけど、すぐ戻ります。

Though if you say just that they would be like fuck he left now. :D:eek:

コンドムは二箱も終わったので少し友達から借りに行くけど、すぐ戻ります。
It's the language they use in their policy book though...I wouldn't think you needed to mention coming back...but well, I mean there is never any harm in saying すぐ戻ります or even taking care of it all saying 行ってきます.

However, 「なんでコンビニで買うことじゃなく、友達から借りてる?怪しいところに行くな」seems like that right reply to the rest there. :D

However, 「なんでコンビニで買うことじゃなく、友達から借りてる?怪しいところに行くな」seems like that right reply to the rest there. :D

And that is exactly the reaction you are hoping from the cute receptionist. Because that is the time to whip it out and slam it to the desk to assert dominance. :eek:

#TeamPasante

And that is exactly the reaction you are hoping from the cute receptionist. Because that is the time to whip it out and slam it to the desk to assert dominance. :eek:

#TeamPasante
I am proud of my pecker, but I do not know if I have the confidence that it will "slam" the desk like a magnitude 8.0 earthquake as you have made me envision.
More like a "doink," and hopefully she thinks it's cute enough to hand me my 外出 card instead of calling the cops?

I am not sure though going through 2 whole boxes of condoms in a short time lh stay with one female is something to brag about. You may earn the moniker minute man. Now if you brought 5 girls with you then yeah for sure…;)

Reactions: Cinnabums and MikeH
I am not sure though going through 2 whole boxes of condoms in a short time lh stay with one female is something to brag about. You may earn the moniker minute man. Now if you brought 5 girls with you then yeah for sure…;)

What do you mean short time? That phrase is used when you go out the first time after checking in the previous week. ;)

Reactions: CharlieSimms
途中外出はできますか?すぐ戻ります。

途中外出 (going out in the middle of ...) is the word often used by LHs.

Reactions: Kawap and biku
I didn’t know there was such etiquette with LHs, I’d have just left. But I can’t think of a reason why I’d leave . Forgot to go to the atm??