Guest viewing is limited

Japanese women hitting on gaijin men?

Gojira

TAG Member
Reaction score
How common or uncommon is it for Japanese women to hit on gaijin men? Any stories/experiences you could share about this? Should I always expect to be doing all of the approaching?

Context is a bit important here. Approaching you randomly in the street or on a night out? She's either looking for a free night out or she's weird enough that Japanese guys steer clear of her and she's trying her luck with thirsty foreign guys. You are going to have to put in some work if you want to pick up women, they aren't going to line up to suck your golden gaijin cock.

When it comes to having women flirt with me it's usually the result of them being more socially comfortable like a friend of my friends at a party or somebody living in the neighborhood that I've seen often around or at community events. That said, context applies again because one of my buddies is a well known foreign youtuber in Japan and he gets random girls coming up to him all the time. So I guess YMMV.

That said, context applies again because one of my buddies is a well known foreign youtuber in Japan and he gets random girls coming up to him all the time. So I guess YMMV.

Wouldn't he happen to be the guy that everyone is jokingly saying he's gay in the comment section of the YT video would it? :p

How common or uncommon is it for Japanese women to hit on gaijin men? Any stories/experiences you could share about this? Should I always expect to be doing all of the approaching?

It really depends on how sexually attractive you are. Japanese women like to fuck, same as any other race or gender.

Generally speaking, in Tokyo yes it is common.

Context is a bit important here. Approaching you randomly in the street or on a night out? She's either looking for a free night out or she's weird enough that Japanese guys steer clear of her and she's trying her luck with thirsty foreign guys. You are going to have to put in some work if you want to pick up women, they aren't going to line up to suck your golden gaijin cock.

When it comes to having women flirt with me it's usually the result of them being more socially comfortable like a friend of my friends at a party or somebody living in the neighborhood that I've seen often around or at community events. That said, context applies again because one of my buddies is a well known foreign youtuber in Japan and he gets random girls coming up to him all the time. So I guess YMMV.

Gotta agree with this. It all depends on the situation and the location. When i'm walking to work, on the train, having lunch....never happens. Most Japanese woman try to avoid me if anything for the perceived fear I'LL HIT ON THEM. oh the irony.

BUT....If i'm at a social event (work party, local festival, language exchange) or a bar/club, happens often enough. I was at a bar/karaoke last month and had no less than 5 Japanese woman hit on me. Singing the one inka song I knew and the freely flowing drinks i'm sure didn't hurt either lol.

That said getting hit on doesn't mean shit. Its up to you to still seal the deal. If you can't maintain the ladies interest, in the end it doesn't matter who started the conversation.

Gotta agree with this. It all depends on the situation and the location. When i'm walking to work, on the train, having lunch....never happens. Most Japanese woman try to avoid me if anything for the perceived fear I'LL HIT ON THEM. oh the irony.

BUT....If i'm at a social event (work party, local festival, language exchange) or a bar/club, happens often enough. I was at a bar/karaoke last month and had no less than 5 Japanese woman hit on me. Singing the one inka song I knew and the freely flowing drinks i'm sure didn't hurt either lol.

That said getting hit on doesn't mean shit. Its up to you to still seal the deal. If you can't maintain the ladies interest, in the end it doesn't matter who started the conversation.
The Japanese woman who hit on you after your Inka song wasn’t Japanese. She was a Pre-Colombian Bolivian. The bowler derby might have given you a clue as to her true identity.

Reactions: MikeH
Should I always expect to be doing all of the approaching?

Yes. Waiting for women to approach is weak.

You *might* find situations where they will approach. Parties, events, etc as people have mentioned. But if they do approach you it's rarely an actually attractive women. Attractive women basically never approach because they don't have to.

So yes, man up and approach

Yes. Waiting for women to approach is weak.

You *might* find situations where they will approach. Parties, events, etc as people have mentioned. But if they do approach you it's rarely an actually attractive women. Attractive women basically never approach because they don't have to.

So yes, man up and approach

I know several attractive men that get hit on by attractive women.

....and?

The question was "Should I always expect to do the approaching." The answer is still yes, despite your several attractive men that sometimes get hit on by attractive women. Living your life waiting for women is weak and passive, even if you happen to be in the small % who gets approached by legitimately attractive women. It's the man's role to approach.

Reactions: Merica
Happens to me all the time , it’s a curse really, they’re too intrusive . I should be less attractive :D

Happens to me all the time , it’s a curse really, they’re too intrusive . I should be less attractive :D

But you know that is impossible! Even if you'd dress down and tried to look ugly they'd still come after your captivating personality.

But you know that is impossible! Even if you'd dress down and tried to look ugly they'd still come after your captivating personality.
And propose some cash right on the spot... so insulting ...

It's the man's role to approach.
In 1950 maybe.
Come on man, its 2019, come join us in the real world. As long as you arent a weirdo skulking about roppongi leering at women, you’ll notice that females have things like jobs, responsibilities and free-will now. They arent objects for men to prey on. They actively go after guys same as guys go after them.
I know Japan is a bit behind a lot of western cultures on th.... oh wait, that is why you are here, isnt it?

In 1950 maybe.
Come on man, its 2019, come join us in the real world. As long as you arent a weirdo skulking about roppongi leering at women, you’ll notice that females have things like jobs, responsibilities and free-will now. They arent objects for men to prey on. They actively go after guys same as guys go after them.
I know Japan is a bit behind a lot of western cultures on th.... oh wait, that is why you are here, isnt it?

Nice straw man and random ad hominem (With a nicely bundled attack on Japanese culture as "backwards")

I think you misunderstood. I am not saying how I wish the world is. I would love nothing more than to be approached by endless streams of beautiful women. But this is not reality. This is pretty much the same experience as 98% of foreigners I speak to and I suspect it we run a poll here it would be the same.

"Sit around and wait to be approached" is a weak, passive strategy. Do you do this with your career and fitness as well? "I'll wait until the gym/promotion comes to me..."

Nice straw man and random ad hominem (With a nicely bundled attack on Japanese culture as "backwards")

I think you misunderstood. I am not saying how I wish the world is. I would love nothing more than to be approached by endless streams of beautiful women. But this is not reality. This is pretty much the same experience as 98% of foreigners I speak to and I suspect it we run a poll here it would be the same.

"Sit around and wait to be approached" is a weak, passive strategy. Do you do this with your career and fitness as well? "I'll wait until the gym/promotion comes to me..."

I wouldn't say it was an attack per se, more like an analysis.

Sitting around and waiting to be approached may be a passive strategy but not necessarily a weak one for those who have women approach them. The man in consideration may have different priorities and reactions to the phenomenon associated with the art of "gaming" as you people call it. The passive man may even perceive the mass "approacher" as weak for his lack of control over his insatiable appetite for attention and companionship. Perhaps the passive man is content with his situation and understands that an overly ambitious disposition does not necessarily correlate with, nor act as a catalyst toward the "end goals" he has in mind, namely a happy existence absent of toil that entail a "go getter" mentality. A man who is comfortable with himself and who may not approach things the way you do is not weak from an objective apriori standpoint. He is weak from a socially constructed standpoint, originating from the societal apparatus that deifies a productive ambitious disposition.

Perhaps the man in question, through his wisdom and his life experiences, has come to a realization that having a more 'stoic' approach to external phenomena has rendered him happier. This may sound overly sentimental to the reader, but if the reader were to disregard arbitrary standards and attitudes towards such sentimentality than my point becomes clearer, and free from the fetters of being subject to ridicule and humiliation.

My point is not to say that approaching is bad or that getting a gym membership should be avoided
By all means, go for it. But perhaps you should consider that the man sitting in the corner not approaching may actually be the strongest man in the bar. As long as this man isn't avaricious or green with envy toward the approacher

Sitting around and waiting to be approached may be a passive strategy but not necessarily a weak one for those who have women approach them. The man in consideration may have different priorities and reactions to the phenomenon associated with the art of "gaming" as you people call it. The passive man may even perceive the mass "approacher" as weak for his lack of control over his insatiable appetite for attention and companionship. Perhaps the passive man is content with his situation and understands that an overly ambitious disposition does not necessarily correlate with, nor act as a catalyst toward the "end goals" he has in mind, namely a happy existence absent of toil that entail a "go getter" mentality. A man who is comfortable with himself and who may not approach things the way you do is not weak from an objective apriori standpoint. He is weak from a socially constructed standpoint, originating from the societal apparatus that deifies a productive ambitious disposition.

Perhaps the man in question, through his wisdom and his life experiences, has come to a realization that having a more 'stoic' approach to external phenomena has rendered him happier. This may sound overly sentimental to the reader, but if the reader were to disregard arbitrary standards and attitudes towards such sentimentality than my point becomes clearer, and free from the fetters of being subject to ridicule and humiliation.

My point is not to say that approaching is bad or that getting a gym membership should be avoided
By all means, go for it. But perhaps you should consider that the man sitting in the corner not approaching may actually be the strongest man in the bar. As long as this man isn't avaricious or green with envy toward the approacher

that, or he is just loaded and can get sex with cute ladies anytime he wants

Reactions: fonto12
Just to make myself clear..approaching is great and can strengthen bonds between male friends. The shutdowns and interactions can be hilarious. But by no means is the passive guy weak in all instances.