Guest viewing is limited

JK Business (JKビジネス) New (draft) Regulations: 特定異性接客営業規制条例

TAG Manager

Executive Leadership
Reaction score
This article was in the news yesterday:
http://www.asahi.com/articles/ASK2H3HYLK2HUTIL00C.html

Essentially, they are submitting new regulations for those JK Businesses that have been a bit of a sore spot where underage girls have been found to be working at these establishments.

The new regulation name is "特定異性接客営業規制条例" or simply Customer Service Restriction Regulation. 異性 is translated to the 'opposite sex' or 'heterosexual'.

The purpose of the new regulation is to not permit girls 17 and under from working in a JK Business establishment. The new regulation creates the ability to inspect a business by the police, which wasn't possible before since the JK Businesses do not fall into the category of the "Adult Entertainment Business" law, which already permits inspections of adult service establishments.

The article stated that there 190 such "JK Business" operations in Tokyo by the end of 2016.

To be clear, this is a new draft regulation that is to be submitted on 2/22/2017 to the city council.

Please be careful that you do not patronize any business that may be supplying underage girls for any sort of service via a JK Business, DH or similar service.

Good. Is that counting all the 'sanpo' places as well?

I found an interesting article relating to this news.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20170217-00000024-asahi-soci

Police took survey 42 girls aged 15-17 who they "protected" from JK business. They found out lots of girls working in JK business are ordinally girls with normal family and are satisfied with their school life.
70% out of 42 girls are active high school student, half of them answered " yes, I have provided sexual service to clients", 28% of them said "I do sex with clients if I need to"
66% of them are satisfied with their family and 33% of them are satisfied with their school life as well. Basically, everyday school girls don't really have strong feeling of resistance toward sexual business.

Is the sample in this survey really representative?
42 girls and there are still 100's of others in the business, so I'd say yes. There will be exceptions, but the general idea here is that regular girls are getting in the JK Business on their own even if they have no reason to do so. (i.e. good school life, home life.)

If you can read Japanese, go read [some of] the 229 pages (as of now) of comments attached to that article that Manami linked.

I still dont think.we should be talking lightly about a subject that only just till these laws passed allowed essential time with an underage girl. in a lot of cases sex. Even if a survery says the girls are okay with it doesnt make it ok. predators getting getting easy access to young girls ew.

I still dont think.we should be talking lightly about a subject that only just till these laws passed allowed essential time with an underage girl. in a lot of cases sex. Even if a survery says the girls are okay with it doesnt make it ok. predators getting getting easy access to young girls ew.

No, we're not taking the subject lightly. We don't support or encourage the employment of underage girls in the JK Business arena. The point of the regulation is to give some teeth to authorities to have a better chance to find and remove girls working in these services while underage. Manami's reference to the survey is just pointing out what has been said from the girls themselves, who have no real reason to work in this industry while underage.

The fact remains, most Japanese people have a very different view about these services compared to a western viewpoint.

Bottom line, the regulation is a good move and if anyone is on TAG looking for an illegal JK service, they'd best go find another information source. It's not happening here, period.

I wonder if protecting Japan's image for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics is a major factor behind the change.

Reactions: patty diaz
I wonder if protecting Japan's image for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics is a major factor behind the change.
It's certainly in their scope, but I think this has been a target long before the Olympics plan. Which is sensible... even if the Olympics weren't coming.

Good stuff, I agree that they're clearly going to try to clean things up before the Olympics. This is a great step to protect young girls though. I just hope they don't go underground and the Japanese police work on helping trafficking victims.

Reactions: TAG Manager