Guest viewing is limited

Kabukicho - Death from Above

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAG Manager

Executive Leadership
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one caught this yet....

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/videonews/fnn?a=20181003-00402257-fnn-soci

This happened October 2nd around 7PM right next to Bali An Island hotel in Kabukichou.
FNN said:
東京・歌舞伎町で2日夜、ビルから転落した女性が通行中の男性とぶつかり、女性は死亡し、男性が重傷を負った。

2日午後7時ごろ、新宿区歌舞伎町のビルで、「女性が落ちてきて、通行人の男性の上に落ちた」と110番通報があった。

女性は病院に搬送されたが死亡し、20代の男性は、腕を骨折する重傷を負った。

目撃者は「男性は、あお向けの状態で頭から血を流していて、女性は、完全に会話のできない状態」と話した。

ビルの8階の外階段には、女性の靴やかばんがあったことや、目撃情報などから、女性はビルから飛び降り、路上を歩いていた20代の男性が巻き添えになったとみられる。

女性は20歳前後とみられ、警視庁は、くわしい経緯を調べている。
The basic summary is a young (20's) woman 'fell' from a building, landing on a pedestrian below. The woman was killed but the man survived, with injury. (unrelated to each other)

Be careful folks....

:(

When you say "fell" do you mean she was thrown? Sorry, don't know Japanese.

Very sad. Reminds me of a case at Ikebukuro station a few years ago when a woman jumped and killed the unfortunate pedestrian she landed on. Double tragedy...

Guess I could be keeping an eye up while in that area but honestly if I did see a jumper above me what could I do but get out of the way?

Damn, that's sad. Do the Japanese suicide prevention hotlines / societies work, or due to their culture, it's just not really something they would call / visit for consulting.

The poor guy she landed on actually wishes he was dead too. His wife is demanding to know what he was doing standing outside a love hotel in Kabukicho at 11:30pm on a Tuesday night.

The poor guy she landed on actually wishes he was dead too. His wife is demanding to know what he was doing standing outside a love hotel in Kabukicho at 11:30pm on a Tuesday night.
Source?

Otherwise, please don't joke around about someone's death or someone's injury in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.