Guest viewing is limited

"kakkoii"????

A girl approaches you and you manage to get rid of her in a couple of minutes, that's a pretty good effort!

That's my style. Save on condoms, birth control based on ugly face and worse character.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Am I being called "handsome"? or "stylish"? or "cool"? There are multiple meanings for this word. I am happy to get anything but I still need to know what I am being called!!! Which is it?!?!?

A visit to a girls bar is a sure-fire, albeit expensive, avenue to feeling good. At a hostess bat, even the Phantom of the Opera would hear a constant stream of "sugoi desu ne," and be told that he looks absolutely dashing. Which doesn't change the fact that grooming and dress makes you look better, especially when surrounded by slouches in hoodies.

I actually feel less confident if I take care to dress "well", I'm more myself in casual clothes.
Similar what I was just about to post. I'm not any more confident in a suit than in my usual scruffy outfit. Actually, i think it makes me more self-conscious - feels like i'm pretending to be something i'm not. Yes I'm weird like that.
I don't know if you mean traditional cologne, but male perfume could be a good move imo.
My experience is that ojisan salarymen don't bother with perfume and tend to smell, ehm, funny, while male entertainers who make an efford to impress women do wear the nicer brand perfumes.
Also as a gaijin, you have that image of sweating more than east Asian men, so you may try to be extra careful how you smell.
I do find western guys smelling better than Japanese guys in general because they bother with perfume more often.
Do any of the fine ladies here have suggestions on what brands (you think) smell good?
Personally, I don't bother with perfume/cologne or even deodorant - my nose just finds so many of those fragrances obnoxious. I don't mind some women's perfume though....maybe i should just wear that on myself instead? :D

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Do any of the fine ladies here have suggestions on what brands (you think) smell good?
Personally, I don't bother with perfume/cologne or even deodorant - my nose just finds so many of those fragrances obnoxious. I don't mind some women's perfume though....maybe i should just wear that on myself instead? :D
I don't identify as a woman but I think the key is just a tiny amount. I don't get the point of wanting to smell nice for random people around you.

Similar what I was just about to post. I'm not any more confident in a suit than in my usual scruffy outfit. Actually, i think it makes me more self-conscious - feels like i'm pretending to be something i'm not. Yes I'm weird like that.

I like Paco Rabane, Ralph Lauren, , Bvlgary, and as douchy as it sounds, the Abercombie perfume does smell quite nice.

same here

I actually feel less confident if I take care to dress "well", I'm more myself in casual clothes.
I guess my experience is different. I don't necessarily feel more confident when in a suit but I know I am received differently.

Maybe it's because I have been wearing suits to work for 35 years now so it isn't all that special to me. But last year I ended up in a position at work for which I needed to upgrade to much better ties and there is a real difference in how people react. Granted, a huge chunk of my interactions are with Japanese who may be reacting as much to my clothes as to the title on my biz card - I get that they are somewhat programmed that way.

As far as this "potato" thing that you mentioned, I will have to give that a shot next. Do I eat a potato? Walk around with one? Tell me how to use the potato strategy lol! (just kidding). Or maybe not...
1. Take a medium-size potato (starchy or waxy, depending on your personal preference) and clean it up to remove any earth or protruding sprouts.
2. Put on a pair of briefs and place the potato in the front.
3. Bask in the warm, admiring, gazes of passers by.

If you don't feel that the gazes that you're getting are warm and admiring, go back to step 2 and verify that the potato is in the front.

To get the good kind of attention from Japanese men, or foreign men, we have to look good and dress well

Actually for most guys there are only two requirements for a girl: has boobs and breaths.

Come to think of it breathing is optional.

When I fly back to Europe I am shocked to see the abundance of casual jeans and messy ponytails. That was me before Japan. I can now spell hyaluronic acid correctly. H y a l u r o n i c
that's what I miss the most about France, I prefer casual look on girls.

Reactions: Simonka
French girls have the effortless chic look. I'm talking about the "I've been sleeping in the same onesie for a week and washed my hair four days ago" kind of look :D I might have done that in college :(
jean and converse is chic ?

washed my hair four days ago
Not everyone can get away with it, but there are a lot of fashionistas who wash their hair as little as possible because overwashing is bad for the hair. I personally don't look good after 3 days anymore (although dry shampoo is a lifesaver), but i never wash my hair daily.
Some girls with black hair seem to wash it less than once a week and it looks super healthy. It would look too greasy with my color and texture though.

jean and converse is chic ?

A pretty girl in jeans and chucks and a t-shirt is actually one of my favourite visuals. Honestly prefer that to lingerie sometimes.

Its sad that this is a thread.

shaved, styled hair, dress to impress. i feel self conscious if dont do all three of the above when i leave my house. why are u surprised that it helps!?
The fact that it wouldnt help get attention in the US is a poor reflection of American woman tbh

Agree. “Hansamu” is the word that their grannies use.

When called “kakkoii”, you may want to ask back with a smile, "maji?" and then look into her eye, saying "You have such beautiful brown eyes...your color of eyes is different from other Japanese. So unique, so beautiful."....("you playboy!" "maji?")

I'm totally stealing this one :cool:

Reactions: Ken1988