Karaoke (Carpool Karaoke)

Exnocomment

TAG Member
Reaction score
So.. being of Asian descent, it's not that I've never had exposure to Karaoke.. but the degree it is adored in Japan, HK, Taiwan, etc.. Is something I've never understood.

All that said, someone sent me a link to the follow, where there's a segment now on US television where celebrities "sing along" while going for an interview ride-along! I couldn't help but break into giggles and sing along for many of the songs. I think my favourite experiences have been similar group "sing alongs" !

The money quote:
"All Bruno Mars needs is some wine and some wet wipes.." :eek::ROFLMAO::p:whistle:

I've seen this before, it was nice to watch a few times but got boring after awhile.
The first one I ever saw of the whole franchise was Adele.

But, TV/YouTube/Netflix is one luxury I don't have much time for.
Tried to watch Netflix three times over the past week, passed out before I could get 10 minutes into something that I *WANTED* to watch. :(

Didn't have a f-ing clue who James Cordon was though. HA.

I've seen this before, it was nice to watch a few times but got boring after awhile.
The first one I ever saw of the whole franchise was Adele.

But, TV/YouTube/Netflix is one luxury I don't have much time for.
Tried to watch Netflix three times over the past week, passed out before I could get 10 minutes into something that I *WANTED* to watch. :(

Didn't have a f-ing clue who James Cordon was though. HA.

The ability to download whole series onto Netflix on my phone has enabled me to binge watch while on planes.. Which has proven quite helpful. I'm a binge watcher.. I will ignore everything going on around me when I'm busy and then when a particularly good show is available, say, "The West Wing" - I consume it at a voracious pace. Narcos was extremely entertaining and incredibly violent.

I guess my overall question though, for this thread at least, was to try to figure out why people like Karaoke so much! I admittedly did go do it when I was in my teens and really had not much else to do.. I didn't find it as stress relieving as some people seem to though. There was always one person that would be really good at it and make everyone else feel like poop! :p

The ability to download whole series onto Netflix on my phone has enabled me to binge watch while on planes.. Which has proven quite helpful. I'm a binge watcher.. I will ignore everything going on around me when I'm busy and then when a particularly good show is available, say, "The West Wing" - I consume it at a voracious pace. Narcos was extremely entertaining and incredibly violent.

I guess my overall question though, for this thread at least, was to try to figure out why people like Karaoke so much! I admittedly did go do it when I was in my teens and really had not much else to do.. I didn't find it as stress relieving as some people seem to though. There was always one person that would be really good at it and make everyone else feel like poop! :p
I LOVE karaoke because i love singing. I've been into singing since primary school and when i was a child i dreamt of doing it professionally. Sadly, that will never happen (except maybe in a similar way like the girl in Forest Gump) but i still enjoy it as a hobby and karaoke is a super fun way to do it!

Its also a good thing to do on appointments with friends or dates if you can't think of anything else, and not very expensive!

are there any recommended Karaoke places in Tokyo or is it like everywhere? I arrive in Tokyo 2 weeks today.

are there any recommended Karaoke places in Tokyo or is it like everywhere? I arrive in Tokyo 2 weeks today.
They are all over the place and mostly operated by big chains.
The Pasela chain is probably the most upscale and nice.
My personal favorite is probably karaoke kan (the blue buildings).
Utahiro is probably the cheapest big chain.
Crowded towns that are popular to have fun (like Shinjuku and Shibuya) have a lot of karaoke places.

The above place looks fun as reported but I'm having troubles finding the location.

They say they don't have a reception so it's phone only and then they deliver to the rental rooms near Akasaka.

Last edited by a moderator: