February 2019 weekday early afternoon

Contact Method:
http://www.dx-tohji.co.jp/

Appointment Length & Costs:
All afternoon, 6000 yen entrance + playtime extras

Type/Location:
Strip Club

Language Notes:
Conversational Japanese (but zero Japanese also okay)

Details of the Encounter:
Although I have only been to this strip club once, it seems to have two different formats, with the schedule changing every ten days:
  • Professional dancers (look for five different dancer names)
  • Amateur dancers (look for 素人)
The two formats are very different, and this review is only about the amateur one.

The website is very bad. It's better to check the schedule on their twitter (@dxtoji) and blog (http://blog.livedoor.jp/dxt104/).

There was a man outside who told me the price in English, and exchanged my money for a ticket from the vending machine. I think he was a helpful employee rather than a tout. His English was minimal, but sufficient. They are probably used to having customers who can't speak any Japanese.

Amateur days are more expensive than professional days (8000 yen versus 7000 yen). You can get 2000 yen discount for getting there before noon, or using a coupon from the website (http://www.dx-tohji.co.jp/english/waribiki1.htm). Also discounts for seniors, students, etc. Discounts can't be combined.

The club is very shabby and could benefit from an extensive renovation. Several of the seats are literally falling apart. But it's clean enough, and in a way quite homely.

The club rules are written in the lobby in Japanese, with just a few words in English. The key one is that cameras and mobile phones may not be used inside the club area. Don't check messages, or even check the time. You can use phones in the lobby area.

There were around 12-15 dancers on the day I went. Of those, 2-3 were stunners, 2-3 were fairly attractive, and the others were not attractive to me (due to body size, body shape, or age).

The day's schedule is posted in the lobby (in Japanese). They seem to stick to the times pretty closely, so even if you can't read Japanese you can see when the next event will start. There are various events, but there seem to be three types:

1. Dancing events:

Anything from several dancers on the stage shuffling their feet and rotating position every couple of minutes so everyone gets a view, to solo performances. The quality of most of the dancing isn't great, but there's plenty of nudity.

2. Audience participation events:

The ones I saw were:
  • Massage. A total of six customers get on the stage, in pairs, and get massaged (over clothes) by two girls, and then massage (over skimpy outfits) the two girls.
  • Grope play. Customers get in line to grope two girls (over clothes).
  • Pussy examination. Customers get in line to examine the pussies of two girls, using magnifying glasses and torches.
  • Breast play. Customers play with the breasts of two girls (over clothes).
I didn't consider any of the girls in these events attractive, so although free I didn't participate. I don't know if I was just unlucky that day, or this is normally the case.

3. One-on-one events

The girls all go into the audience area and have paid one-on-one time with the customers.

The prices are for 5-10 minutes of action, and are the same for all the girls:
  • 1000 yen: breast play (topless)
  • 2000 yen: deep kiss (topless)
  • 3000 yen: cunnilingus (nude)
  • 3000 yen: masturbation (nude) (with finger condom)
Girls will come to you, and you can also go to a girl if she is free. When I politely rejected girls it was always taken pleasantly. The stunners were naturally the most popular, but all of the girls got plenty of action. On a weekend you might have a problem getting time with the more attractive girls.

The girls I spoke to were all extremely friendly, and being a foreigner wasn't a problem at all. None of the girls spoke more than very basic English, but if you don't speak any Japanese I'm sure you could get by with miming and hand gestures.

One-on-one action is all in the audience area in open view. The cunnilingus is generally done with the girl lying on the stage and the customer standing in front of the stage. The rest either in seats, or standing near the seats or stage. If you're shy this isn't for you!

Final Thoughts:
Recommended, Will Repeat.

Closing Comments:
Unlike regular strip clubs where spending money on polaroids is entirely optional, if you don't have the cash to play with the amateur girls here then you'll probably feel a bit left out. But in any case, it's definitely worth a visit at least once!

Much more on offer compared to the Shibuya equivalent.....

Thanks for the review! I love both DX locations (Kyoto and Kabukicho). I second the recommendation for the amateurs at Kyoto. They are VERY interactive and fun.

There is an amateur troupe associated with DX Kabukicho as well - Touch Love Girls. Their show has a lot of games on stage, time to chat one on one with the girls, nude parapara dancing, and groping opportunities.

Sadly, DX Kabukicho will close its doors for good on 6/30 this year, and the Touch Love Girls will disband the same month - victims of the upcoming Olympics according to one of the performers. See them while you can! http://www.stnavi.net/strip/kobanjoho.php?t=DX歌舞伎町

One more note. Japanese Strip Theater was my first dodgy adventure in Japan, and though I’ve added other adult activities to my travels, I still enjoy this uniquely Japanese art form when I can. stnavi.net summarizes locations and schedules for about 20 remaining theaters around Japan, along with some information on the professional dancers. The venues are slowly closing down, so see a show before it’s too late!
http://www.stnavi.net/strip/index.php

Last edited:
Sad to hear Kabukicho DX is closing down. I appreciate the heads up, and I'll definitely try to get there to see the Touch Love Girls before the end of June!

And it's a shame the venues are closing down in general. Toyo Show is usually packed, they must be raking it in?

I was in the theater this month. I can confirm the condition of the theater, it could use an update but the duct tape seems to hold everything together. I made it to the second show which started at 14:10, there was a total of about 20 customers that afternoon. There was a total of 5 performers, each having about 20 minutes to do their act and then the audience could take Polaroid photos after each performance for a price. For the finale all 5 dancers came out on stage. The girls did not come out into the audience per martianmartin experience.

The day I went I thought all the dancers were pretty good looking and a couple were super good looking. It would be unlikely I would go again, but for a one time experience it was worth it.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
There was a total of 5 performers, each having about 20 minutes to do their act and then the audience could take Polaroid photos after each performance for a price. For the finale all 5 dancers came out on stage. The girls did not come out into the audience per martianmartin experience.

That sounds like it was a professional dancer day, not an amateur dancer day. I haven't tried those yet, but I'll probably stick to Toyo Show (similar format, but less duct tape!).

Reactions: Samshin
In general, the professional dancers perform the 11th through the 20th of each month, and the amateurs perform the rest of the month. There are exceptions, but you can verify the current show at the links shared previously in this thread.

Last edited:
I can't imagine the Asakusa Rockza closing. I think they do a lot of business.
I hope not!
I think they are out of the way for the Olympics though. Shinjuku is just too close.
But on the other hand, Rockza is in the middle of a regular neighborhood (no RLD) that’s popular with tourists.

Reactions: Viggagadye
I hope not!
I think they are out of the way for the Olympics though. Shinjuku is just too close.
But on the other hand, Rockza is in the middle of a regular neighborhood (no RLD) that’s popular with tourists.

Yeah exactly. I would think a lot of people who are there for the Olympics would then take some time to visit Asakusa.