Guest viewing is limited

Learning Japanese

A few more recommended resources!

Imabi
Some of the English on the site is... questionable, but all the different topics are well-done, especially in how they explain the various nuances of any given expression or grammar point. I've learned quite a few things that I never picked up anywhere else from here. A lot of people recommend Tae Kim's guide, but this feels more useful despite the somewhat "textbook" tone.

Jisho
An incredibly good dictionary, especially if you want to find the reading for a place or person's name.

Weblio
Obviously, it's more geared towards Japanese-English or Japanese-Japanese functionality, but it can be helpful in finding a more natural translation of English expressions and vice-versa. At least, it's helped me figure out certain set expressions that I couldn't find in a dictionary.

Rikaichan
I imagine anybody out there who uses Firefox around here probably knows this already. If you don't, this is a godsend for those words and kanji that you forget or flat-out don't know. Personally, I probably lean on this more than I ought to, but it's just too damn handy.

Reactions: mit2UM and e-smile