Guest viewing is limited

Let's try not to ruin Twin Tail.

Hmm... I wonder if deaf/mute Japanese men would get in.

Anyway an idea for Asian guys:
When you encounter the doorman, make some nonsensical vocalisations and loud grunts. Then before he thinks you're mentally handicapped, show him a paper (written in Japanese) stating:
-You're 100% Japanese and know all the rules.
-You have a disability with talking, but can understand Japanese OK (point to the fake hearing aid).
- asking if you can kindly be let into this fine establishment.

If anytime he talks in Japanese, reply with reassuring nods/grunts or even some fake sign language. Do enough spastic vocalisations to get sympathy, but not so much that he suspects mental handicap.

Only the most heartless doorman would deny you, no? :D

(hope this post isn't actually offensive to anyone)

Last edited:
I realize you're joking, but the idea of tricking someone into performing oral sex on you that they might not if they knew the truth leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Pun intended.
would just be an act to get past that evil doorman. (unless he's the one who does the actual servicing?? :cigar::cautious:)
If want to gain entry into a club, I'll show up with a 3-piece suit. Once I'm in, I will show my true colours and change into comfy PJs. :)

But yes, was a little bit of a joke. came into my mind because I did see quite a few deaf/mute people in Japan. They can probably communicate faster through hands than I can through my talking.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I realize you're joking, but the idea of tricking someone into performing oral sex on you that they might not if they knew the truth leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Pun intended.

Exactly why I would rather not fake speaking Japanese. If this place in particular knowingly accept gaijin who can understand then there’s no point in deception. Would much rather be honest and demonstrate I can comply with their services and rules. Much safer than being caught in an act and potentially ruin it for everyone.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
It might have been a different case or shop rules at that Kyoto place, but in this situation in particular it seemed more to be the language issue.
Hmmm, not necessarily. It's pretty common to hear gaijin friendly shops not letting in foreigners at all times (this shop being the perfect example), regardless of language skills. It does sometimes depend on who's working in the shop.

When you encounter the doorman, make some nonsensical vocalisations and loud grunts. Then before he thinks you're mentally handicapped, show him a paper (written in Japanese) stating:
-You have a disability with talking, but can understand Japanese OK (point to the fake hearing aid).

If anytime he talks in Japanese, reply with reassuring nods/grunts or even some fake sign language. Do enough spastic vocalisations to get sympathy, but not so much that he suspects mental handicap.

Joking aside, that kind of emphasizes my point. Not being able to speak or act like the average Japanese person doesn't mean they'll assume you're a foreigner But once you tell them that you "know only a little Japanese", it leaves little doubt for the shop.

I completely understand that feeling, which is why I wouldn't outright condone the idea of "tricking" a shop. But I wouldn't condemn it either! :rolleyes:

That's so underhanded... I love it! Lol
Then you can make all kinds of perverted hand signals to the girls and everything. Just don't accidentally let out any sounds like "ah, fuck yesss!" while getting serviced.

But you better hope the tenchou doesn't hand you a pen and paper and ask you to write...

However, from the guy asking me to confirm "nihongo daijoubu?", forces me to assume that I would have been allowed had I been more proactive, spoken properly and not give such a weak response.

Exactly. I haven't yet met a staff member in Japan who would have failed to give me the X mark immediately when seeing my white face if they were strict about not letting the filthy foreigners in.

Exactly. I haven't yet met a staff member in Japan who would have failed to give me the X mark immediately when seeing my white face if they were strict about not letting the filthy foreigners in.
Oh sure, that's a given. But Rollic is an Asian American, so the situation is a tad different.

I just got turned away from Twintail. 2:30pm on a Monday.

I’m Asian American but I’m out of practice on my speaking. I have learned Japanese on a basic/conversational level. I said this was my first time here to the guy at the door and he asked “nihongo daijoubu” and I said “chotto desu”. He looked at the other guy sitting down, silently chuckled and told me “muri desu” and sorry.

I forgot to say with confidence that I understand rules of pink salons and I may have come across as too nervous and clueless. Confidence was completely out the window. I probably shouldn’t have only said “chotto” and he may have misinterpreted my “koko hajimete” as first time to any place like this instead of just Twintail.

I intend to try again later during my stay, and at a different time of day to not see the same guy hopefully. Any advice or tips on key things to say so that they will let me in?

I might not be the best person to give a japanese lesson, but in this context "chotto desu" means "sorry, but it's not ok". It might have triggered something for them. Better to say "chotto hanasemasu", or upgrade it a bit to "maa-maa hanasemasu."

I might not be the best person to give a japanese lesson, but in this context "chotto desu" means "sorry, but it's not ok". It might have triggered something for them. Better to say "chotto hanasemasu", or upgrade it a bit to "maa-maa hanasemasu."

I don't think the front door of a sex shop is a place where you need to feel particularly modest or try to give an honest update on your life and language skills.

Just let them know you speak the language very well and they have one less reason to be blocking your way.

Reactions: Sudsy

I've always found that "お前のお母さんは90年代にここで働いたし俺は通常の顧客だったので、お前は俺の息子かもしれません。" works wonders.

I've always found that "お前のお母さんは90年代にここで働いたし俺は通常の顧客だったので、お前は俺の息子かもしれません。" works wonders.
'your mum' jokes are hilarious and well received in all languages and cultures :)

Reactions: Sudsy
Update: Went to redeem myself yesterday and got in without a problem. I admitted being gaikokujin following up with "kedo, nihongo daijoubu, blah blah blah". Out of slight pressure to get it right, I stuttered and flubbed "gaikokujin" but he just muttered to the guy sitting and then responded "daijoubu". IIRC, the greeter had glasses, a beard/mustache and most distinctively a comb-over hairstyle. Other than flubbing the first word, I thought I was screwed when it turned out the guy who originally turned me down was the one sitting on the stool and he briefly made eye contact with me, but didnt look twice.

Anyways, I got No. 39 Miru, really chatty and had very nice skills even though I didn't find her that cute. Can't complain though. I never planned on writing reviews here but I may do one later. Just wanted to express that this went from an initial failure to a success!

Last edited:
Update: Went to redeem myself yesterday and got in without a problem. I admitted being gaikokujin following up with "kedo, nihongo daijoubu, blah blah blah". Out of slight pressure to get it right, I stuttered and flubbed "gaikokujin" but he just muttered to the guy sitting and then responded "daijoubu". IIRC, the greeter had glasses, a beard/mustache and most distinctively a comb-over hairstyle. Other than flubbing the first word, I thought I was screwed when it turned out the guy who originally turned me down was the one sitting on the stool and he briefly made eye contact with me, but didnt look twice.

Anyways, I got No. 39 Miru, really chatty and had very nice skills even though I didn't find her that cute. Can't complain though. I never planned on writing reviews here but I may do one later. Just wanted to express that this went from an initial failure to a success!

Good job. So I think that pretty much affirms that if you can demonstrate the language ability here, there's a good chance you'll get in.