Guest viewing is limited

Love hotel recommendations (Shibuya, Omotesando)

tokyosteven77

TAG Member
Reaction score
Have a couple dates lined up in the coming next week, and want to be prepared just in case. One is in Shibuya, and I will definitely not be using the same hotels I used last time. Last time in Shibuya I was fortunate enough to need 2 hotels in one night and used the two shown in the picture below. Both were absolutely terrible (seriously, avoid them at all costs!). The first one (right) looked good from outside (seemed to have been jazzed up since the pic) but was quite run down on the inside, and staffed by only old women who were chatty, asked lots of unnecessary questions, completely not how they are supposed to be. The second was worse though: old, dirty, air con not working properly etc. Thank god my date was forgiving and horny (FWIW / BTW can honestly say it was one of the most memorable nights of my life).

Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 20.59.00.png

Does anyone have any recommendations for Shibuya? I just read a thread on Hotel Sulata (which I have seen) but honestly I would prefer something a bit less blingy looking. Would be great if I could get something in the range of 2 hours, but would be ok with paying up to 10k for 2-4 hours, if it has nice facilities.

I also have a date in Omotesando, bit of a long shot that I will need a hotel for that date I think, but if anyone has any recommendations It would be good to know.

Thanks

Yeah, Claire is a safe bet. But honestly the quality of LH in Shibuya is much lower than the one in Shinjuku. There are spacious, nice hotel like SK plaza but is so old!
Go look for a nice restaurant or bar in / close to Kabukicho and tell her "I just found a nice restaurant I would like to try out with you! Can we meet in Shinjuku instead?" Restaurant is an excuse of course.

Have a couple dates lined up in the coming next week, and want to be prepared just in case. One is in Shibuya, and I will definitely not be using the same hotels I used last time. Last time in Shibuya I was fortunate enough to need 2 hotels in one night and used the two shown in the picture below. Both were absolutely terrible (seriously, avoid them at all costs!). The first one (right) looked good from outside (seemed to have been jazzed up since the pic) but was quite run down on the inside, and staffed by only old women who were chatty, asked lots of unnecessary questions, completely not how they are supposed to be. The second was worse though: old, dirty, air con not working properly etc. Thank god my date was forgiving and horny (FWIW / BTW can honestly say it was one of the most memorable nights of my life).

View attachment 5578

Does anyone have any recommendations for Shibuya? I just read a thread on Hotel Sulata (which I have seen) but honestly I would prefer something a bit less blingy looking. Would be great if I could get something in the range of 2 hours, but would be ok with paying up to 10k for 2-4 hours, if it has nice facilities.

I also have a date in Omotesando, bit of a long shot that I will need a hotel for that date I think, but if anyone has any recommendations It would be good to know.

Thanks
SK plaza is the most luxury one by far. They have renovated recently and also have a "short time" two hours course nowadays which makes it more affordable.

Claire and Areas (?) are also nice imo.

They have renovated recently and also have a "short time" two hours course nowadays which makes it more affordable.

Those must be targeted for the younger guys I guess. At my age me and my partners try to look for those hotels that give four hour courses and we still end up paying extension almost every time. :D

Reactions: Muku1
Those must be targeted for the younger guys I guess. At my age me and my partners try to look for those hotels that give four hour courses and we still end up paying extension almost every time. :D
Honestly, i dont know how people spend 4 hours in a hotel. I get waiting for the delivery girl and stuff, but if you enter together...
The people i go with are usually so excited to see me that they dont last long, and even after multiple rounds and a relaxing bath, its still usually less than two hours later :)

Yeah, Claire is a safe bet. But honestly the quality of LH in Shibuya is much lower than the one in Shinjuku. There are spacious, nice hotel like SK plaza but is so old!
Go look for a nice restaurant or bar in / close to Kabukicho and tell her "I just found a nice restaurant I would like to try out with you! Can we meet in Shinjuku instead?" Restaurant is an excuse of course.

The problem is then that there are not so many great restaurants in Kabukicho , but I agree with you : better to give priority to the room quality vs food quality in this case. Besides eating too much good food is not great for sex afterwards

SK plaza is the most luxury one by far. They have renovated recently and also have a "short time" two hours course nowadays which makes it more affordable.

Claire and Areas (?) are also nice imo.

Thanks Alice.

I found this page for SK Plaza: http://www.hotel-guide.jp/shop/sk-plaza1/

Funny that given its so expensive (min price looks like 15k+ ???) they have such a crappy website! Anyway I guess this is out of my price range, unless I am really having a good time with her :)

Don't suppose anyone has links for 'Areas'?

That is not an option this time as I have already set a specific place in Shibuya that we both want to go to. Interesting though that you suggest Kabukicho. Honestly, I would never dream of taking a girl there on a first date (just to be clear these are 'regular' first dates, attractive late 20's girls, not P4P, not sugar-dating, sex is not expected, I just want to be prepared 'in case'). Whenever I have gone to Kabukicho (once for P4P which was utterly awful, but I made a bad choice) it just seems like such a dirty, seedy area, and I feel it would be suicide to take a nice girl there. Is that just me? Genuinely curious as I still feel I dont really understand women!

The problem is then that there are not so many great restaurants in Kabukicho , but I agree with you : better to give priority to the room quality vs food quality in this case. Besides eating too much good food is not great for sex afterwards

Agreed about food. This is why I think Japan is so great for dating, with Izakaya's you can focus on the drinks but still have some small nibbles too :) Back home I would feel like a cheapo if I didn't take the girl to a restaurant, but indeed that is not conducive to sex at all, more like sleep & flatulence :LOL:.

Reactions: Frenchy
I still feel I dont really understand women!
Welcome to the club then ;) "Lasciate ogni speranza voi ch'entrate"...

Regarding your question, I agree with your opinion about Kabukicho. Just the other day, while walking to a LH at the area around 3pm, a huge rat (at least 30 cms long, excluding tail) slowly crossed the street right in front of me and entered a hole in the wall of one of those filthy buildings.

But anyway, Shinjuku is a very big neighborhood, and there are indeed, as @Manami TMK said, many nice bar/restaurants scattered throughout the area. You can go to Kabukicho only "for the kill".

Reactions: ur19877
This doesn't make much sense to me. SK plazas cheapest price is definitely not 15.000 yen. Maybe thats for stay or something?
Pretty sure their "short time" rooms start at 3990 yen or so, although they have some rooms that are about 10.000 for only a rest, thats definitely not all of them though. The swimming pool one might set someone back at 15.000 for a rest, not sure, but there are cheaper options.

Dogenzaka is a lot older and dirtier than kabuki cho imo. There are definitely rats in Dogenzaka as well.
Kabukicho has been cleaned up and modified for tourists a lot lately, and even though Shibuya also gets a lot of tourists, their upkeeping is behind imo.

Reactions: Wwanderer and MikeH
Dogenzaka is a lot older and dirtier than kabuki cho imo. There are definitely rats in Dogenzaka as well.
Kabukicho has been cleaned up and modified for tourists a lot lately, and even though Shibuya also gets a lot of tourists, their upkeeping is behind imo.
Yes, definitely Dougenzaka is also very much run down. But I feel like the whole place is better "secluded" from the rest of the neighborhood than Kabukicho is from Shinjuku - probably because of its geography, a hill hidden behind the main avenues of Shibuya. Also, I think it's more convenient and quick to move from the "better looking" part of Shibuya to Dougenzaka. Anyway, just my personal opinion. I don't like the general vibe of Kabukicho.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Welcome to the club then ;) "Lasciate ogni speranza voi ch'entrate"...

Regarding your question, I agree with your opinion about Kabukicho. Just the other day, while walking to a LH at the area around 3pm, a huge rat (at least 30 cms long, excluding tail) slowly crossed the street right in front of me and entered a hole in the wall of one of those filthy buildings.
Hey that was certainly Donald , my lost pet rat! . Do you remember which filthy building ? I hope you were nice to him , I really feel sad without him.

Reactions: zecarioca and MikeH
Hey that was certainly Donald , my lost pet rat! . Do you remember which filthy building ? I hope you were nice to him , I really feel sad without him.

I have seen him in many different parts of Tokyo. Is he sightseeing?

Ok back to topic otherwise I may get muted .
If it really has to happen in Shibuya , I agree with other comments here, love hotels quality is not that great. I kinda like hotel Paris though , but there are indeed better ones in Kabukicho

Reactions: ur19877
Ok back to topic otherwise I may get muted .
If it really has to happen in Shibuya , I agree with other comments here, love hotels quality is not that great. I kinda like hotel Paris though , but there are indeed better ones in Kabukicho

You probably like Paris because
#1. You are French and you have that bias..
#2. You had some good memories there, and you have that bias...

:) I am with #2... though I don't like the fact there is no elevator.. I didn't mind the rooms..

You probably like Paris because
#1. You are French and you have that bias..
#2. You had some good memories there, and you have that bias...

:) I am with #2... though I don't like the fact there is no elevator.. I didn't mind the rooms..

Well I have good AND crappy memories there . I mean , both the city and the hotel :D

Reactions: MikeH and ur19877
This doesn't make much sense to me. SK plazas cheapest price is definitely not 15.000 yen. Maybe thats for stay or something?
Pretty sure their "short time" rooms start at 3990 yen or so, although they have some rooms that are about 10.000 for only a rest, thats definitely not all of them though. The swimming pool one might set someone back at 15.000 for a rest, not sure, but there are cheaper options.

Ah ok, I will have to look at the site again. I cant read Japanese so probably misunderstood it.

Ah ok, I will have to look at the site again. I cant read Japanese so probably misunderstood it.

There are different room types with different charges, but the short stay fees (~2 hours) are much cheaper. The upper fees are for 'stay' which means longer hours, like 2, 4 hours or more, etc. ショート means 'short' which is what most people use and for this hotel, it's 90 minutes (E type to J type, shown first column) The rooms A to D are luxury rooms and don't offer the short stay time.

The upper fees are for 'stay' which means longer hours, like 2, 4 hours or more

I am not nitpicking, it's called caring about the details. "Stay" normally means overnight, "rest" means shorter hours, normally anything up to 4 but with service hours at daytime can be anything up to 8 hours.

At SK Plaza they seem to like the kanji versions 休憩 (kyuukei) for rest and 宿泊 (shukuhaku) for stay.