Love hotels vs regular hotels

tad3239

TAG Member
Reaction score
As a new visitor to Japan , I noticed that hotel rooms are really small except for 4 or 5 stars hotels . So if I have a to choose between a normal small room in a 3 star hotel , a spacious room in a luxurious hotel , and a love hotel room for an appointment , Which one would you advice to me to book knowing that I'd stay overnight as I don't reside in Tokyo ?

I don't no about regular luxurious hotels in Japan as I've never stayed in one; however, the love hotels I've been to have been very chic, spacious with all the amenities, private with shower, jacuzzi, king bed, etc. perhaps better than any regular hotel.

Personally I like a regular hotel where you could admire the magnificent Tokyo skyline from above in doggy style...

How much time are you actually going to spend in the hotel room and how much large luggages will you be carrying? Claustrophobic much? The small ones are just fine if you’re just going to be using it to crash and hold your belongings. If you have a lot of luggage, you may need to strategically place them or walk over them in some of the really small ones.

Are you trying to impress anyone? Bringing anyone back to the hotel for activities? If so, then the larger ones may be better. More space to maneuver. Or just get a small one for crashing and go to a love hotel for your boinking activities.

Reactions: tad3239
How much time are you actually going to spend in the hotel room and how much large luggages will you be carrying? Claustrophobic much? The small ones are just fine if you’re just going to be using it to crash and hold your belongings. If you have a lot of luggage, you may need to strategically place them or walk over them in some of the really small ones.

Are you trying to impress anyone? Bringing anyone back to the hotel for activities? If so, then the larger ones may be better. More space to maneuver. Or just get a small one for crashing and go to a love hotel for your boinking activities.

Not many luggage , just staying for sex and sleeping .

Note that some of the relatively downscale regular hotels with smaller rooms (and beds!) often have a policy against having visitors in your room and some of them actually enforce the rule occasionally. Some of the upscale hotels have such rules too, I think, but I've never known them to be enforced.

Also note that some love hotels have a set up such that you cannot come-and-go from your room at will. You may have to pay and check-out, in effect, each time you leave and find a room again when you come back etc. In other words, you can't leave your stuff there or even be sure they will have a vacancy when you return. They are also not so cheap on a 24-hour basis although they are a good deal for an overnight stay.

-Ww

I think Pasha and Bali-An have "Go and Return" plans? Uhhh let me look that up real quick.

-Pasha allows for re-entry so an overnight stay is between ¥11,230 - ¥16,300 which I mean isn't unreasonable for a regular hotel, it also allows multiple people to share a room (Not sure how many though)
-Bali-An is the same but depending on the location and room can range from ¥8,500 - ¥28,800 per night.
-Forsion, J-Mex, An, and D-Wave (All in Shinjuku) also allow for more than one person per room and re-entry so you can stay the night and go in and out from your room.

So there are a few places depending on what you want.

(I travel a lot myself and I usually pick a business hotel but those are really not designed for fucking in.)

Please note that pasha, Jmex, and other JTH group of hotel and bali an charge 50% of additional fee per person if you would like to share a room with more than two people.
Also note that a lot of love hotels are ok with three people with extra fee but some of them don’t allow two men so if you travel with your guy friend, love hotel is not a good choice.

I had a client at hotel Jmex a while ago.
He said he booked the hotel by regular hotel booking site.
Check in time is 1pm, you can stay until 11am next day, freely go in and out and you can bring a girl from outside but the room fee is still decent price, almost the same price as othe regular, small business hotels in the area. If you are staying just one night, it is good deal.
It is funny. I went to the hotel Jmex to see my client that day. I told the receptionist the room number I got from him, she checked the monitor and she was like “ ○○○号室は、外人さんですけど?大丈夫ですか?” (room xxx is occupied by foreigner. Are you sure it is not a wrong room number?”
I was like “it might be a problem if he is NOT a foreigner. “

Hi, I am relatively new to this but I have a similar question. Would Hoshinoya be visitor friendly?